• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus increasing in price to $59.99 usd/$69.99 cad starting Sept 22

And why? Because they can get away with it?

That is exactly why. :p

Ok, with this I can actually see them going lower than 299 with Slim. The WSJ article stated that they especially want to increase subscription numbers. I guess it's a huge revenue stream for them.

Not happy about this at all...

Damn, I remember being pissed at Microsoft for this last gen. Hopefully we see some tangible improvements.

I'll likely still pay anyway, a lot of my Vita library is practically hostage to this.

realwords

Hope this isn't considered spam, but for anyone looking to stock up, you can get a 12 month code or two here for $37.99 with the code "THANKYOU".

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Will the quality of "free" games and overall security of PSN increase alongside the price? Because if not, they can shove it.

Draft

Thanks a lot, Microsoft. First for making it OK to charge people for P2P matchmaking, then for being such a colossal failure Sony has no competition and can increase prices at their whim.

The return of arrogant Sony?

Looks like I might give up MP... Hopefully eBay continues to come through with those discounted cards.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I've still two years of subscription paid.
Good, otherwise I'd bail out: I don't play online and their PS4 offering has been very disappointing so far.

AP90

Ign deals had the psn card for $40 recently I believe too.. Maybe the price increase is to help subsidize the neo??

Hopefully online retailers can keep on selling them for discounted prices.

longdi

Banned
PC master race needs no subs!

I hope Sony will throw in full games or emulated games with this increase.
Sept PS meetings cant come fast enough...

Top Bottom