• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 launching in EU and NA simultaneously on February 14, 2017

Tiberius

It'd be a new low for Sony to enforce that for localizations of pre-2017 games.

If Sony requires a Neo mode in all titles at all actually, I'd officially say Arrogant Sony is back.

0546_kbst4.gif

On Valentine's Day?

Thank god I don't have a girlfriend, which means I can enjoy this all by myself and not worry about any other commitments.

I'm hoping in reality that means around £40 - £45 at retail for PS4 and £30 for PS3.
You might be being a bit optimistic here. Retailers usually only get to offer low prices like that when they order in bulk. The PS3 one is likely to be quite limited orders. One poster already suggested the price was higher on PS3 in Spain. I can see it being a situation like Twilight Princess- GameCube one is a short run and then becomes a collector's item.

edit. Never mind Shopt' have it for £34

That'd be way worse than SCEA's bullshit "X% New Content" policy for remasters that they themselves didn't obey that costed us Breath of Fire 3 PSP in the US, alongside the anti-2D policies that murdered Working Designs.

Especially moreso when Sony is funding the localization of a pre-2017 game that most certainly isn't going to get a Neo mode.

If Sony requires a Neo mode in all titles at all actually, I'd officially say Arrogant Sony is back.

What game are Sony funding the localization of?

And...arrogant Sony? Not at all, not even close. It's not like developers/manufacturers wouldn't have been kept in the know for the last few months about Neo policy and plans and Atlus could just do a rendering res bump since it seems the PS4 version is already 1080p/60fps?

Still not up on the two main Australian retailers. smh

On Valentine's Day?

Thank god I don't have a girlfriend, which means I can enjoy this all by myself and not worry about any other commitments.

If I find one before now and V day I'll have to let her know one condition is I spend the day with P5 and not her ;D

I'm only half joking.

D.Va

Neo Member
Oh, wow. Nice. Sad there won't be a Japanese language option, but definitely getting the game! Not really sold on the collector's edition.

TimmiT

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case and deep silver just publishes/distributes atlus usa games. The latter are not exactly caring about other regions.

Well, they are called Atlus USA.

Though considering that Sega America/Atlus USA were the ones to get Deep Silver to publish their games in Europe, I'd say they care. Especially seeing how they could have just let Sega Europe continue to not bother to publish console/handheld games.

Zhao_Yun

Well, they are called Atlus USA.

Ironically NIS America has been doing good work in Europe despite their name.

Though considering that Sega America/Atlus USA were the ones to get Deep Silver to publish their games in Europe, I'd say they care. Especially seeing how they could have just let Sega Europe continue to not bother to publish console/handheld games

I am thankful that the deal with Deep Silver might finally put an end to the bad treatment that Europe has gotten over the years, but we shouldn't forget that it took them years to get to this point while other smaller companies managed to find good arrangements in a shorter amount of time. I don't doubt that Europe has always been on their minds in some respect, but if they really cared, they wouldn't have taken this long. The fact that people in this thread are praising them for something that should be considered normal by today's standards says it all.

That'd be way worse than SCEA's bullshit "X% New Content" policy for remasters that they themselves didn't obey that costed us Breath of Fire 3 PSP in the US, alongside the anti-2D policies that murdered Working Designs.

Especially moreso when Sony is funding the localization of a pre-2017 game that most certainly isn't going to get a Neo mode.

Lmao!

It's entirely possible they never bothered making contracts for international releases and can't be bothered creating new contracts and having to repay all the voice actors. But in all fairness, Atlus does deliver great localisations (as long as Nintendo's not in the picture), so I'm not sure why he's being difficult about it.

I can see where the dude's coming from. I actually don't mind localisations at all if they're competent, but the Persona franchise is just so damn Japanese. I mean it's based in Japan and they have Japanese names and eat Japanese food and do Japanese things. It's pretty much the quintessential Japanese gaming experience (along with the Yakuza games) and playing them with English voices just comes off as SUPER jarring to me. With more fantasy based stuff like the FF series I don't really care much though. In any case, I hope they do decide to offer it via DLC. I'll buy it at whatever ripoff price they set it at.

wut

Waiting on rice digital and Amazon uk to update but it's disappointing for non English speakers if I'm hearing right that the eu version is only catering for English speakers. Hopefully but unlikely that they have a witcher solution where you can download other languages.

Pouh

But I want to order it from Amazon.fr :(

How is auchan? I've never tried it before. Do they charge after confirmation or after shipping?
They said on their FAQ : "Pour les paiements par carte bancaire, le montant de la commande est débité de votre compte bancaire avant la préparation de celle-ci."
I'm guessing right before shipping.

Still waiting for bol. com to make it available for pre-order.
Got a message back that they will do that this week so I guess I just have to wait.

crimilde

Banned
Awesome news, I pre-ordered the LE on Amazon UK. For 2 copies (getting it for me and a friend), it's 30 Euro cheaper than importing it from the US.

Shin-chan

Whelp, put in a pre order of the LE even though I'll be living abroad when this releases. Maybe I'll pick up the Japanese LE then just buy the standard version in English when it's available.

Awesome news, I pre-ordered the LE on Amazon UK. For 2 copies (getting it for me and a friend), it's 30 Euro cheaper than importing it from the US.

How? It's only slightly cheaper at amazon.uk for me. Without shipping it costs 80 euros at amazon.com whereas at uk it costs almost 93 euros.
Even the more expensive shipping barely offsets the difference.

kromeo

How? It's only slightly cheaper at amazon.uk for me. Without shipping it costs 80 euros at amazon.com whereas at uk it costs almost 93 euros.

VAT I would guess, the UK price is already including tax

crimilde

Banned

VAT I would guess, the UK price is already including tax

Import fees deposit.

This is the price for 2 copies:

Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal: $179.92
Shipping & Handling: $16.97
Total before tax: $196.89
Estimated tax to be collected: $0.00
Import Fees Deposit $48.47
Grand Total: $245.36

So approx 220 Euro vs 190 Euro on Amazon UK.

Top Bottom