• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overview of Nintendo's FY 2016 Second Quarter Earnings Release/Briefing on Oct. 26/27

No it's not. When was there a rumor about a "mobile" version of a game?

That could mean a number of things.

Like, he could have simply meant the same game in portable ("mobile") form.

Regardless of what he meant, it's his own wording and speculation anyway.

boogie is also a banned GAF user, so I wouldn't suggest making a thread about this.

This reads like word salad.

That doesn't make much sense though. Maybe it's his wording or he got it wrong. Developers won't create two games for the price of one now.

And who's that guy anyway?

Guy whose claims to fame are thinking fat shaming is okay (and being an expert because he's overweight himself) and getting banned from GAF because he doesn't think homophobic slurs are always bad if you don't mean them.

AzaK

I feel that there's very little to expect from NX news until the new year. I expect Nintendo to say "Yes the NX is on/off target" or something to keep shareholders informed. I do NOT expect any NX information of any real significance until the new year because we are entering Christmas time. There is the PS4 Pro, there is VR, there is Black Friday and no NX this year. Nintendo would get drowned out and for those that did listen, why tell them about something coming in 5 months time when they're busy playing other games and getting their hands on powerful hardware (PS4 pro).

And like something NOONE wants. I mean Ass Creed mobile and then continue the main game.....Joy.

ggx2ac

I feel that there's very little to expect from NX news until the new year. I expect Nintendo to say "Yes the NX is on/off target" or something to keep shareholders informed. I do NOT expect any NX information of any real significance until the new year because we are entering Christmas time. There is the PS4 Pro, there is VR, there is Black Friday and no NX this year. Nintendo would get drowned out and for those that did listen, why tell them about something coming in 5 months time when they're busy playing other games and getting their hands on powerful hardware (PS4 pro).

Nintendo spent their E3 talking about a game that won't come out until 2017 and for a new console. I seriously don't see any difference between revealing NX at E3 2016 and revealing NX later in the year when it's coming out in March 2017.

Wii and Wii U had long periods of reveal phases, the NX will probably have the same thing with the price and release date not being revealed until next year while we just get hardware and software this year.

AzaK

Nintendo spent their E3 talking about a game that won't come out until 2017 and for a new console. I seriously don't see any difference between revealing NX at E3 2016 and revealing NX later in the year when it's coming out in March 2017.

Wii and Wii U had long periods of reveal phases, the NX will probably have the same thing with the price and release date not being revealed until next year while we just get hardware and software this year.

At E3 2016 there was not much else going on. Very soon it will be insane. Games galore, new consoles, VR, Christmas spending. Why go all out and spend marketing $$ at a time where you'll have to compete with everyone else. Especially when you're not releasing anything this year.

Starting marketing in January is fine. That give you 3 months to hype your machine and get the ads rolling.

If Nintendo wants to reveal NX this month, fine. But unveiling it in November or December would be....not so smart. Might as well go for January if they're not going to show it off within the next couple weeks.

AzaK

If Nintendo wants to reveal NX this month, fine. But unveiling it in November or December would be....not so smart. Might as well go for January if they're not going to show it off within the next couple weeks.

Precisely but even late October would have me concerned. PS4 VR comes out soon, then early Nov is PS4 pro. It might work but if anything it'll be very small, as in not much $$ spent.

It would be a bad business move to reveal NX in November or December.

This is what Kimishima said

“At this current stage, I’m not able to say. However, it’s not merely the successor to the handheld 3DS or stationary console Wii U. This will be hardware that’s been made with a new way of thinking. I’d like to announce more particulars regarding its specs and how it works another time this year.”

He will announce specs and how it works another time this year. Is that something you do at an investors meeting? And they've said they would talk about NX before the end of the year. November and December should automatically be scratched out because of the holidays.

October is the only month they can talk about it. If not, then expect a delayed to be announced at the investors meeting.

He will announce specs and how it works another time this year. Is that something you do at an investors meeting? And they've said they would talk about NX before the end of the year. November and December should automatically be scratched out because of the holidays.

October is the only month they can talk about it. If not, then expect a delayed to be announced at the investors meeting.
This is the most reasonable line of thinking.

Calm Mind

B64WX_KCUAIQyMc.jpg

ggx2ac

Fine, I should have specified any month except November and December. Which was why I said before revealing NX now wouldn't affect Pokémon.

As I said in the second paragraph, the Wii and Wii U were revealed in phases. We could just get a hardware reveal like the Wii Remote or Revolution before having full details for next year which I said before.

Even the following below mentions the possibility of something being revealed for NX.

Rösti;219014861 said:
  • Discuss NX in relation to the upcoming earnings release/briefing, do not treat this thread as a repository for general NX talk
  • Refrain from posting rumors (especially those originating from Twitter)
  • Refrain from posting memes/The Simpsons strips

*read the thread*

Right....only Simpsons memes left

Fine, I should have specified any month except November and December. Which was why I said before revealing NX now wouldn't affect Pokémon.

As I said in the second paragraph, the Wii and Wii U were revealed in phases. We could just get a hardware reveal like the Wii Remote or Revolution before having full details for next year which I said before.

Even the following below mentions the possibility of something being revealed for NX.

After looking that quote up I feel like it's pretty much guaranteed we will get the NX reveal by the investors meeting. I don't know what Kimishima means by "specs", but he said he would say how NX works.

I wanted to add I miss Iwata. Kimishima doesn't seem he likes to talk to consumers. He only talks to investors. Now, I know this is pretty much the norm, but you get used to Iwata with how connected he was with fans is one of a kind.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Abe is Kimishima and Bart is someone waiting for NX news

don't tell me not to post Simpsons gifs OP you're not my real father
'You can't tell me what to do - you're not my father'? I thought gaf had an age restriction rule.

Hermii

And like something NOONE wants. I mean Ass Creed mobile and then continue the main game.....Joy.

I dont think he literally means a mobile phone version. Maybe he means a lowered settings Version, and the dock will give it a boost. Anyway, huge grain of salt.

TLZ

Banned
I don't think a thread made based on a random youtuber will resist too much, given how the last ones ended.

Well we wouldn't want to ignore Rosti's requests either.

But since there isn't a thread about this yet, I'm going to put my piece in spoilers, because I don't know where else to put this and I apologize for this post.

I wouldn't say Boogie is a random youtuber though. Been watching him for years and he isn't the type to spout nonsense and is mostly sincere. The part where he mentions the other guy he knew playing the NX for 20 minutes saying "wish we had done that" sounds obviously like someone from MS or Sony, since these guys are the only ones left in the hardware gaming business. (Just can't imagine Apple or Google because they're primarily handheld/mobile) And I'm guessing this should also tell us there definitely is a home console since that's what they're into. Add to that these "Taking a form of the game with you as you go" and "you could then detach the thing and take it with you and play the Assassin's Creed mobile game out of your pocket". Very interesting quotes. If it was handheld first and with a dock that's basically a tv out, he would've worded it differently and not said "Taking a form of the game with you as you go".

This is all obviously in the case he's sincere as usual, and don't see why he wouldn't be here. It also goes without saying that it contradicts what we've read so far.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Well we wouldn't want to ignore Rosti's requests either.

But since there isn't a thread about this yet, I'm going to put my piece in spoilers, because I don't know where else to put this and I apologize for this post.

I wouldn't say Boogie is a random youtuber though. Been watching him for years and he isn't the type to spout nonsense and is mostly sincere. The part where he mentions the other guy he knew playing the NX for 20 minutes saying "wish we had done that" sounds obviously like someone from MS or Sony, since these guys are the only ones left in the hardware gaming business. (Just can't imagine Apple or Google because they're primarily handheld/mobile) And I'm guessing this should also tell us there definitely is a home console since that's what they're into. Add to that these "Taking a form of the game with you as you go" and "you could then detach the thing and take it with you and play the Assassin's Creed mobile game out of your pocket". Very interesting quotes. If it was handheld first and with a dock that's basically a tv out, he would've worded it differently and not said "Taking a form of the game with you as you go".

This is all obviously in the case he's sincere as usual, and don't see why he wouldn't be here. It also goes without saying that it contradicts what we've read so far.

If you trust him, you can create a thread about it.

Lucifon

Nintendo UK just tweeted about a NES Classic Livestream tomorrow at 4pm...so I guess no announcement inbound for a reveal next week?

:(

Asides from the elephant in the room, I'm also looking forward to getting some updates on how the upcoming mobile titles, like FE and Animal Crossing, are coming along, and how the ones released so far, Pokemon GO and Mario Run, have done.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Nintendo UK just tweeted about a NES Classic Livestream tomorrow at 4pm...so I guess no announcement inbound for a reveal next week?

:(

Eh, unless the other accounts tweet on it as well, it could well be a Nintendo UK-only initiative. Not the first time singular Nintendo European accounts do livestreams using Twitch.

BY2K

Membero Americo

Guy whose claims to fame are thinking fat shaming is okay (and being an expert because he's overweight himself) and getting banned from GAF because he doesn't think homophobic slurs are always bad if you don't mean them.

Not to derail the thread but what? I've seen him talk against fat shaming...

Hermii

Asides from the elephant in the room, I'm also looking forward to getting some updates on how the upcoming mobile titles, like FE and Animal Crossing, are coming along, and how the ones released so far, Pokemon GO and Mario Run, have done.

Miitomo is the only Nintendo developed title released so far. Mario is coming out in December, and Pokemon wasnt developed by Nintendo.

Im expecting delays, as they said 5 titles (I think) would be out by march.

When the hell are they going to release Miitomo in Norway btw? Still not out

marmoka

Banned

maxcriden

Miitomo is the only Nintendo developed title released so far. Mario is coming out in December, and Pokemon wasnt developed by Nintendo.

Im expecting delays, as they said 5 titles (I think) would be out by march.

When the hell are they going to release Miitomo in Norway btw? Still not out

Just FYI, I believe when they announced Super Mario Run, they mentioned AC and FE are now on track for release prior to March, and indicated it would now be only four titles by March rather than the planned 5. :)

Hermii

Just FYI, I believe when they announced Super Mario Run, they mentioned AC and FE are now on track for release prior to March, and indicated it would now be only four titles by March rather than the planned 5. :)
Maybe it was four all along I am not certain it ever was 5.

Nice to hear they're on track. I just hope for a worldwide release.

Top Bottom