• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Sun/Moon Special Demo Thread

McNum

Do you continue with the same save file in the full game or do you start over, but with a free Ash-Greninja available somewhere?

Just so I know if I should pick the starter I want in the full game or not.

Do you continue with the same save file in the full game or do you start over, but with a free Ash-Greninja available somewhere?

You'll start over: you play a boy called Sun in the demo so the most basic feature of naming your protagonist or choosing their gender isn't on this save, also it let's you win items like nuggets for completing certain tasks, then tells the player to import them, speak to the professor at the Pokémon centre. I can imagine Ash-Greninja will be the same.

DNAbro

Demo is a separate experience. You can import the Ash Greninja from the demo once the game launches.

Bulbasaur

Banned
I guess I was expecting more from the demo. I think you UI was probably the most exciting new addition. The camera angle for the majority didn't do it for me at all. Also Team Skull rule with that tune.

bibs

So the NPCS that ask you to return to the game after a certain period of days do give u things. The guy outside the Pokemon Centre who asks you to return the following day gives you
10 Pretty Wings
and confirms that the you should visit the other characters when they ask you too. Makes the demo a bit more interesting and gives you a reason to return to it.

Rodin

The demo was fun, it's a pretty large leap compared to XY and there are tons of little touches here and there that i always wanted to see in a Pokémon game. It screams for better hardware though, and the screen res of the 3DS in particular is too low. I also think this is going to be one of those games that run visibly better on the New 3DS, the black screens between areas and when you enter/exit a battle are too long on the old 3DS models.

Arcia

Banned
The demo was fun, it's a pretty large leap compared to XY and there are tons of little touches here and there that i always wanted to see in a Pokémon game. It screams for better hardware though, and the screen res of the 3DS in particular is too low. I also think this is going to be one of those games that run visibly better on the New 3DS, the black screens between areas and when you enter/exit a battle are too long on the old 3DS models.

Does the demo run any differently on the old 3DS vs. the New 3DS? Has anyone tested this?

Santar

Feels super polished but I'm really missing a fast forward feature in the battles. It's just so convenient in Yo-Kai Watch and World of Final Fantasy and helps make the battles quicker.
Also some of the menu transitions take too long for my liking.

Fireblend

Banned
Here's the QR for the demo page on the store:

original.jpg

Is the demo only up for a limited time?

I don't think so.

When the demo notifies you about how you import stuff to the full game, its worded in a way where you could start up this demo after the game's release, so that's still over a month.

Also I saw you could still download ORAS on the EU store, so I'm guessing it'll be available for a while.

OmegaFax

Does anyone see a faint line underneath the player character? It was obvious when I approached the Trial area at the beginning of the demo. I thought it might be burn in on my N3DS XL screen until I hit the Home Button and the line warps with the game's display when it enters the background.

I'll try to screencap it a little later but I thought it was kind of odd. It isn't too distracting but it looks like a visual glitch.

Carbonox

I've "completed" the demo - seems there are still a couple of extra things that can be either achieved or obtained up until the game's release though (references to coming back in a day's time or whatever). Interested to see what that is.

Dunkley

What about FPS?

Only dreadful when using the Pokemon Snap thingy. Otherwise it runs pretty well, although I don't think by a huge margin over X/Y especially since this game doesn't even have a 3D mode.

That being said tho, I played on a N3DS without the ability to use CFW so I can't test how much better it will be with the additional power.

Top Bottom