• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES series - "The Return of the King"

sheaaaa

My friends, this demo is drawing me back into PES/Winning Eleven after years away. My last real PES/WE game was PES6, the king of kings.

I've seen some posts about how L1 + R1 when receiving the ball lets the ball run through, instead of just holding R1 like it used to be. Also, is aiming shots any different if I use standard shooting controls?

Tell me more stuff that's been added in the years I've been away that I need to know, any tricks or moves that would help.

NoTacos

as much as I remember, superstar is hardest... it is pretty hard IMHO in 2015. Previously PES used to cheat in order to beat you at highest levels, does not seem to happen now - it seems that level just increases the AI smarts and does not affect player stats (unlike before).

In my news feed there was an article saying the Winning 11 version was harder than the PES version despite being in the same difficulty and having the same settings. Has anyone felt this before?

Vol5

I've been hammering the demo something rotten. This is likely to be my most played demo ever. Absolutely love it

Tomallica

Neo Member
I downloaded both fifa and pes demos last week and ive been hooked on pes.

I havent touched it since 2008 because of how bad it became, so i switched back to fifa after 10 years of being a hardcore pes fan.

I bought fifa yesterday because ultimate team grabbed me in again, took it round to my friends we switched it off after 3 games and put the pes demo on.

Fifa is now on ebay

Long live the king!

I like the demo more the more I play.I have bought FIFA but I will also grab this if reviews are good for the final version.It has a sense of perfect weight and momentum for the players.And the tempo is perfect.I love dribbling with players like Neymar only with little left stick movements and the shooting has that satisfying feel.Player ID is also so good...
It has that something of that 90s football arcades magic, but being more simulator.I like even the old style menus, so retro, that strengthen that old school feel.

goonergaz

Option File, a downloadable file containing all sorts of edits to the teams/players/names/formations etc to better reflect real life, and get around Konami's license issues

I assumed as much, but why do we think PS4 is the only issue, usually Sony are ok with this stuff and MS restrictive?

Can you turn off those rubbish little cinematic events, like players getting booked or celebrating goals or stuff? Played the demo on PS4 and it was quite fun but those events pull me out of the game every time, the animation is horrific, the faces shouldn't be seen that close up, they're just a bit crap really and I can't see myself buying a game on PS4 which looks so bad so often because what would be the point when there's a cheaper version?

That's not what it says. It won't have a pixel editor and no image upload, but the regular player edit stuff and the stadium edit will be in.

Also, 720p on Xbox One? Really Konami? No wonder it looks so blurry.

Fox engine, I'd mentally prepare yourself now for Phantom Pain and Silenthills. Can't imagine PES is pushing it as much as those two games will.

Meneses

Liking the demo a lot, but is there any way to adjust the game's speed? I think everything is a bit too fast.

I don't remember if the full game had that option.

LAM09

Liking the demo a lot, but is there any way to adjust the game's speed? I think everything is a bit too fast.

I don't remember if the full game had that option.

I don't think you can in the demo, but there are options to adjust the speed in the full game.

Fox engine, I'd mentally prepare yourself now for Phantom Pain and Silenthills. Can't imagine PES is pushing it as much as those two games will.

I wonder if they know that there are viable resolutions between 720p and 1080p...

I would get this on PC instead if it wasn't for the fact that it's supposedly not a proper current gen version. Oh well, at least the framerate is great on the Xbox One version. Perhaps I'll own a PS4 when PES2016 is out.

K' Dash

I hate to ask but... I can't find PES 2015 demo anywhere, did they remove it? some sites got the direct link for the web store but it says Page Not Found.

Lettuce

Just found this. http://www.konami.jp/we/2015/

6db28c29.png

The XB1 has the same res as the PS3!!!!!!?.......FUCK OFF Konami!!!

That has to be some of the laziest programing ever!!! Konami you should be ashamed of yourselfs!!!

Whats the 360 res i wounder........480p??

jts

...hate me...

That has to be some of the laziest programing ever!!! Konami you should be ashamed of yourselfs!!!

Probably 720p as well.

Know about many 1080p60 games on the Xbone m8?

It's weird, naturally the PS4 stronger, but shouldn't they be pushing for at least 900p? Like third party most games. 720 is pretty terrible.

alterno69

Banned
I caved in and bought Fifa yesterday. Playing against humans is terrible, the pace of the game is just wrong, too fast. This game can't come soon enough. Good thing Fifa has great resale value cause as soon as Pes launches i'm selling that crap.

atr0cious

The PES2015 demo really is fantastic. I haven't really played any soccer games until recently when I got a roommate who literally only has FIFA games for his PS3. We tried PES2014 through PSPlus together, and while he picked it up quicker than I, we both recognized it's faults. So we stopped playing it.

In the mean time, I picked up FIFA13 for the WiiU which apparently is just a FIFA12 legacy edition. I did a little research and tried to find the better slider settings and put everything to manual. Been playing it on the hardest difficulty for hours on end, and mybe scored twice against the AI. The AI was visibly using my inputs against me, and it got a little a painful entering the box to be swarmed with any move being met with proper precision. Even playing teams rated severely underrated to my own team would result in getting outrun and out shot and passed.

So I installed PES2015 yesterday, and got to the box, legitimately outmaneuvered the AI and scored on my first try. Officially shelved FIFA. Fucking brilliant feeling game, and now I have to wait and see if the PS4 version is going ever get edited files or I might just go PC for this.

Yeah how about FIFA 15 and a fair few others aswell and all of them are way more demanding that this game, m8

How is FIFA more demanding?

I'm not saying that a better developer than Konami couldn't get this game to look and run better but its pretty obvious from the runs that players make and the way the AI thinks a bit more rather than just countering your button presses plus all those individual player ID animations all running at once that maybe just maybe some of processing power is going on these things over getting it to run at 1080p.

Ason

FIFA isn't 60FPS. I don't even know if PES is to be honest, I know it feels smoother though, but his question was 1080p60.

Yes it is, it's 1080p/60fps on both PS4 and Xbox One.

"Performance in FIFA 15 follows last year's pattern. It's 60fps when played with the default viewpoint,
but capped at 30fps for the pro camera mode, set-pieces and replays. The Xbox One and PS4 run at perfect rates regardless"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-fifa-15-face-off

Hasney

Fifa is 60fps during gameplay brah. Its only 30 fps in cutscenes.

Yes it is, it's 1080p/60fps on both PS4 and Xbox One.

"Performance in FIFA 15 follows last year's pattern. It's 60fps when played with the default viewpoint,
but capped at 30fps for the pro camera mode, set-pieces and replays. The Xbox One and PS4 run at perfect rates regardless"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-fifa-15-face-off

Fair enough, it really doesn't seem it when you play PES straight after. Playing at a stupidly zoomed out camera in FIFA probably isn't helping...

I know you're jesting but the Fox Engine seems terrible if they can't get this and GZ at anything higher than 720p given how sterile they both look.

I don't know how Ground Zeroes is on XB1, but I think they took a "nothing affects this framerate" approach if it's as buttery smooth as the PS4 version. Either that, or all the resource just went on making the PS4 version look great and then they said just get it working on XB1. It is Kojima, so I wouldn't be shocked.

Now that demo is out NA.

I will ask this again

I downloaded both the xbox one version and PS4 version.

Xbox One looks a bit blurry compared to PS4 version, Most noticeable when the goalkeeper hits the ball. the ball and everything looks slightly blurry.

i tried this a few times and it is very obvious.

Has anyone else noticed the difference or is it just me?

Thanks in advance.

PES 2015 is really amazing

Hasney

Several people have mentioned that in the XB1 version. It appears to be running at 720p, which probably doesn't help. Wonder if it's lacking anything else.

spwolf

Now that demo is out NA.

I will ask this again

I downloaded both the xbox one version and PS4 version.

Xbox One looks a bit blurry compared to PS4 version, Most noticeable when the goalkeeper hits the ball. the ball and everything looks slightly blurry.

i tried this a few times and it is very obvious.

Has anyone else noticed the difference or is it just me?

Thanks in advance.

PES 2015 is really amazing

720p vs 1080p

mejin

I think Konami will skip 360 in Japan that's why is not on the list.

Anyway, Ground Zeroes was 720p too, no?! Wonder how will it go with Phantom Pain.

Top Bottom