• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon GO iOS Update Breaks Pokemon Trainer Club login

I've debugged the network traffic and the latest update (1.0.1) doesn't even send a HTTP request when you try to login.

This is not a server-side issue, something is broken in the app itself. It can take days or weeks to get an update pushed to the app store, so who knows when we'll get a fix.

If you use Pokemon Trainer's Club, do not update to 1.0.1
From Reddit
https://m.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/co...s_club/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true
Thanks SirBukkake for pointing it out!
Sorry for another Pokemon GO thread but this is unacceptable. :(

UPDATE: Has been FIXED
It looks like this was remotely fixed on the Niantic / Nintendo end somehow. The HTTP requests are now firing and you can login... guessing something in the initial payload file downloaded on launch was changed to trigger the app to start POSTing the login request!

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Glad they fixed those Gmail privacy issue things so at least I logged in that way first.

DarkWish

I just updated the app with my sister before we were about to leave the house and find some Pokemon... and then it wouldn't let us login anymore. And now I see this topic. That really sucks :(

Are you fucking kidding me? So I can't fucking play at all for days now? How the fucking hell did a bug that fucking massive make it through? That's completely and totally un-fucking-acceptable.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
You can push emergency updates through Apple a few times a year, so I'd expect a fix very quickly.

The Argus

Are you fucking kidding me? So I can't fucking play at all for days now? How the fucking hell did a bug that fucking massive make it through? That's completely and totally un-fucking-acceptable.

Dude... it's not like you spent 60 bucks on this. Give it time.

Oh look, a company more inept at handling online stuff than Nintendo.

Yeah Google sucks at online stuff.

It'll be patched guys, those Zubats aren't going anywhere.

Zomba13

How do you stop the momentum of the currently big mobile fad? Make it so a large amount of your users can't log in for a few days and everyone realises they are just fine without your game!

Escalario

Banned
Dude... it's not like you spent 60 bucks on this. Give it time.

Yeah Google sucks at online stuff.

It'll be patched guys, those Zubats aren't going anywhere.

Wait what has Google to do with this? It's about the iOS version, and Niantic is an independent company that spun off Google years ago.

Mr-Joker

Banned
A reminder that they delayed the release of Pokémon Go in Europe and Japan to fix the issue and they still somehow manage to fuck it up.

Pokémon Go launch was badly mismanaged.

Ulysses 31

choofed.gif

The Argus

Wait what has Google to do with this? It's about the iOS version, and Niantic is an independent company that spun off Google years ago.

This is actually news to me. They spun off last year, I thought Google double downed on them. My bad.

It doesn't make this any less unacceptable, and doesn't make "whatever, don't worry about it" any less completely asinine of a response.

Asinine is a weird word for someone to use while throwing a temper tantrum about a free Pokemon game. It does make it less acceptable as this is a free game you didn't even have a week ago.

lmao this is hilarious. you are out of your mind

Mate, it's a free game. Take a breather. They will push out a fix ASAP.

I have friends and family I'm meeting with - today specifically was going to be a big hangout day and now I'm completely fucked out of it and don't know when everyone will be available at once again. Also, I dropped money just before I got locked out and now some of it is wasted. And regardless of all that, I'm not sure why I'm not allowed to be frustrated when a bug that completely blocks the ability to login for a large group of users wasn't caught in testing, especially since the very nature of the bug indicates they didn't even test one of their only 4 login scenarios.

Asinine is a weird word for someone to use while throwing a temper tantrum about a free Pokemon game. It does make it less acceptable as this is a free game you didn't even have a week ago.

It's not a temper tantrum. I'm frustrated, but I'm also sitting calmly in front of my desktop kicking back in between episodes of Clone Wars, regardless of some strong language on a web forum. It does make me more frustrated though when the response is pretty much "lul calm down" as when in the history of anything has that sentiment ever helped? Yeah, I know it's a dumb game. I'm pretty fine right now too. But I think I can vent a little without pointless "lul whatever chill out brah" too.

I have friends and family I'm meeting with - today specifically was going to be a big hangout day and now I'm completely fucked out of it and don't know when everyone will be available at once again. Also, I dropped money just before I got locked out and now some of it is wasted. And regardless of all that, I'm not sure why I'm not allowed to be frustrated when a bug that completely blocks the ability to login for a large group of users wasn't caught in testing, especially since the very nature of the bug indicates they didn't even test one of their only 4 login scenarios.

you can still hangout with your friends without pokemon go. and your purchases will still be there when you can log in.

Just imagine you're Ash going to a new region, then something inexplicable happens on the way, so now you get to catch everything all over again!
because you are impatient and signed up with Google instead... Like me!

you can still hangout with your friends without pokemon go. and your purchases will still be there when you can log in.

Sure I can, and probably will. But it's not exactly going to be fun being literally the only one in a large group who can't do shit, as everyone is excitedly playing the game and talking about all the shit they're getting. :\ It's instantly excluding.

And Incense doesn't come back. Neither do the Poké Balls I used in the battle I got booted during. Granted, that's not much, but it's annoying nonetheless.

Ashhong

It's not a temper tantrum. I'm frustrated, but I'm also sitting calmly in front of my desktop kicking back in between episodes of Clone Wars, regardless of some strong language on a web forum. It does make me more frustrated though when the response is pretty much "lul calm down" as when in the history of anything has that sentiment ever helped? Yeah, I know it's a dumb game. I'm pretty fine right now too. But I think I can vent a little without pointless "lul whatever chill out brah" too.

Your post did not portray someone who was calm, thus you were told you calm down. If you didn't sound like a lunatic, people wouldn't have told you to calm down.

Also, this update came within 24 hours of the Google privacy issue being exposed (I think). There's nothing to say that this login issue won't be fixed in the same or less.

Ghazi

Let's see how many people just entering the thread read the Reddit post that's been updated saying it's fixed.

This is not a server-side issue, something is broken in the app itself. It can take days or weeks to get an update pushed to the app store, so who knows when we'll get a fix.

It looks like this was remotely fixed on the Niantic / Nintendo end somehow. The HTTP requests are now firing and you can login... guessing something in the initial payload file downloaded on launch was changed to trigger the app to start POSTing the login request!

Classic reddit armchair developer

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
They simply dont have the man power and server power to power this game,

This one here. Nintendo might've done good to think this through, but considering their history with the internet and internet things, not surprising they didn't imagine it would be just a bit of a crazy launch.

This one here. Nintendo might've done good to think this through, but considering their history with the internet and internet things, not surprising they didn't imagine it would be just a bit of a crazy launch.

You realize Nintendo aren't running the servers or handling the game, right? People just jump on the chance to shit on them without knowing what's going on. It's a Niantic game and they run things (considering Pokemon Go is based partially on their previous game Ingress, they should be more on top of things)

Symtendo

Is there anyway to link my google account which I am currently using to log in with my Pokemon trainer account and what are the benefits of using the latter?

Alric

Is there anyway to link my google account which I am currently using to log in with my Pokemon trainer account and what are the benefits of using the latter?

As of now, no. I do hope it's implemented in the future though because i'm on Google too.

Top Bottom