• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Piccolo was a black man (DBZ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelsdesu

Can I get a......

images

Thunder tank needed fixin. Ya boy got it. All he was missing was a cigarette hanging from his mouth.

Rur0ni

Piccolo and Panthro are clearly black, it is known. May have been brought up in a thread years ago, but still true today.

TaterTots

Banned
A long, long, time ago there was talks of a Dragon Ball movie. Anyway, Wesley Snipes was rumored for the role. That movie never happened, but I'd say a lot of people agree.

Steel

Banned
Now that I think about it, DBZ was really progressive in the sense that they made Goku (white man pretty much) the terrible father and Piccolo Gohan's real loving dad. Combatting stereotypes from day 1.

Then again, DBZ also has Mr. Popo, so...

Yeah, a loving dad that beat the shit out of his adoring son regularly. Progressive. Yep.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
According to badly printed fan art from the internet on binders from my elementary school, Goku was also black.

chaosaeon

Yeah I always kind of felt that too. I really liked his dub in the early episodes too, and that heavy metal scream at the literal first few seconds of Dead Zone was ridiculous.

OldMan

Banned
Now that I think about it, DBZ was really progressive in the sense that they made Goku (white man pretty much) the terrible father and Piccolo Gohan's real loving dad. Combatting stereotypes from day 1.

Then again, DBZ also has Mr. Popo, so...
Goten??

Well 2Pac was literally Piccolo so that's the only reason you need.
Does anyone know why 2Pac's character was named Piccolo on A Different World? It seems random, but he could've been a DBZ fan. Was it out in America yet?

Johndoey

Banned
Piccolo is also the best father. Took in a dead dudes kid breh, showed him the ropes and brought him up. Piccolo is a proud brotha.

DarkKyo

I remember most of my DBZ fan peers in middle school/high school who were black usually considered Piccolo as their favorite character(besides Vegeta who everyone seems to like).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom