• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus increasing in price to $59.99 usd/$69.99 cad starting Sept 22

AAA games in coming. Get ready my friends

latest

Xenoflare

Wow, Sony is taking this currency exchange seriously

Jesus at least I viewed PS+ being cheaper is one of the pluses (no pun intended), now it's going to cost more than Live Gold in Canada

I think we all saw this coming eventually considering XBL Gold is the same price. Hopefully the PS Plus free games improve after this increase.

Do the psn+ subscription prepaid card have an expiration date. Never felt the need to stock u but might consider if they don't have expiration date.

Lothars

For indie god damn games every month I can get on humble on pc and an online infrastructure built in a cave with scraps???????????

Did XBL ever get a price increase? This is actual horseshit
The infrastructure isn't bad at all. I wish they didn't increase the price but yes XBL had a price increase years ago as well.

With this increase, is there at least any chance that they'll let us "keep" the PS+ free monthly games even if the sub expires (ala XBL)?
The Xbox one games are the same as PS+, You don't keep them if your subscription expires.

Tagyhag

The new pricing reflects the current market conditions while enabling us to continue providing exceptional value to our members.

Nothing will change, guarantee it. They'll have a bigger library to give out by then and we might get a first party retail game out of it and people will assume that it would have been impossible without the price increase.

Not cool Sony.

Luschient

With this increase, is there at least any chance that they'll let us "keep" the PS+ free monthly games even if the sub expires (ala XBL)?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
How much was it before? $50?

I've kind of always had it mentally pegged as 60 euros here or whatever. (Haven't check in a while :/ )

Matush

I will be okay with 10$ bump if they are willing to start giving out PROPER AAA games every month. If not, f them.

DryvBy

Really stupid. But I'm good until 2019.

Maybe they should invest in faster services so some of these services work properly, like shareplay. It's rare I can do this.

So fucking glad I bought like 3 years when it was $29.99 on Amazon. That was a year or two ago can't remember.

I'm paid in USD so this won't affect me as much luckily.

Hugstable

Banned
Good thing I rarely if ever play online, just gonna let my sub stay lapsed like I have been, especially with this price increase

Top Bottom