• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Sun / Moon Spoiler-Free Discussion Bunker

Kyzer

Banned
pokemon-sun-moon-rotom-pokedex.JPG

So there's a very high chance that when the demo is released, pretty much everything about the game is going to leak from being data mined. I usually love leak season, especially with new generations, but there's something special about Sun & Moon that makes me want to discover what the game has to offer on my own. To that end, this thread was created for those of us who want to avoid being spoiled but want to continue discussing the game and indulging in pre-release hype. So here's the deal:

Rules
1. NO SPOILERS
2. If it was officially released (for example on pokemon-sunmoon.com, part of the demo itself, or on the pokemon youtube channel), it is not considered a spoiler and we can post about it here and discuss it.
3. No specific new "leaks" discussion here!

Thank you so much OP! This is the thread I needed as I am hyped as hell but want to go in fresh outside of new trailers.

Kyzer

Banned
Thank you so much OP! This is the thread I needed as I am hyped as hell but want to go in fresh outside of new trailers.

Yeah same, Im just hoping we can avoid other posters putting spoilers in thread titles when the time comes. Hopefully mods will be on top of it.

Aleh

First Europe getting the game 5 days later and now the demo likely revealing everything before launch. So sad D:
I need to be strong and not give in to temptation.

Kyzer

Banned
So I assume there is going to be a thread for demo talk and a separate thread for datamine talk?

yeah probably thats how im guessing its gonna go. caveat being people will be talking about both things in both threads, like with most concurrent pokemon threads. all i know is when i get home from work tonight i dont want to have the game spoiled for me lol

ar4757

I've avoided a lot of Sun/Moon info (only watched the first starter trailer)

To play the demo or not to play

I'm gonna play :p

Adzin

Neo Member
Great idea!

I won't be playing the demo myself nor watching any streams, I want the full game to be as fresh as possible.

JoeM86

Just like those Starter evos were definitely fake eh?

Sorry for thinking that an image with no evidence at that time of the starter evos that came 5 months before the game which would have been an unprecedented leak was fake.

Come on.

Syntsui

I doubt they will be stupid enough to commit the same mistake again. There won't be anything relevant to data mine this time.

I think that the default assumption here is that they don't take it out, and the more unlikely case is that they do.

I'm going off a lack of history of GF "cleaning" games, as well as a similar hope they'd do stuff like patch in mythicals later at the start of G6, which didn't happen.

Kyzer

Banned
Sorry for thinking that an image with no evidence at that time of the starter evos that came 5 months before the game which would have been an unprecedented leak was fake.

Come on.

reasonable. joe is like a statistician, he bases everything on patterns and historical precedence. unless we are talking about having high hopes that game freak will decide to scrub the demo for the first time. :p

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
SANCTUARY!
The only thing I want to know form the demo is Komala and Salandit's evolutions, I'd like everything else a surprise, though I don't know if my willpower is that strong.

Edit: In all fairness, the starter leaks were a very very very very very strange occurrence. They had no context, were leaked tremendously early, and had very divisive designs.
I called fake as soon as saw them. Its was just really odd they happened to be real.

Sou Da

SANCTUARY!
The only thing I want to know form the demo is Komala and Salandit's evolutions, I'd like everything else a surprise, though I don't know if my willpower is that strong.

If they do get mined you're not going to get anything more than a name/typing/stats.

Forkball

SANCTUARY!

I highly doubt there we be any unannounced Pokemon in the demo. Even the screenshots and video have shown mostly old Pokemon from other generations. I never played the ORAS demo, but looking at some videos it seems to be a pretty on-rails experience that lasts for maybe an hour or so.

But people are obviously going to datamine it, but what they find is up in the air. I mean you never know. If the whole Pokedex is leaked tomorrow I wouldn't be surprised, but if Game Freak locked it all down then it wouldn't shock me either.

DNAbro

SANCTUARY!

Edit: In all fairness, the starter leaks were a very very very very very strange occurrence. They had no context, were leaked tremendously early, and had very divisive designs.
I called fake as soon as saw them. Its was just really odd they happened to be real.

I thought they were too high quality to be fake which feels weird to say for art. They were just a huge cut above any of the fakes at that point.

Also when should we expect demo to go live first?

JoeM86

Well if it gets mined and there's nothing then please let us know the coast is clear Joe!

You bet.

At the best, if they scrubbed it successfully, we will know

Base stats for: Ash-Greninja, Pikipek, Rockruff and any further Pokémon in the demo
Details for at least one Z Move

Anything the demo gives.

reasonable. joe is like a statistician, he bases everything on patterns and historical precedence. unless we are talking about having high hopes that game freak will decide to scrub the demo for the first time. :p

To be fair, they scrubbed ORAS. They just did a terrible job.

Yesssssss good

About the only thing I'm interested in knowing from a datamine is the rough new Pokémon total. If we have another XY on our hands I need to prepare myself.

1 month 1 day hhhhhhhh

To be fair, they scrubbed ORAS. They just did a terrible job.
Ah - what did they take out and what did they leave in w/r/t Pokemon data, if you don't mind answering?

I recall that there was data on the megas, and Hoopa-U, but not what was taken out.

JoeM86

Ah - what did they take out and what did they leave in w/r/t Pokemon data, if you don't mind answering?

I recall that there was data on the megas, and Hoopa-U, but not what was taken out.

They removed a lot of images and text, but stupidly left in the DexNav/Pokédex images and the entire base stat/moveset table

woopWOOP

This thread mostly just reminded me that the demo's almost out :V Completely forgot!

Anybody going spoiler-free probably shouldn't watch any new official trailer either. You can bet the recommended videos will have massive spoilers right there in the preview images (but only if they manage to get something out of the demo, ofcourse)

Kyzer

Banned
This thread mostly just reminded me that the demo's almost out :V Completely forgot!

Anybody going spoiler-free probably shouldn't watch any new official trailer either. You can bet the recommended videos will have massive spoilers right there in the preview images (but only if they manage to get something out of the demo, ofcourse)

damnit . i cant avoid the entire internet for a month+!

Just checked the German eshop. Not online.
The guy has footage of the demo, though how he got it is unknown. It's in german, but you can choose languages so it's possible it's being played on a different region 3ds, or he might have gotten it via a code for some reason

MomoQca

I've been on a blackout since before E3. Can anyone tell me if I'm able to preload the game now? If so, will it be ready to play at midnight? Or do I have to wait until a certain time? I've never done this before.

GoldStarz

I've been on a blackout since before E3. Can anyone tell me if I'm able to preload the game now? If so, will it be ready to play at midnight? Or do I have to wait until a certain time? I've never done this before.

Not if you don't tell us what region you're in.

Chase17

Edit: Maybe I shouldn't post what has/hasn't leaked (not the specifics of course)

Not sure if that's considered bunker safe

Top Bottom