• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games/Activision announce Legend of Korra downloadable for PC/XB/PS [screen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortemis

Banned
I'll wait for the hands on impressions later this week, but seriously this is so out of left field. Kinda thought it was a suicide thread at first.

tumblr_mdgroj2kGc1r0pbtro3_500.gif

yGray

Banned
A kamiya avatar game.. Sounds pretty crazy. I wonder how important the story will be, considering that the third season starts soon.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I am interested but it's still a licensed game even if Platinum game is working on it.

Plus it based on Korra universe and not Aang.

At least they won't have to deal with any port begging for this one.

No Wii U port, though to be honest it isn't like we are starved since we're getting Bayonetta 2 and the definite version of Bayonetta 1. :p

Activision licensed game? This will probably have 5 months of development.

Indeed, plus the fact we saw no gameplay footage doesn't help.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
In "news I didn't expect to see" news. So weird.

A kamiya avatar game.. Sounds pretty crazy. I wonder how important the story will be, considering that the third season starts soon.

It's very likely NOT Kamiya.
Platinum does have other developers.

Kamiya most likely has his hands full on Scalebound if he's directing that. This probably another team. Maybe the ones who did Anarchy Reigns.

RK128

....Welp, talk about a plesent surprise :D!

The Avatar series is PERFECT for the DMC/Bayonetta style combat (each element can function as a different style) and with Platinum's traditional crazy/over-the-top nature, we can have some really epic bending battles to boot :D!

I don't like the Korra series that much (the first season really soured my views on the show :(....why make a focus on the stupid relationship crap when they could have just made a good successor to the great original series :l), this has the potential to be a killer game and one of the first Avatar games to have a proper interpretation in video game form :).

Can't wait to see proper gameplay of this; Platinums track record is just too good :D!

SuckerPunch can cook up a mighty Avatar game if you ask me.

eh, they haven't prove themselves yet in melee combat and stuff, unless you want Avatar game as a shooter. and all the cities in infamous games never really stood out and people often said it felt lifeless to them, which is the opposite of what I want from Avatar game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom