• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5's requirement players must agree to before playing is absolute nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.
PimSBN1.gif

Joey Ravn

Banned
I once started reading a book whose first line was "It was a cold, rainy evening". I looked out the window and it was a sunny summer morning. The book was clearly lying.

Thanks for the heads up, OP. I won't be caught in this B U L L S H I T ever again.

/s

MavFan619

Banned
I disagreed, got kicked back to the main menu chose to agree as I should have, and moved on with my new anime life. You should too it's fun.

I boot Persona 5 up and immediately upon starting a new game, it informs you the game is a work of fiction; that any resemblance to real life is purely coincidental. That's fine, I guess. It's nothing I haven't seen before. But then -- then -- it asks you to actually agree to the above garbage. It says "Only those who have agreed to the above have the privilege of partaking in this game." Of course I hit I do not agree.

I think the question is why do you not agree that a videogame about teenagers battling demons in a Japanese high school is a work of fiction?

To all the people asking if this thread is real...

It is purely a work of fiction. Any resemblance to a joke thread, past or present, is purely coincidental. I cannot allow you to partake in this thread until you agree.

>Yes
>No

ggx2ac

What? That is absolute nonsense. Why didn't the box have this disclaimer and requirement on it when I purchased it? Why wasn't there some sort of warning I had to agree to this unheard of requirement before I could play the game?

I just bought the game earlier. I was wondering why the retailer asked me to give a verbal agreement that the game I was buying is a work of fiction.

What?

Tratorn

WTF <= My reaction while reading the OP...

It's a joke. There are a lot of jokes and references in this game and the devs thought about starting with one. That's it. Nothing more.

convo

This makes more sense for japanese players since some characters do appear to be ripped right from the japanese news headlines. So blatant in fact that names can be called out.
Otherwise i don't see how this is more offensive to people than the usual warning, the only difference is that it's voiced and an option must be selected to continue. Then there is 120 hours of other things to do so why waste thy breath with it?

aravuus

At first I totally thought this was a joke thread, but then again, some people have been pretty damn hyperbolic with their nitpicks when it comes to P5. Don't know what to believe any more.

Dali

This makes me want to create a game that makes you accept Satan as your dark Lord and saviour before proceeding. The game will have nothing to do with Satan and I won't give any advance notice that you need to agree.

Kyonashi

My uncle who works at ATLUS told me that if you agree that the game is a work of fiction but then put your real name as the protagonist's name, Jack Frost comes out of your PS4 and kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom