• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 launching in EU and NA simultaneously on February 14, 2017

zakujanai

Seems like good timing for a kiseki fan, should help ease the wait for 3rd. Didn't expect to get it the same day as US, thanks deep silver.

wbEMX

I am surprised at least for SP games that everyone just doesn't go for US PSN or Live... Especially when US $ was cheaper compared to euro.

You don't believe how many crazy good deals I have made with my US PSN account, especially when there are sales involved. It almost always beats the EU price.

Ploid 3.0

I remember this game was supposed to be out in December 2015. I'm surprised it's still showing up on PS3, and I wonder if it'll eventually have a PSV version. So maybe this time it'll be at PSX in some form.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Persona is still niche as fuck. It'll be easy to avoid spoilers.

If your a fan of Persona, the places your going to go on the internet are going to make it hardto avoid spoilers. THat's just a fact of life. Also, not really sure how being niche actually fits into it. Its one of the most anticipated JRPG's coming around.

Kinsei

Banned
If your a fan of Persona, the places your going to go on the internet are going to make it hardto avoid spoilers. THat's just a fact of life. Also, not really sure how being niche actually fits into it. Its one of the most anticipated JRPG's coming around.

It being niche means you actively have to seek that stuff out. Of course you'll get spoiled if you go on to fan sites, so don;t go on to fan sites. This isn't something you'll get spoiled just from going onto Twitter or Youtube.

With shipping costs Shop2 is actually more expensive for me than Amazon.com (Portugal). 20 fucking pounds for shipping. And I wouldn't be surprised if amazon's actually got here first.

70 Euros regular price? O.O

Normal retail price in many european countries including Portugal. The reason most people don't buy here and why dedicated videogame retailers like Gamestop and Game had to bail.

Mediking

It being niche means you actively have to seek that stuff out. Of course you'll get spoiled if you go on to fan sites, so don;t go on to fan sites. This isn't something you'll get spoiled just from going onto Twitter or Youtube.

Are you serious? Youtube's main page has spoiled plenty of games from big to niche. YouTube is spoiler hell. So is NeoGaf at times.

I'd imagine the JP release may bring about a spoiler thread on GAF?

You know it could have SPOILERS SPOILERS PERSONA 5 SPOILERS SPOILERS and people would still click accidentally.

g.r.e.

Not if you follow Japanese people. :(

Enjolras

Neo Member
Got my collectors edition preordered at Zavvi - wouldn't be my first choice, but they had it up first and I had to get an order in before I went out this afternoon.

Oh, it's going to be a good February.

aravuus

Oh fuck yeah. Just hope I'll actually have time to play the game in February (or March or April or May for that matter...)

moozoom

My boyfriend asks if there will be dual audio English / Japanese or just English... Has it been announced or talked about yet ?

Sounds reasonable. I'm sure localizing this must be a nightmare lol

My boyfriend asks if there will be dual audio English / Japanese or just English... Has it been announced or talked about yet ?

Just English unfortunately. They probably have to make major changes to the game to translate so it makes sense switching may not be possible.

artsi

It'd be incredible if P5 has a Neo mode.

Aren't all games 2017 forward supposed to have one?

Yeah, but it's a different thing if it will do anything better. It already seems to run 1080p / 60fps on PS4, and I doubt the Japanese branch (that actually develops it) will do any additional work on a 6 month old game when it releases in US / EU.

Well done Deep Silver. Congrats to the EU. Hopefully we can work together and buy enough copies that we justify a simultaneous release of Persona 6.

Well done Deep Silver. Congrats to the EU. Hopefully we can work together and buy enough copies that we justify a simultaneous release of Persona 6.

Don't even what to imagine how long it will be for persona 6 with the number of persona 5 spinoff we are surely going to receive.

Eolz

Preordered at shopto, but hopefully the collector will be on other websites soon enough as well.

moozoom

Sounds reasonable. I'm sure localizing this must be a nightmare lol

Just English unfortunately. They probably have to make major changes to the game to translate so it makes sense switching may not be possible.

No dual audio at launch, a big MAYBE for a standalone DLC but dont count on it.

Thanks for the answers! Boyfriend is pissed and says he won't play it with English voices...but I don't really mind. Besides, I don't speak or read Japanese so its not like I have a choice. There is still time to announce an eventual dlc with the original dub.

Its weird how some little games happen to get dual audio, and the big ones don't. That can't be only a money issue, then - but rather a choice I guess.

-shadow-

Its weird how some little games happen to get dual audio, and the big ones don't. That can't be only a money issue, then - but rather a choice I guess.
It's entirely possible they never bothered making contracts for international releases and can't be bothered creating new contracts and having to repay all the voice actors. But in all fairness, Atlus does deliver great localisations (as long as Nintendo's not in the picture), so I'm not sure why he's being difficult about it.

It'd be incredible if P5 has a Neo mode.

Aren't all games 2017 forward supposed to have one?

It'd be a new low for Sony to enforce that for localizations of pre-2017 games.

That'd be way worse than SCEA's bullshit "X% New Content" policy for remasters that they themselves didn't obey that costed us Breath of Fire 3 PSP in the US, alongside the anti-2D policies that murdered Working Designs.

Especially moreso when Sony is funding the localization of a pre-2017 game that most certainly isn't going to get a Neo mode.

If Sony requires a Neo mode in all titles at all actually, I'd officially say Arrogant Sony is back.

bigjig

Thanks for the answers! Boyfriend is pissed and says he won't play it with English voices...but I don't really mind. Besides, I don't speak or read Japanese so its not like I have a choice. There is still time to announce an eventual dlc with the original dub.

I'd imagine it's licensing issues. I'd imagine it's much less of a headache to license the Japanese voice actors if they are only going to appear in the Japanese version of the game.

Some people argue it's to prevent Japanese gamers from importing a copy for a cheaper price, but I don't really buy that seeing as the Japanese release date is so far ahead of everyone else, and after shipping any money you're likely to save is bound to be minuscule.

Top Bottom