• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation China press conference on July 29 2015 - PS4 future, Games & Morpheus

ZhugeEX

Banned
imgur is your friend.

Thanks-

vbF5ATJ.jpg

Dear Sir/madam

The 29th of July 2015 at Intercontinental shanghai expo there will be PlayStation China conference for 2015.
Registration time is 14:30 to 15:00
Conference time is 15:00 to 16:00

We hope you can come!

ZhugeEX

Banned
Oh wow. So I knew Andrew House will be there but it looks like Shuhei Yoshida will be there too alongside Takehito Soeda and Hiroyuki Oda.

The theme of the event is "For the Players" and will go over the future of PlayStation in China, new games that will launch there and a look at Project Morpheus.

Oh wow. So I knew Andrew House will be there but it looks like Shuhei Yoshida will be there too alongside Takehito Soeda and Hiroyuki Oda.

Hype intensifying, I hope they announce a lot of Chinese games (that hopefully come to the west too), Sony really needs their support right now.

Stanng243

The theme of the event is "For the Players" and will go over the future of PlayStation in China, new games that will launch there and a look at Project Morpheus.

Where's that nothing to see here gif where the house is burning? This is starting to sound like something.

Stanng243

Sorry, I saw your edited post, but it's still pretty funny that you woke up to watch the conference and you realized there was none. XD

That would be crazy. I actually just woke up because nature was calling. It just happened to be at that time.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Happy to hear that the top sellers are 2 Japanese games, too. Another market for big budget Japanese console games, especially one with the potential of China, is always a good thing!

Also, there's a whole host of obscure Chinese-only RPGs that were for PC that I'd love to see new sequels for on the PS4...

ZhugeEX

Banned
Heart Games (Xin Dong) is a small internet based Games Entertainment company in China who make smaller scale games for browser and Mobile in China.

Today they are announcing two new titles to PlayStation 4. The first title known as "Magic Mirror Realms" and is a 2D action adventure game set in a future city where you fight robots and stuff.

The second is "Blazing Blades: ComboSteel" which is a 3D fighting action game where you battle enemies with traditional weapons.

Both games are developed with Unity Engine and will be playable at China Joy 2015 at the end of this month. I have included screenshots below and videos linked above that go to Youku. As Youku is a Chinese streaming site the videos will take some time to load so please be patient.

*Please note that game names are translated from Chinese and are not official English game titles.

DieH@rd

Banned
Interesting developments.

Now... if Morpheus could only reach 1% of China's population. :)

Joking aside, I can't really see Oculus and Vive with their expensive HW requirement getting a lot of attention there. PS4 is much better suited to become "VR of choice" in China, at least until some ultra cheap knockoffs start appearing. On the mobile side, Cardboard-like solutions will probably be most adopted.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Cool, do know if they got 'incentives' from sony to make playstation games or did they just want to make a ps4 game?

I think they entered the games as part of PlayStation sponsored game creation contest. But I can't remember exactly. I'll find out for you.

vypek

I think they entered the games as part of PlayStation sponsored game creation contest. But I can't remember exactly. I'll find out for you.

Do you know if those games you mentioned have a chance of being translated and getting a worldwide release or are there games that will pretty much be China exclusives?

I know that you mentioned King of Wushu coming out elsewhere but I wasn't sure if that is an exception or the rule.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Do you know if those games you mentioned have a chance of being translated and getting a worldwide release or are there games that will pretty much be China exclusives?

I know that you mentioned King of Wushu coming out elsewhere but I wasn't sure if that is an exception or the rule.

One of Sony's core objectives in the China market is to get domestic developers to create new experiences on PlayStation 4 for the China market. They will also look to bring these games to the international market in the same way that King Of Wushu is coming overseas.

However, this process will take time and we are still waiting to see just how many Chinese developers will bring their current and new titles to PS4. Once we start to see more domestic games launch on PS4 I'm sure we'll start to see them launch overseas.

Stanng243

One of Sony's core objectives in the China market is to get domestic developers to create new experiences on PlayStation 4 for the China market. They will also look to bring these games to the international market in the same way that King Of Wushu is coming overseas.

However, this process will take time and we are still waiting to see just how many Chinese developers will bring their current and new titles to PS4. Once we start to see more domestic games launch on PS4 I'm sure we'll start to see them launch overseas.

That would be nice. More variety in games never hurts.

vypek

Great to know. Thanks for the information.

ZhugeEX

Banned
The possibility of Chinese developed games on PS4 excites me.

Me too.

Although I would like to make it clear again not to set expectations too high as we are still waiting to see how many locally developed games will support PS4 in China first (Hopefully we get more information end of this month at the conference). We may not see games start to be bought to the International market from within China until next year or maybe even 2017.

Wiggy

Although I would like to make it clear again not to set expectations too high as we are still waiting to see how many locally developed games will support PS4 in China first (Hopefully we get more information end of this month at the conference). We may not see games start to be bought to the International market from within China until next year or maybe even 2017.

Are there any local huge pc/mobile franchise that would be a huge get/move units if announced for PS4? Like how Dragon Quest on PS4 would help Japanese sales.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Are there any local huge pc/mobile franchise that would be a huge get/move units if announced for PS4? Like how Dragon Quest on PS4 would help Japanese sales.

Hmmm. Good question.

I do think that even if a lot of PC/mobile games come to console in China then it won't do too much as PC is still where everyone will play.

I guess if the games are about ROTK and Journey to the West then we could see some people buy PS4 haha.

But to be honest I can't think of a killer app that would actually get Chinese consumers to go and buy a PS4. Chinese gamers play a mix of locally developed games and internationally developed games (LoL is massive).

4Tran

Hmmm. Good question.

I do think that even if a lot of PC/mobile games come to console in China then it won't do too much as PC is still where everyone will play.

I guess if the games are about ROTK and Journey to the West then we could see some people buy PS4 haha.

But to be honest I can't think of a killer app that would actually get Chinese consumers to go and buy a PS4. Chinese gamers play a mix of locally developed games and internationally developed games (LoL is massive).
I think that it's a double problem wherein the games that are really popular in China are already on PC or mobile, and that none of the big Chinese power players are very invested in consoles. For example, Tencent controls China's most popular games and they're going to ensure that those games stay on PC because they're heavily committed that platform. We can expect PC games to be utterly dominant for the whole generation - but if Sony can establish themselves they'll have a much better shot with the PS5.

But if there is any one title that can draw a lot of Chinese gaming attention, my money will be on the duo of Final Fantasy XV and VII Remake. Unfortunately, both titles have a good chance of showing up on PC as well.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Sony will be hosting an Ultra Street Fighter 4 tournament I think.

So it looks like they might be bringing this game to China soon.

stryke

I wish someone would make a current gen Condor Heroes RPG. Not sure which one I would want more though, Legend or Return, hm....

I wish someone would make a current gen Condor Heroes RPG. Not sure which one I would want more though, Legend or Return, hm....

Rather have The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber

Anyway Zhuge, there are quite a few more Chinese games you can talk about.
That and MS China will debut MCC on the same day

zzzzzz

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
This is the very defining moment where Playstation brand can take advantage to be a market leader in console gaming for years and generations to come. If they succeed and continue to growth in China well...there is more likely Playstation brand will become an undispute market leader globally. While its to early to conclude anything, there is no denying fact that China is so important to Sony and Playstation brand, just like Hollywood with their movie industry recently.

YES!

Even Furious 7 made close to $400 Million in China. You read that right! 400 million dollars in China alone. And it's an American brand through and through. Maybe one day Sony is hoping that they can have a game like Horizons sell 8 million copies with 1 million in China alone.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&country=CH&id=fast7.htm

ZhugeEX

Banned
Rather have The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber

Anyway Zhuge, there are quite a few more Chinese games you can talk about.
That and MS China will debut MCC on the same day

zzzzzz

I don't care too much about Halo MCC lol.

But what other domestic Chinese games are confirmed to launch on PS4? Can you provide a list?

Cheers

AmuroChan

YES!

Even Furious 7 made close to $400 Million in China. You read that right! 400 million dollars in China alone. And it's an American brand through and through. Maybe one day Sony is hoping that they can have a game like Horizons sell 8 million copies with 1 million in China alone.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&country=CH&id=fast7.htm

Honestly, that's not really surprising. Hollywood movies have always been popular in China. I was watching Chinese dubbed American movies all the time back in the 80's growing up.

Top Bottom