• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games/Activision announce Legend of Korra downloadable for PC/XB/PS [screen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regiruler

I am interested but it's still a licensed game even if Platinum game is working on it.

Plus it based on Korra universe and not Aang.

A good studio can make a good licensed game. Wayforward is a good example, although the titles aren't "top of the line" good.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
This has the feel of a studio needing to take on work and a cheap IP cash in (seriously doubt Activision would be involved for anything else).

Hope I'm wrong though.

Glad its Korra and not Avatar.

Horse

Banned
The way you Humans are losing your minds makes me feel bad that I have NO IDEA WHAT IT IS. Is it good, not a kids show right?

atr0cious

You know, I was thinking of getting another game for my PS4 finally, but this is tempting...

Also, I would kind of love it if they hammed the story up to MGR levels.

Think about the mods that could be going into the PC version. It might be the only way we get someone like Boomy as playable.

The way you Humans are losing your minds makes me feel bad that I have NO IDEA WHAT IT IS. Is it good?

It's the second season in the best martial arts tv series since Jackie Chan Adventures.

Would have preferred a Last Air Bender game for the better characters and (likely) better plot but an Avatar game made Platinum Games is a day 1 purchase.

Fbh

W...wa...wait.

So you are saying we might get a Korra game, with a story made by one of the writers of the show and action gameplay by the creators of Bayonetta, W101 and Metal Gear Rising?

surprised-patrick-meme-supernatural.gif

Eolz

It's probably the reason they didn't like all those Kill La Kill requests
they got stuck with the inferior action popular "anime"
/s but not really

Regiruler

Just looked at Webfoot's pedigree...I don't have any hope for the 3DS version.

From the little of what I've watched of Korra, it has much better action sequences than ATLA. This would be a better fit for platinum anyway.

KHlover

Banned
This has the feel of a studio needing to take on work and a cheap IP cash in (seriously doubt Activision would be involved for anything else).

Hope I'm wrong though.

Glad its Korra and not Avatar.
Agreed, the better series should get the better game :p

TLA had its chance and all games were pure dogshit.

Soonri

Whoa.

This sounds like a way to make money pretty cheap - but I wanna see some gameplay first. I know a friend who loves the heck out of Korra so I might buy it regardless, lol

elmars369

Unconfirmed Member
Holy...
This could either turn out to be the best thing ever... or the biggest disappointment since the movie adaptation.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm down with Bayonetta-style Korra combat

Korra is worst avatar though and would've loved it more if it was Aang

Takao

Banned
In case anyone cares, the 3DS game is being developed by the studio behind the Dragon Ball Z: Legacy of Goku GBA games. It's been about 10 years since the last one, so I dunno how much of the staff is the same.

wait why not WiiU?

Activision wants to make money?

While I'm glad that Platinum is getting work, its sad to see them have to resort to being published by Activision on a Licensed title. They should be making Metal Gear Rising 2 damn it!

Mononoke

Banned
So, are these Avatar shows any good for mature audience like me?

First season is kind of rough (mostly the first half), because it's really aimed at kids. But it gets better as it goes along. Seasons 2 and 3 are much better. It's actually one the most mature animations I've seen (when it comes to themes and subtext). It's also one of the most satisfying stories I've watched.

So definitely give it a shot. Don't let it being a "kids" show scare you off. Because honestly, outside the first half of Season 1, it really isn't a kids show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom