• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 37, 2016

PES is historically more a Playstation IP (technically it started on Super Nintendo but you know what I mean), I'm not surprised by the gap.

Also the option file is a problem. MS won't allow it.

Option files have been well known in the UK for over a decade. Would not touch XBO version with a ten foot barge pole. I'm sure the core PES buyer knows this as PES is far off the mainstream sales it used to get, only the hardcore remain.

PES looks to be slowly getting back, these sales are a little better.

Chobel

I'll be really surprised if somehow ReCore somehow managed to get legs without bundling: Shit ton of technical issues, bad reviews and more importantly being a short SP only game should make good legging almost impossible.

Shin-chan

I'll be really surprised if somehow ReCore somehow managed to get legs without bundling: Shit ton of technical issues, bad reviews and more importantly being a short SP only game should make good legging almost impossible.
Yeah, the legs aren't going to be there. Did The Order have legs after it got shit on the reviews? Nope.

It'll look like it does because the % drop will be relatively small, simply due to the small initial numbers. But it will be well under 10k second week.

Bruno MB

FIFA 2017 will debut selling 40 times more than Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 week one sales.

To put this in perspective, 10 years ago Pro Evolution Soccer 6 debuted selling 23% more than FIFA 07.

Raylan

Banned
We obviously follow different people then. The vast majority of people I have seen talking about it online and in real life have been pretty positive on the whole.
Well I don't follow people like Tim Dog, CrapGamer or people with a scorpius zodiac sign / Pro sign in their username. That's for sure. But nah, seriously, what I saw on twitter/facebook was negative. I didn't read the ReCore OT here, though.
Still, I don't think this game will have any legs with all these bad/medicore reviews. This game wouldn't even sell on PS4 imo.

Yep. Doesn't look good.

Yeah, the legs aren't going to be there. Did The Order have legs after it got shit on the reviews? Nope.
What's crazy is that The Order's sales numbers weren't bad overall. More like medicore. Can't believe it sold as many as it did.

Well I don't follow people like Tim Dog, CrapGamer or people with a scorpius zodiac sign / Pro sign in their username. That's for sure. But nah, seriously, what I saw on twitter/facebook was negative. I didn't read the ReCore OT here, though.
Still, I don't think this game will have any legs with all these bad/medicore reviews. This game wouldn't even sell on PS4 imo.

Well I certainly dont follow any of those folks on Twitter either and ive seen more positive impressions than negative but it is what it is, a budget game put out with little to no marketing behind it.

FIFA 2017 will debut selling 40 times more than Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 week one sales.

To put this in perspective, 10 years ago Pro Evolution Soccer 6 debuted selling 23% more than FIFA 07.

Still the best football game of all time.
Peak PES was just something else, but how the tide has turned.

Konami fucked up not getting themselves acquainted well with PS3/X360 hardware.

EGM1966

So in essence Sony sort of beat MS to the Slim party if it was just a limited launch. Seems a strange decision but the FIFA bundle will like last year do really well and be their main bundle over Xmas and indeed up until next September no doubt. I guess that'll be the testament to see if the XBone can recover better than it's been doing with software splits and titles as the bigger hitters arrive too. But yeah it's kinda spoiled by the release of a PS4 Slim and the Pro soon after. MS definitely doesn't have an easy ride to try and claw back any marketshare anytime soon.
MS has two issues in PAL region with XB1 S. It's immediately facing a slim PS4 and the region favours the PS4 anyway so why not buy the new and improved PS4 vs the new and improved XB1 for gaming? Sure XB1 S has better media options but that's not going to matter in PAL regions - the number of people who'll care about getting UHD BR vs regular BR will be vanishingsly small.

Then there's the Pro, releasing in November and offering much more bang for your buck that either slim version (again with exception of UHD BR but again in PAL that's not going to matter at all). The pre-orders already look strong for Pro and I've no doubt it'll see a healthy launch spike as many existing PS4 owners skip PS4 slim and upgrade to the Pro.

In short yeah, the timing of Sony/MS console revisions and releases is really going to favour Sony overal in PAL regions.

Silver lining though, I expect to see a spike for XB1 slim nonetheless as it will see a decent number of people upgrading from original XB1 I believe plus it'll obviously sell well in place of XB1 original console with decent bundles (particularly FIFA).

But overall PAL is most likely to remain "as is" favouring Sony platforms or even swing further to Sony on back of the Pro. MS are really going to have to pull stops out when Scorpio hits as that's there real chance to change things up IMHO.

gtj1092

When do we stop saying X1 has a chance to come back in the UK and start lumping it in with the rest of Europe. Yeah it's not as bad but it seems no matter how many sales, deals or bundles the Ps4 steadily increases its lead. The software splits keep steadily increasing for ps4. I remember when 60% was a shock but now it's pretty common.

When do we stop saying X1 has a chance to come back in the UK and start lumping it in with the rest of Europe. Yeah it's not as bad but it seems no matter how many sales, deals or bundles the Ps4 steadily increases its lead. The software splits keep steadily increasing for ps4. I remember when 60% was a shock but now it's pretty common.

More alarming for MS should be that ReCore charted at 5. It's not the best exclusive, but their exclusive library clearly has no traction with the popular market.

Cool.

I think it will launch around 980k in that sense.
Definitely won't drop but sales will be a bit up thanks to install base increase and more curiosity around the new single player "My Journey" mode.

Edit: yeah Ryng you make a good point with digital sales. This is a title a lot of people would rather have downloaded.

If it wasn't for all those new releases U4 could have potentially been no.1 this week. Dem legs ;P NMS hanging in there, although seems to be more because of bundles than off it's own back perhaps.

Deus EX on XBone will no doubt be out of the charts by next week or the one after. That's done really poor.

PES is still struggling to be of any relevance and unless FIFA goes dramatically down hill in quality I think it'll be very hard for PES to ever recover from it's highs sales wise.

More alarming for MS should be that ReCore charted at 5. It's not the best exclusive, but their exclusive library clearly has no traction with the popular market.

Meh, to be fair to them, I don't think they ever expected ReCore to set the world alight. If it was Gears of War 4 debuting in fifth, then I'd agree with you.

That said, I do think Gears of War 4 is going to be a tough sell...

xrnzaaas

Surprising low premiere for Batman... or maybe the gamers in PAL regions aren't blind and they see they're being offered an incomplete product?

Shin-chan

What are the historical Gears launches in the UK?

Also interested in what to expect for Horizon - what did number 2 do in 2014?

Not *too* bad for Dragon Quest - I expected it to be way lower.

No Man's Sky doing the Space Gods work in Germany and Spain.

No Batman charting on XBO. Really drives home the difference in the two console's audience.

Cheers.
Yeah, I think this gen audiences are even more lopsided, I feel so many gamers who are into single played experiences moved from 360 to PS4. So even bigger ratio of Xbox owners are more casual CoD/GTA/sports gamers. And these ratios really proof it.

Bruno MB

Code:
[Week 39, 2015] 01 (NE) FIFA 16 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 939,000 / NEW (95%)

PlayStation 4 + Xbox One - 760,590 (up 40% YoY)
PlayStation 3 + Xbox 360 - 178,410 (down 61% YoY)

Last year there was a small decline (-7%) because gen 8 version couldn't make up for gen 7 big decline, this year sales should remain flat.

Wow Rocket League #6 only overwatch above it not a new release the boxed version looks to have the legs of the digital version, really glad as have over 7 days played and that game is still amazing for me. No Mans Sky still charting too makes me happy as i loved the game. Sad that pes got beat by a rerelease but is BioShock so that is understandable, Take 2 with 3 top 10 titles is pretty good for them too.

When you stop saying it probably, as in no one in this thread is talking about comeback.

viHuGi

Banned
Uncharted in Europe is just huge, everyone in my Small town knows about the series and ask me alot how is the 4th and that they can't wait to buy a Ps4 this holiday to play it.

True system seller around here.

Uncharted in Europe is just huge, everyone in my Small town knows about the series and ask me alot how is the 4th and that they can't wait to buy a Ps4 this holiday to play it.

I'm sorry but I just imagine movie like montage from 90's where you go around town, small kids gather around you and ask you about UC4, old sheepfarmer asks about Sully's moustaches and lady in store is interested on Nate lovelife.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
8BZvc.png

ITALY WEEK 36

Console
01. F1 2016 Limited Edition (PS4, Codemasters)
02. LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack (PS4, Warner Bros.)
03. Overwatch (PS4, Blizzard)
04. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Rockstar)
05. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege (PS4, Ubisoft)
06. Assetto Corsa (PS4, 505 Games)
07. Pokémon Zaffiro Alpha (3DS, Nintendo)
08. Pokémon Rubino Omega (3DS, Nintendo)
09. Uncharted 4: Fine di un Ladro (PS4, Sony)
10. Minecraft (PS4, Sony)

Top 10 PC
01. Overwatch (Blizzard)
02. The Sims 4 (EA)
03. F1 2016 Limited Edition (Codemasters)
04. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
05. Diablo III (Blizzard)
06. Football Manager 2016 Limited Edition (SEGA)
07. World of Warcraft 5.0 (Blizzard)
08. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game of the Year Edition (CD Projekt RED)
09. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square Enix)
10. The Sims 4 Limited Edition (EA)

Raylan

Banned

True. Uncharted was always king in EU countries, like all of Naughty Dog's most recent games.

Playstation's momentum isn't stopping and it's about to get a boost from Pro/PSVR. Sony's strategy was quite simple this gen but it worked beautifully.

Kyonashi

I'm sorry but I just imagine movie like montage from 90's where you go around town, small kids gather around you and ask you about UC4, old sheepfarmer asks about Sully's moustaches and lady in store is interested on Nate lovelife.

Honestly that sounds like a PS2-era Weird Sony television ad.

Bruno MB

What are the historical Gears launches in the UK?

Code:
[Week 46, 2006] 01 (NE) GEARS OF WAR (MICROSOFT) ~ 100,000 / NEW
[Week 45, 2008] 01 (NE) GEARS OF WAR 2 (MICROSOFT) ~ 220,000 / NEW
[Week 38, 2011] 01 (NE) GEARS OF WAR 3 (MICROSOFT) - 323,000 / NEW
[Week 12, 2013] 01 (NE) GEARS OF WAR: JUDGEMENT (MICROSOFT) ~ 80,000 / NEW
[Week 35, 2015] 01 (NE) GEARS OF WAR: ULTIMATE EDITION (MICROSOFT) ~ 40,000 / NEW

Shin-chan

Code:
[Week 46, 2006] 01 (NE) GEARS OF WAR (MICROSOFT) ~ 100,000 / NEW
[Week 45, 2008] 01 (NE) GEARS OF WAR 2 (MICROSOFT) ~ 220,000 / NEW
[Week 38, 2011] 01 (NE) GEARS OF WAR 3 (MICROSOFT) - 323,000 / NEW
[Week 12, 2013] 01 (NE) GEARS OF WAR: JUDGEMENT (MICROSOFT) ~ 80,000 / NEW
[Week 35, 2015] 01 (NE) GEARS OF WAR: ULTIMATE EDITION (MICROSOFT) ~ 40,000 / NEW
Wow that's a huge drop off for judgement. Thanks for the numbers, it's going to be interesting to see if the series died with 3 or if there's enough interest for a new mainline title.

By the way, do you have this data stored personally or is there a database I can see for myself with the information in (just so I don't need to keep asking every week for historical data :p)?

Bruno MB

Wow that's a huge drop off for judgement. Thanks for the numbers, it's going to be interesting to see if the series died with 3 or if there's enough interest for a new mainline title.

By the way, do you have this data stored personally or is there a database I can see for myself with the information in (just so I don't need to keep asking every week for historical data :p)?

There isn't a database :p

The closest there is to a UK sales database is BKK's Worldwide Video Game Markets blog, he made a really great job collecting all kind of sales data up to 2011.

http://wwvgsales.blogspot.com.es/

No discussion on ReCore flopping at retails. That's clear. Really curious about the "Play Anywhere" effect on its digital sales tho. If any.

What do you think?

MacTag

Banned
PES is historically more a Playstation IP (technically it started on Super Nintendo but you know what I mean), I'm not surprised by the gap.
Technically ISS started on SNES, PES started on PS1. It's confusing because PES started releasing in the west using the ISS brand but they're really two different series from different Konami divisions.

Top Bottom