• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overview of Nintendo's FY 2016 Second Quarter Earnings Release/Briefing on Oct. 26/27

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It's the one other big holiday seller besides Pokémon that launches in three of their largest markets.

They might want to know how much they think it'll salvage the holiday season.

I'm not convinced it's that big. If it is, it should be already mentioned in Kimishima's presentation for the meeting.

casiopao

Yeah, I guess at least one of the shareholders will about Super Mario Run expected revenues. I'm not sure they care about NES mini.

NES Mini is going to be Nintendo trump card in getting as much profit as possible in this holiday though? I mean, where do you think they can get their profit if not from there.

Shiggy

It's the one other big holiday seller besides Pokémon that launches in three of their largest markets.

They might want to know how much they think it'll salvage the holiday season.

The Nintendo Classic Mini: NES has a relatively limited release, it doesn't seem to be a big product launch for them.

Celine

I'm not convinced it's that big. If it is, it should be already mentioned in Kimishima's presentation for the meeting.
How much do you expect the NES Classic Mini will ship until March 2017?

The Nintendo Classic Mini: NES has a relatively limited release, it doesn't seem to be a big product launch for them.
I really hope Nintendo can match demand (at least most of it).

For the most part what I can see is that preorders are limited in all three major areas (NA, Europe, Japan) but most retailers will be selling them in-stores.

Shiggy

For the most part what I can see is that preorders are limited in all three major areas (NA, Europe, Japan) but most retailers will be selling them in-stores.

In Germany, retailers often let customers preorder their entire stock. Makes most sense anyway - what's sold is sold. And when preorders are this limited, it's highly unlikely that in-store stock will be very large.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
NES Mini is going to be Nintendo trump card in getting as much profit as possible in this holiday though? I mean, where do you think they can get their profit if not from there.

How much do you expect the NES Classic Mini will ship until March 2017?

I really hope Nintendo can match demand (at least most of it).

I don't know, it seems to be a really limited launch. I don't see Nintendo producing more than 1 million. Even that seems a bit of stretch I think. Anywhere between 500k and 1 mio. LTD would be my guess.

Celine

I don't know, it seems to be a really limited launch. I don't see Nintendo producing more than 1 million. Even that seems a bit of stretch I think. Anywhere between 500k and 1 mio. LTD would be my guess.
LTD I expect easily more than 1 million units worldwide for the NES Classic Mini (actually I expect more than 2 million units).

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Asahi Shimbun released a single photo from the news conference:

tatsud8ur8.png

OSAKA, JAPAN - OCTOBER 26: (CHINA OUT, SOUTH KOREA OUT) Nintendo Co President Tatsumi Kimishima speaks during a press conference announcing their April-September financial result at Osaka Exchange on October 26, 2016 in Osaka, Japan. (Photo by The Asahi Shimbun via Getty Images)

ggx2ac

Rösti;221528119 said:
Asahi Shimbun released a single photo from the news conference:

tatsud8ur8.png

"We will not be talking about the NX today, err... I mean, we will not be talking about the Nintendo Switch today."

trugs26

They NEED the 3DS for this holiday; why on earth would they say it now that the "3DS is about to die and get replaced"? Wait until April next year, then we can get to know what Nintendo really have in mind for the 3DS.

Well they didn't say it, that's the thing. Therefore they can still market there 3DS. But if we decipher their language, we might be able to speculate on these things. For example, Nintendo specifically stating that the Switch is their console machine (i.e don't confuse it with their handheld line!), then the tweet I referenced just before.

10 more minutes. Hopefully we'll hear about something about Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem mobile. I'm burned out from the Switch hype.

So 10 more minutues until price and launch lineup revealed. Aw yeah I'm so hyped!
I'll keep the dream alive. January is too harsh a word.

Sterok

3DS hardware and software are up YOY in America and Europe. All hail Pokemon Go. Yokai Watch is at 500K in Europe and is outpacing its Japanese sales over the same period, though with Pokemon upcoming I personally doubt that will last. They can't meet demand for the Pokemon Go Plus. And some people thought the delay would kill that. 3.5 million downloads for the Pokemon Sun/Moon demo, so that's positive.

robotrock

Banned
XCMDIZT.jpg

Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing iOS/Android by March?

edit: don't know how old this is but just seeing it now. Never heard of Miitopia either.

casiopao

Miitopia is exclusively announced via Japanese Direct recently. We only had logo and nothing else.

Kawashima mentioned that they are going to bring more info on the game upcoming weeks and it is planned on releasing this holiday.

daxgame

Miitopia is exclusively announced via Japanese Direct recently. We only had logo and nothing else.

Kawashima mentioned that they are going to bring more info on the game upcoming weeks and it is planned on releasing this holiday.

The doctor is back, let's go!

Castef

Banned
Mmmmh... looking at the amiboo selling trend I think it could be a nice move for them to make a new set which is NOT compatible with the previous ones and, most of all, make the old amiiboos not compatible with Switch.

jmizzal

XCMDIZT.jpg

Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing iOS/Android by March?

edit: don't know how old this is but just seeing it now. Never heard of Miitopia either.

So we will prob learn about Animal Crossing Mobile during the Animal crossing direct, but when will we learn about Fire Emblem Mobile? It has to be before the Switch Presentation

NolbertoS

So only 12 questions this time. Thought more investors would ask more than usual, given their moaning and groaning when the Nintendo Switch was announced.

Top Bottom