• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES series - "The Return of the King"

HarryKS

Im reluctant to get excited about Pro Evo praise.

Doesn't this happen every year?

I was thinking the same thing this time. Every year like a Swiss clock, then bam, this demo comes out and the game is both fun and feels like real football.

I went from the demo to Fifa 15, and while it has its own merits, it feels very scripted right now in the sense that the schools you score feel predetermined. There's nary a chance of scoring from certain positions. A bit like the Fifa of old.

It truly is a spectacular effort this year from Konami. It feels and plays like the better football game.

The canonball shots are strange though.

alterno69

Banned
My original plan was to get Fifa and Pes this time but i've decided to skip Fifa. Am i the only one who likes the graphics in PES over Fifa? Looks a lot more realistic to me.

Can't wait for november but i guess Horizon and Driveclub will keep my mind off football games till then.

Liamario

Banned
My original plan was to get Fifa and Pes this time but i've decided to skip Fifa. Am i the only one who likes the graphics in PES over Fifa? Looks a lot more realistic to me.

Can't wait for november but i guess Horizon and Driveclub will keep my mind off football games till then.

They are better, but people like to convince themselves of things because they fear change.

I think PES looks much better. Better lighting (a bit overdone, but at least not as flat as in fifa), way better models (why do ea always have such terrible proportions in their games?), the animations are clearly better in pes too.

Vossler

Finally, good impressions all around....question is, to get it on PS4 or PC. I've read the PC is kinda neutered compared to the PS4 version - but PC has been the way I've been playing the last 6 years or so....is there any truth to the gimping of the PC version?

Pachimari

Finally, good impressions all around....question is, to get it on PS4 or PC. I've read the PC is kinda neutered compared to the PS4 version - but PC has been the way I've been playing the last 6 years or so....is there any truth to the gimping of the PC version?
PC version is a hybrid version yes.

Goteki_45

Been playing the demo a lot recently, gameplay is much more fluid and smoother than I thought it would be. If they add OF's in the game and the PS4 updates it's firmware which will allow OF's to function...I can say for sure The King has returned.

inky

Im reluctant to get excited about Pro Evo praise.

Doesn't this happen every year?

Every. Single. Year. And yet things like the constant character skating get swept under the rug, or go in the "yes, but" category.

PC version being last gen and not even a demo first means I'm skipping it again. When they commit to the platform, then we can talk.

Been playing the demo a lot recently, gameplay is much more fluid and smoother than I thought it would be. If they add OF's in the game and the PS4 updates it's firmware which will allow OF's to function...I can say for sure The King has returned.

Option Files won't work on PS4?

NHale

To me PES looks a lot better than FIFA from the standard gameplay cameras. The lighting and player models make all the difference to me.

Option Files won't work on PS4?

You can't copy your own custom files to the PS4, right?

To me PES looks a lot better than FIFA from the standard gameplay cameras. The lighting and player models make all the difference to me.

You can't copy your own custom files to the PS4, right?

Sorry, that's what I meant - not a deal breaker, but would prefer to play as Spurs in their actual kit.

Portugeezer

Yeah PES graphics are better, FIFA looks a bit cartoony in comparison.

That said, having tried both demos I prefer FIFA this year, if it was compared to FIFA 14 then I'd go with PES 2015 but I like the fluidity of FIFA 15 this year.

Kiant

Funny how the faces look vastly better on PES compared to Fifa, the animations are a mixed bag, some look great whilst others look a bit stiff, also I feel that the scoring is a bit too easy.

Curufinwe

You will be able to on XB1, but not on PS4 ATM.

That might be enough to make me buy an Xbone. If it ran as well as the PS4 version.

I actually bought WE8I and WE9 for the Xbox because the frame rate was better. I also had to buy a Dreambox converter to let me use a PS1 pad as the lack of shoulder buttons on the Xbox pad made it awful for playing PES.

That might be enough to make me buy an Xbone. If it ran as well as the PS4 version.

I actually bought WE8I and WE9 for the Xbox because the frame rate was better. I also had to buy a Dreambox converter to let me use a PS1 pad as the lack of shoulder buttons on the Xbox pad made it awful for playing PES.

The framerate is near perfect 60 fps on Xbox One, but the resolution is definitely not 1080p.

Since I've never really played PES or FIFA games, but would like to play PES (because fuck you EA), what exactly are the biggest difference between the two games outside of teams being available on some and not on others?

feel

How I know PES is back? Because having absolutely no posession while holding on to a 1-0 (or even 0-0) all match as the underdog is super intense and FUN again.

Stegen -> PES
Dani Alves -> Fifa
Pique-> Fifa
Mascherano -> PES
Alba ->PES
Busquets ->Fifa
Xavi-> Fifa
Iniesta->Pes
Suarez->Pes
Neymar->Pes
Messi->Pes

Aside from Neymar and Suarez, FIFA has them all better if you compare it to real photos.

Those videos should really include the real photo as well.

How I know PES is back? Because having absolutely no posession while holding on to a 1-0 (or even 0-0) all match as the underdog is super intense and FUN again.

The most important: FUN. I missed the time I had fun with a football game. FIFA was good, but I never had fun with it.
Played the demo of PES2015, finally I enjoy playing a football game again.

Sou

Since I've never really played PES or FIFA games, but would like to play PES (because fuck you EA), what exactly are the biggest difference between the two games outside of teams being available on some and not on others?

I don't know if this is true for others, but the way the ball behaves is night and day compared to the new Fifa.

With PES2015, it really feels as if the ball is something the player has to keep control over as opposed to how the ball just seem to stick to a player's feet in Fifa. The ball also oftentimes feel like a homing missiles in my experience with Fifa, and I did not feel that with this demo.

They need to adjust the speed of the shots a bit though as they are a tad too fast overall at the moment.

NoTacos

Aside from Neymar and Suarez, FIFA has them all better if you compare it to real photos.

Those videos should really include the real photo as well.
No. Just no. FIFA has been using the same claymation models since 13 and they're bland. No skin textures whatsoever, everyone just looks like they walked out of an avon commercial with perfect skin.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I don't know if this is true for others, but the way the ball behaves is night and day compared to the new Fifa.

With PES2015, it really feels as if the ball is something the player has to keep control over as opposed to how the ball just seem to stick to a player's feet in Fifa. The ball also oftentimes feel like a homing missiles in my experience with Fifa, and I did not feel that with this demo.

They need to adjust the speed of the shots a bit though as they are a tad too fast overall at the moment.

Was actually about to post something similar. I finally got around to playing the demo and, after a nightmare year of having to play Fifa, this is what stood out the most. Fifa felt like I was playing Sensible Soccer as Ryan Giggs in the early 90's where the ball is glued to your feet. The passing, player movement and the flow of the game feel a lot better than Fifa. Players felt more realistic too, and the fact that I am not just able to skip past everyone as Ronaldo or Bale was a plus too. I think you can adjust the charge speed of your shots in the menu btw.

This is the real deal, I'll be there day 1.

gonna download the demo. are the controls the same as fifa to an extent?

There's a preset that will change the change the shoot/cross buttons to Fifa style. Aside from that I had to change the dash button onto the trigger on PS4, right now it's mapped to R1 (the only thing I actually prefered on Fifa)

Sweep14

You will be able to on XB1, but not on PS4 ATM.

Let's wait for a Firmware update on PS4.

I'm ready to bet that PES 2015 release date (november the 13th) wasn't a "random" choice
and something might be cooking at Sony for file management on PS4

NoTacos

I'm ready to bet that PES 2015 release date (november the 13th) wasn't a "random" choice
Idek. The sony employee on reddit said that mp3 and video support was coming soon (around holiday season) but I'm not sure that warrants the inclusion of OF capabilities. Plus pes already said they weren't going to work

LAM09

I hope so. I have a feeling the new update will possibly come out the same week as the EU launch of the PlayStation TV (14th Nov).

Dibbs

The demo fucking rocks. Love this game and its def day one for me! You can actually dive in it too, awesome.

Top Bottom