• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES series - "The Return of the King"

Jubern

After Fifa announcing they will have all 20 premier league stadiums, It's getting even harder to pick PES over it and i disdain the gameplay of Fifa, But with gameface, stadiums, all leagues etc it really will be hard to pick PES2015 over it.

I love PES, Way back from ISS days, But 2014 was abysmal, Lagfest online as usuall and this time offline, No depth too its modes.

But i do love the player cam controlling just 1 player so i'll try the demo and see.

I'm in the same boat. I really liked PES 2014 last year, thought it was a great improvement over 2013 and I'm really looking forward to 2015. But I for FIFA 14 PS4 for dirt cheap a couple of month ago (it was about 10 bucks on Japanese PSN) and was blown away by the content and everything it offers in terms of game modes and presentation. I like the PES gameplay A LOT more, but it's just not enough anymore... To me, at least.

I'll try the demo, but as it stands and with the release set in November, I might just get FIFA 15 at release and maaaaaaybe buy PES 2015 if it goes cheap later on...

Well i remember PES absolutely dominating FIFA back in the day in terms of gameplay, I don't know about sales though.

But since FIFA 12, FIFA is THE football game to play now IMO, especially on the next-gen systems.

Can't see myself going back to PES now as it's kinda gone off the rails, it's a shame. I will probably keep an open mind and try the new upcoming PES though.

Nhutty

Every year I get burnt by PES,

I will sit back and wait and hope that they have indeed been working their butts off on this game. They've had 2 years now (skipped last year) to work on PS4/XBONE versions so hopefully its GOOD!

LAM09

BvVCy_9IIAEAe3A.jpg

This is from the PC version, which is similar to the PS3 version of the game.

SpaceHorror

Any idea yet if we'll be able to apply the fan made patches for kits/leagues/team names/etc on the PS4? I enjoyed PES 2013 on PS3 using one of the patches.

14 is garbage, though.

PaulLFC

BvVCy_9IIAEAe3A.jpg

This is from the PC version, which is similar to the PS3 version of the game.
The graphics don't concern me on PC. Modders will fix those, they've done stunning work on past games.

It's the gameplay, AI etc that concerns me, it needs to be identical to PS4 and not downgraded.

LAM09

The graphics don't concern me on PC. Modders will fix those, they've done stunning work on past games.

It's the gameplay, AI etc that concerns me, it needs to be identical to PS4 and not downgraded.

Let's hope it is for PC gamers sake. I doubt you will know till release, though.

LAM09

Any idea yet if we'll be able to apply the fan made patches for kits/leagues/team names/etc on the PS4? I enjoyed PES 2013 on PS3 using one of the patches.

14 is garbage, though.

No news yet, but I am sure there will be a way to add option files come release.

PaulLFC

Let's hope it is for PC gamers sake. I doubt you will know till release, though.
Probably not, sadly. I'm going to compare both demos and if there are massive differences I'll be getting it on PS4, if no / little difference, I'll keep the PC version I have preordered at £16.99 (from GAME of all places!)

gelf

If the gameplay is right I won't care about other issues. Thats all I need to know. Unlicensed stuff is always fixed by the modders anyway.

jonnyp

I'm in the same boat. I really liked PES 2014 last year, thought it was a great improvement over 2013 and I'm really looking forward to 2015. But I for FIFA 14 PS4 for dirt cheap a couple of month ago (it was about 10 bucks on Japanese PSN) and was blown away by the content and everything it offers in terms of game modes and presentation. I like the PES gameplay A LOT more, but it's just not enough anymore... To me, at least.

I'll try the demo, but as it stands and with the release set in November, I might just get FIFA 15 at release and maaaaaaybe buy PES 2015 if it goes cheap later on...

How anyone can choose licenses over gameplay is beyond me. Shame that EA's shitty licensing tactics are being rewarded.

I just load an option file and I have correct team and player names every year in PES.

stoic-lemon

Neo Member
What are the differences brought about by the FIFA license?

The last footie games I played to any real extent were ISS 64 and Winning Eleven 6, so I'm looking forward to picking up the new game in November.

LAM09

How anyone can choose licenses over gameplay is beyond me. Shame that EA's shitty licensing tactics are being rewarded.

I just load an option file and I have correct team and player names every year in PES.

Me as well. Gameplay above all else!

Datschge

What are the differences brought about by the FIFA license?
It's not the FIFA license (which alone is pretty meaningless). EA is trying to license everything exclusively in any way possible. As an example EA has exclusivity for the German Bundesliga since years. After being legally forced to remove its fake German league Konami managed to still license two teams (Bayern and someone else) every year and was on track to get a third a couple years ago. At that point EA started offering in stadium FIFA gaming event areas to all Bundesliga teams for them to not give Konami a license anymore. Since then Bayern is the only German team left.

Will give the demo a bash and then judge it. Am expecting the new Fifa to trounce it in all departments in all honesty. It would be nice for Konami to make a comeback, but they are just too far behind EA Sports now and never really recovered after the shocking PS3 original!

PaulLFC

PES should just die and give its licenses to FIFA..
Yes, because that would work out brilliantly, wouldn't it?

Remove the last competition to FIFA and allow EA the freedom to put as little effort in as they like with nobody even trying to challenge them (see: Madden).

feel

PES should just die and give its licenses to FIFA..
Yeah no thanks, PES is looking like the far superior footy game this year from the videos I've watched from both, assuming the input lag has trully been removed and doesn't show up again in the later builds.

I think the problem PES has is that it will have to be considerably better than FIFA if it wants to take the crown as number one footy game. When PES was on top of it's game, it was streets ahead of FIFA.

Now FIFA also plays a pretty good game of footy, plus holds way more licenses, and is generally more polished, PES is going to struggle against it unless it's significantly better to play.

I know I'll be buying FIFA again this year, but I'm always open to switching back to PES if it becomes more competitive in the future.

sephiroth7x

Kojima needs to direct PES.

This.... made me spit out my tea when I read it.

However, PES simply (I say simply) needs to rediscover what made it so fun while combining it with some flashy presentation.

I love that they are trying to get the gameplay right. The action on the pitch is the most important but as FIFA show year in and year out, having flashy menu's, TV like presentation and... please... for Gods sake... a bloody career mode not called Master League.

I love PES. I just want to bring it kicking and screaming into the new century. Hopefully this new one will... but last year was the first year I haven't bought it on release... this year might be the same.

LAM09

The pre-order incentive has been announced.

Anyone pre-ordering PES 2015 will receive exclusive elements for use within the game’s new myClub mode. This has been built around the UEFA Team Of The Year, which includes 10,000 Game Points, 10 Recovery Items to assist the fitness of the squad, and 1 player picked at random from the team voted by over 5 million people on UEFA.com.

NoTacos

The ball weight is just wrong in this series.... It moves likes on a billiards table basically

Considering balls actually have weight, the field is not virtually is not uniform (just like a billiards table), and strikes/kicks aren't always exactly on point, how is this considered a bad thing?

Afrikan

PES 2015 in all it's glory!

http://youtu.be/BVcLO-rM1x0

Wish they would create an American Football game with this engine. I love the animations.

Can't believe how much later it is going to release, compared to Fifa...let alone to the soccer season.

If they really want to make an impact on sales, they need to do everything they can to release it in early August next year. They already skipped last year, so they had longer time on next gen for this addition. Next year they need to finally be more aggressive.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Don't suppose anybody knows if they have licensed any Premier League teams this year? They usually have 1 or 2

LAM09

Don't suppose anybody knows if they have licensed any Premier League teams this year? They usually have 1 or 2

Nothing has been mentioned yet, but licenses are going to be announced in September. I guess Utd will be the only licensed team, at best.

LAM09

Didn't they already show off a licensed Manchester United?

They did, but you never know with Konami. They had a bunch of extra stadiums last year, but were supposedly forced to remove them, thanks to FIFA.

Better off waiting for an official announcement.

Every bit of actual gameplay I've seen over the past month or so has looked awesome and far more like classic PES than any have in recent years.

I felt from the start that PES2014 was a really good base to build from and they really seem to have done that as it looks far more responsive and fluid and the AI definitely improved :)

cafemomo

They would truly be the king if they made a Vita version.

I need my soccer fix on the go, and I'm tired of FIFA on the Vita
yet I bought all of the Vita FIFAs on day 1

Green Yoshi

Played the PS4-version at gamescom. Best PES since PES 2011 in my opinion. Great animations, but it doesn't look like a PS4-game. It' not ugly, but I wasn't impressed graphics wise. Controls are fine.

I hope they don't mess up the versions for 360 and PS3.

Top Bottom