• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon is the origin of many teens homosexuality according to Pastor Creflo Dollar

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progre...o-dollar-claims-pokemon-causes-homosexuality/

Better piece that responds to him - he teaches the Prosperity Gospel, a skewed version of Christianity that emphasizes monetary wealth through donations to ministries and causes like his own. Essentially, he believes being a Christian means God wants you to be happy, successful, and wealthy. And if you're not, you're doing it wrong.

Pretty far from the example laid out by Christ.

Servbot24

Banned
All the gay people I know do like Pokemon! Must be true :O

Although the 2 trans people I know don't, so doesn't apply to LGBTQ as a whole

Lessons learned

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progre...o-dollar-claims-pokemon-causes-homosexuality/

Better piece that responds to him - he teaches the Prosperity Gospel, a skewed version of Christianity that emphasizes monetary wealth through donations to ministries and causes like his own. Essentially, he believes being a Christian means God wants you to be happy, successful, and wealthy. And if you're not, you're doing it wrong.

Pretty far from the example laid out by Christ.

I dunno man everybody knows Jesus is a Digimon fan. Read Leviticus.

ItIsOkBro

18738248_BG1.jpg

seriously didn't this guy beat his daughter? how does he still have an audience.

Didn't Credo pull some sort of fundraiser to fund a private jet for himself? This guy... Lmao.

Yup, that's the guy. He set up a fundraiser for a 65 million dollar Gulfstream private jet. The best part was the statement his PR person made when that was cancelled after getting ridiculed by anyone with an IQ larger than their shoe size (emphasis mine):

“There is no campaign. It’s a moot point. The ministry will now focus on spreading the Gospel,” Juda Engelmayer of 5W Public Relations said to the Christian Post.

Yeah...shouldn't the ministry have focused on spreading the Gospel since day one???

This guy is a joke...yet another who has no actual religious stance, but uses it to fund his own desires.

I'm religious, and it amazes me how scam artists like him can still exist. You would have thought people would have learned after Jim Bakker, Jerry Falwell, Jimmy Swaggart, etc...but noooooooooo.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the fundraiser for the Gulfstream was to replace his older Gulfstream that ran off a runway recently.

mclem

There are still people who believe that homosexuality is a choice instead of something you're born with.

Y'know, it strikes me that even if all that bullshit was true, all it'd really be doing is showing impressionable youths that it's okay to be gay.

i don't see the breast in bulbasaur, weedle doesn't look like a penis, if we went by that logic all snakes, worms(and whatever the thing before a butterfly and cocoon, the name escapes me atm lol) also look like penises, is nature the origin of homosexuality?! :eek: also charmander dies if the flame on its tail goes out, and lastly wtf? how is mew a 3rd sexuality? mew is the equivalent to the missing link in evolution in the pokemon world.

that dude is weird, also im in the belief that homosexuality isn't a choice, you're just born that way.

tariniel

St..stupid sexy machoke! It's not like I even like you or anything... baka!

I also had some big fat dude yell at me and my friend in a grocery store once for liking Harry Potter. We saw some crackers or some shit with Harry Potter on the package and were talking about it, like kids would, and this dude screams "HARRY POTTA IS DA DEVIL" and we ran away to my friends mom. I don't know why I told that story, probably just the topic title made me think of crazy people.

CHC

Because nothing says credibility quite like the name "Creflo Dollar"

(Really though this is just so insane it's funny rather than upsetting.)

NeonBlack

Of course it all makes sense now. Brock's cooking, his main pokemon being a large rock, and hitting on every women that breathes was all a ploy to hide his true feelings for Ash.

Are they serious? They spend more time talking about gay people then actual gay people

Or it could just be that almost every kid..or a lot of kids loved Pokemon in the late 90s and some of them just so happen to be into men as adults.

The Pokemoan chat is the best thing to come out of this thread though.

Neiteio

I'm sure they were perfectly scientific with their findings...

STUDY:

1) How gay do you feel after playing Pokemon?

a) Somewhat gay

b) Moderately gay

c) Super gay

d) Ultra gay

e) Are you the same gender as me? LET'S GET IT ON

f) Evolution is real, I love weed, Hillary Clinton 2016!

Nightbird

There are still people who believe that homosexuality is a choice instead of something you're born with.

You can "choose" to become homosexuality, but not all homosexuals have chosen to become homosexual.
But that's not the issue. The issue is that in 2015 some people still think it's a medical condition and not just a different way of life

Top Bottom