• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: '2017 won't be Halo FPS/Gears led'

watdaeff4

I'm so glad that everytime Shu tweets or takes a breath there isn't a thread about it, this just simply sad that everytime this man tweets or some minor mundane run of the mill nothing of note was said interview was recorded there is a Thread about it. Thank god for Shu.
In fairness, many of those threads you are whining about were created by Sony fanboys to try to stir the pot or to shit on him/Xbox/MS.

Well, I was expecting Halo 3 Anniversary by Saber or Certain Affinity.

Just a helpful point for anyone tempted to take hanspampel seriously, he believes in stupid racist bullshit.

wtf. you really take this to different topics?
Just a helpful point for anyone tempted to take Liabe Brave seriously,
he believes in stupid witch hunts and takes a meaningless post, that isn't even racist, on the internet way to personal or whatever

welcome to my ignore list and back to topic :)

The Scalebound thread clocked in at 20 pages, the cancellation thread was at 100 pages...

The flak intensity was also an exercise on MS-shitting.

We will have some nice 3rd party Scorpio optimized stuff also in 2017, I think.

Scalebound is perhaps the highest-profile video game cancellation of all time. That's huge news no matter what your opinion of the game is. In my personal case, I'm no fan of Platinum Games and I thought the game looked crap at its every showing for the most part. But even I can recognise how noteworthy it is for a game that was helmed by Hideki Kamiya, in development for at least three years and paraded at several conferences to be killed dead in its tracks. To me the whole situation is insane.

Pejo

Gold Member
I'd love to see MS give me a reason to connect my X1 to my TV again. Phil says lots of shit though, so I'm not counting any chickens before they hatch this time.

I'd love to see them do a huge surprise like Otagi 3 or a new Mechwarrior, or something awesome from the OG Xbox. It's a shame that they had so many cool games and exclusives in that gen, that just died.

Im ok with this.

I dont need a forced Halo or Gears game every year. Release them when they are good and ready.

Does this mean posibly less exclusives this year, probably. But ultimately, they need to those franchises for amazing games, not just for pushing out crap like MCC.

I'm so glad that everytime Shu tweets or takes a breath there isn't a thread about it, this just simply sad that everytime this man tweets or some minor mundane run of the mill nothing of note was said interview was recorded there is a Thread about it. Thank god for Shu.

No worse than the dozens of concern threads about Xbox we have to put up with.

Rembrandt

Banned
Scalebound is perhaps the highest-profile video game cancellation of all time. That's huge news no matter what your opinion of the game is. In my personal case, I'm no fan of Platinum Games and I thought the game looked crap at its every showing for the most part. But even I can recognise how noteworthy it is for a game that was helmed by Hideki Kamiya, in development for at least three years and paraded at several conferences to be killed dead in its tracks. To me the whole situation is insane.

Silent Hills?

Starcraft Ghost?

Ushay

We dont know anything about the circumstances behind Scalebound officially. Speculating based on stuff we dont know makes no sense.

What i'm saying is that Phantom dust with this re-release is primed an ready for a huge resurgence, and its up to MS marketing the release properly and giving it the proper exposure it needs to flourish

Do they even need it? Its not where their userbase is at, and generally speaking, multiplayer has always been the main focus for Xbox, what drives user engagement
I agree, Phantom Dust has the potential to thrive and become something new for Xbox platform, the question is are MS capable of doing that for this franchise?

Theorry

Mwah. Silent Hills? Star Wars 1313?

Prologue

I actually thought it would have been a good business decision to release Halo 6 with Scorpio, no? I mean, what other first party game from Microsoft is going to make people pick up a new system as fast as that game?

BigPapi

I actually thought it would have been a good business decision to release Halo 6 with Scorpio, no? I mean, what other first party game from Microsoft is going to make people pick up a new system as fast as that game?

Mainline Halo is every three years so best we can get is MP beta like for Halo 5

Tecnniqe

Banned
Scalebound is perhaps the highest-profile video game cancellation of all time.

giphy.gif

The game itself wasn't even high profile lol

Come on now..

Ushay

Lmao what?

giphy.gif

The game itself wasn't even high profile lol

Come on now..

Scalebound LOL i dont know one person that was actually interested in playing it. Everyone said it looked meh after e3, but suddenly its the "highest profile game of all time"

Thats amazing. Never change Neogaf.

gamz

laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif

cilonen

Sunset Overdrive is considered a misfire? By who? People who never played it? What Microsoft need to do is stop focusing on people who will never buy their console and actually try pandering to the people who do have one. That means making sequels to newer IP that people enjoyed playing, or IP that had potential.

Unfortunately not many of the people who do have an Xbone actually bought Sunset Overdrive.

Freiya

Scalebound LOL i dont know one person that was actually interested in playing it. Everyone said it looked meh after e3, but suddenly its the "highest profile game of all time"

Thats amazing. Never change Neogaf.
One of the few xb1 games i wanted besides qb and pd. Now I only get one of those, xb1 has been horrible imo.

LOL gtfo of here with that
Halo 5 campaign is horrible and comes off cheap as hell.

watdaeff4

I'm just saying there would have been a much bigger outcry had we actually gotten footage and what not. I'm not disagreeing that there was hype for it.
There was a shitload of outcry. And I mean Jeezus, we have numerous people on here when they upgraded to a Pro asking/worried how the could xfer P.T. Over to it without losing it.

Leyasu

Banned

Lmao what a post.

Dural

I can't for the life of me understand why a company that has the biggest gaming IP there is right now (Minecraft), hasn't taken advantage of it. Do what Nintendo does with Mario and make games in other genres using the characters, it's guaranteed sales. I know my 7yo would go crazy for a Minecraft kart game where you could build your own tracks.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.

It's certainly the highest profile cancellation of 2017 so far.

Rembrandt

Banned
I'm just saying there would have been a much bigger outcry had we actually gotten footage and what not. I'm not disagreeing that there was hype for it.

there was a demo?

The demo brought more hype than a trailer would have.

some person on here supposedly turned down $1000 for his PS4 with it. lmao.

DOWN

Banned
Is this a sign Halo 6 is taking a while or that they don't want it to compete during the holidays anymore?

KORNdoggy

I thought this was obvious? Main halo entries tend to take longer than 2 years to develop, and gears of war only came out last year.

crackdown will be their big push this year (it won't sell amazingly, just like the others, despite how awesome the series is) forza 7 (because every year needs a forza apparently) and isn't there a halo wars sequel or re-release happening? (So halo will be there in some form)

dakilla13

Lmao, no one gives a shit about Scalebound or Platinum Games outside of GAF. It's debatable if a lot of people cared even before the cancellation.

Cancel Call of Duty and then you'll hear about it.

watdaeff4

I can't for the life of me understand why a company that has the biggest gaming IP there is right now (Minecraft), hasn't taken advantage of it. Do what Nintendo does with Mario and make games in other genres using the characters, it's guaranteed sales. I know my 7yo would go crazy for a Minecraft kart game where you could build your own tracks.
There is a Telltale game.

And with MS model of games as service I wouldn't be surprised if we do see your MineKart idea

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.

Minecraft is a money printer. They need to tread carefully. Occasional curve balls like Story Mode will sell well, but oversaturation is a real risk.

i'd rather have the devs at 343i have more time with the scorpio spec and release something in 2018 that will wow us instead of rushing something to meet launch.

e3 can't come soon enough.

gaming_noob

"Simply sad" that we are discussing tweets from the head of Xbox? You are in a vidya game forum ffs.

Minecraft as a franchise is instantly recognizable but the characters in it are not as iconic as Mario. With the game you create your own characters and worlds so it's harder to apply to other genres.

Secondly, even if these spin-offs worked, putting them only on Xbox or GFW would kill a huge amount of potential customers. You'd have to keep them completely multiplat and accessible for kids.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
That seems... odd. Maybe Halo 6 is taking longer than expected and won't release this year?

I can't imagine Sea of Thieves or Crackdown 3 "leading" Microsoft's lineup.

Longer than WHO expected? HW2 releases this year, but we've made no mention of anything beyond that.

Top Bottom