• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB VI: Return of the Fairy (Pokémon E3 Information Summary)

Delio

Whoa all the new info out today. Loving the three rivals and the new little fire cub is soooo adorable. I have to stop myself from having yet another fire type in my team >.<

Neiteio

There have been nine new Pokémon announced so far at E3:

- Vivillon
- Bug pre-evo to Vivillon
- Another bug pre-evo to Vivillon
- Noivern
- Clauncher
- Skrelp
- Talonflame
- A fire lion (Normal/Fire)
- A flower fairy (Fairy)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
And after barely escaping the mass supersonic encounter you can then get blown to bits by a group of self destructing Geodudes.

*uses surf*

Fuck your geodudes.

*realizes they have sturdy*

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Oh yeah, funny how they "weren't supposed to let slip" that Kalos was based on France - probably were saving it for a Hidden Power of Masuda post after launch, heh.

Also, awesome Swords Dance and Brave Bird(O_O) animations. And the modeling showoff was interesting. I want a look at ALL the ref sheets sheets now...

I don't think this was mentioned in the OP, but I'm pretty sure one of he battle intros in the E3 trailer said "the wild [pokemon] you stepped on attacked!", so I guess they have slightly dynamic battle intros?

I'm so excited about being able to choose the in-game language! I wonder if you can switch on the fly...

Edit:and the customization! Finallyyyyyyyyy

ku-medium.gif

The funniest gif to come out of the Fairy type announcement!

Qurupeke

There have been nine new Pokémon announced so far at E3:

- Vivillon
- Bug pre-evo to Vivillon
- Another bug pre-evo to Vivillon
- Noivern
- Clauncher
- Skrelp
- Talonflame
- A fire lion (Normal/Fire)
- A flower fairy (Fairy)
SO MANY POKEMON! I didn't expect something like that! I now want to stop! Too spoilerish!

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I need a pokemon game with these full resolution models and shading:

pokemongsuia.gif

My only hope is that they made these high res models so they can use them later on a console game or something.

EDIT: Also, I guess there isn't video of the full conference?

.JayZii

Banned
Yeah it's like if they slapped Dug+trio together or Sand+Shrew, Sand+Slash or named a male mime looking pokemon Mr. Mime...

Surely their naming ability has grown more sophisticated since the beginning of pokemon. Kind of feels like a step backwards.
A wyvern, awesome. The game looks great, love the camera during battles.
A bat wyvern is definitely an interesting combination; It's a nice design. In fact, I think all of the designs they have shown so far are well done.

Moonlight

Banned
Furabebe, that flower-type Pokemon is fucking inspired. I love that idea of it being a living creature using a flower as its' home - it's like a botanical hermit crab, haha.

Dragoshi1

Noivern is now one of the Pokemon who will be forever a member of my team.

It has such a cool design and animations.

Busaiku

So do Sky Battles offer anything besides being Flying/Levitating Pokemon only?
Seems kind of pointless.

Especially if we don't get more Rotation Battles.

Yeah, mine too.

There's just something about the fruit bat/wyvern aesthetic that really clicks. I can look at it and and just imagine it flying from tree to tree, eating berries and bananas off the neck of Tropius.

One of the more creative designs to come so far, definitely.

Top Bottom