• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5's requirement players must agree to before playing is absolute nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

indask8

Reminds me of Rambo on Nes, can't play until you say yes.

More recently there was the Bioshock infinite baptism controversy.

Aalvi

Honestly, you probably shouldn't play the game.

If that upsets you then everything else probably will. There's a lot of talk about the cat, the localization, side content,etc.

Things worth discussion with varying opinions.

I mean, if the game gets you here then I don't know what else to say. It's an anime-esqe game with a lot of "style" and interesting humor.

Something is going to set you off.

jeemer

This is outrageous! I can't believe they didn't make you aware of this upon purchasing the game. I hope everything works out ok for you, in these most difficult of times.

Apparently some of the storylines/subplots in P5 closely mirror recent events in Japan. The disclaimer would then be there to make it clear that P5 is a work of fiction to avoid possible litigation or whatever. It's silly, but I can get why they have it; it's not really different from how some ripped-from-the-headlines TV shows have such disclaimers at the beginning of an episode.

If y'all want some specifics, someone had a link about the similarities in the OT. Unfortunately, I never checked it out 'cause I haven't finished the game.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
This woman wants me to be her human guenia pig for unlicensed medicine of dubious origin. I didn't agree to this!

Nibel

Y'all laughing now but in 25 years you'll realize that you actually agreed to ATLUS owning your souls by agreeing with the contract just to play the best JRPG in ages

OP won

TNukXrP.gif

Its been a while since I've seen a thread as obscure as the GOW3 "game-breaking glitch" one.

But in all seriousness, please be a joke thread.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
I agree with the OP. Forcing me to agree to something is absurd. There should've been a clear warning on the cover art about this BS. See you in court, Atlus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom