• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Sun / Moon Spoiler-Free Discussion Bunker

Kyzer

Banned
Good luck you guys.

I'm not staying in this bunker, but you should probably clarify how large of a blackout is covered in this thread.

its in the OP. If its from the demo or officially released its okay. No specifics from any leaks that came out after the thread was created

Kyzer

Banned
So, it's all leaked now? Can't say I'm not surprised, but you'd think GF would've learned from the ORAS demo.

Guess I'm staying in here now. Could somebody PM me the number of new Pokèmon without sharing what any of them are? Thanks!

same please

Regiruler

Me three, please!

Is there any chance there's more content (i.e. pokémon) in the final game that couldn't be found in the demo, or that's not how things work?

Knowing Game Freak? No. And even if game freak didn't historically neglect games post-launch, I doubt new pokemon would be added outside of events.

GoldStarz

I'm just going to put it in a spoiler tag here, let me know if you guys think I should remove it and I will.

The total number of new Pokemon (does not include Alolan Forms):

Dude the literal point of the thread is to NOT post stuff here. Also I already PMed everyone who wanted to know.

ash_ag

I'm not crazy about spoilers and I did look at what leaked, but this thread is going to be useful for Europeans when the games release in other regions. Story spoilers is what I'd like to avoid mostly. In case anyone is wondering, nothing truly major has really leaked. Essentially just Pokémon sprites and some moves.

Were the starter evos legit? Thanks
I find it hilarious that the "spoiler-free" thread so far is being used to ask for spoilers. :p

Zubz

Banned
I'm not crazy about spoilers and I did look at what leaked, but this thread is going to be useful for Europeans when the games release in other regions. Story spoilers is what I'd like to avoid mostly. In case anyone is wondering, nothing truly major has really leaked. Essentially just Pokémon sprites and some moves.

I find it hilarious that the "spoiler-free" thread so far is being used to ask for spoilers. :p

I mean, in the case of the number of Pokemon, the number's kind of a big deal. People were disappointed in XY's low turn-out and wanted to know to expect more or less. It also could've been a dealbreaker for some who wanted to know if they had a lot of unknown Pokemon to expect (So it could be safe to dabble in the leak thread), or if there were only, like, 1 or 2 unknown Pokemon which means they may not have wanted to bother with this thread if there was only a little bit left unrevealed.

In the case of the starters, those popular may-or-may-not-have-been leaks were released back when most people didn't care about having a "leak bunker," so I'm sure a lot of people are fine with knowing about them since there's either no mystery there, or a lot of mystery left. Plus, it could sway people on their starter choices.

Dimmle

Can someone PM me the typing for Litten's final evo if that's known? Literally the only thing I'm curious to know before launch.

Kyzer

Banned
Alola! My initial thoughts on the demo:

Music is S-Rank.

You can encounter wild pokemon by taking their picture!

Love the new overworld graphics. Comfiness is through the roof.

Alola region is so distinct i love it! Getting gen 5 vibes for sure.

Localization is on point. "Rocks on rocks on rocks" "" I guess ill hold this loss"

I LOVE the trial system. Totem pokemon could actually be challenging.

I turned the demo back on and its night time now? Im at mahalo trail

I had another neat discovery but I forgot already...

I just finished the demo and enjoyed it.

I want to read more impressions on the demo, but I don't know if the demo thread is talking about the leaks. Is the demo thread safe, or should I keep avoiding it?

The whole game has seemingly leaked - screens appearing on 4chan.

Only saw as much as in the new thread (3DS menu logo + starter), just warning people.

As posted above the game is starting to leak. There is nothing of any substance at the moment but be careful if you're trying to avoid getting spoiled.

Gengahrrr

I was all in on the data mining spoilers but not this. It's like watching a you play video but worse.

I really wish there was a ignore entire thread setting so I wouldn't be tempted to look.

ash_ag

I was all in on the data mining spoilers but not this. It's like watching a you play video but worse.

I really wish there was a ignore entire thread setting so I wouldn't be tempted to look.

Run this Javascript line on pageload and the thread will disappear before you even knew it existed.

Code:
document.getElementById("td_threadtitle_1309355").parentElement.remove();

You can use Greasemonkey on Firefox or Tampermonkey on Chrome to make the script run only on GAF pages of the Gaming section. Those four includes should cover most (all?) scenarios:

Code:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2*
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?&f=2*
http://m.neogaf.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2*
http://m.neogaf.com/forumdisplay.php?&f=2*

I just tried it with Greasemonkey and it seems to work fine. Not sure how reliable it is for the long run, especially if people keep making new threads. :p
You can make any thread disappear with the code above though. Just replace the thread ID on the 'td_threadtitle_1309355' bit.

Chiramii

I've found shelter! Yes! I ran here as soon as I heard the leak bombs drop. I was afraid I was gonna die on a battlefield of leaks out there. Please keep the door locked, and only open to those that knocks.

Phew...

Kinokou

I'm moving in here as well now. But I followed the demo datamiming so I don't trust myself to post anything :\

Is there an overview of all official reveals?

Razmos

I hate the delay in Europe :(
I'm off for 2 weeks from tomorrow for surgery, and I go back to work on the 23rd, on release day. If it had been released on the 18th like everywhere else I could play it while I'm off :(

Nightbird

I hope this changes TPCi's attitude towards Europe, now that they have seen that the games are gonna get leaked one way or another

Or at least ship the games early god damnit

brinstar

well I just had what I assume to be the final battle spoiled for me because people are uploading everything to youtube and I accidentally saw the video thumbnail.

I'm so annoyed right now, be careful out there

Zubz

Banned
It should be a bannable offense to post spoilers in the thumbnail of a YouTube video. I just spoiled, like, 3 Pokemon from that alone.

Smasher89

Yea, even twitter comments earlier had 1-2 pictures on what I can only assume is spoilers, 13 more days in europe is gonna be hard, kinda tempted to import the japanese version since I do own a japanese 3ds!

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
I find knowing some of the pokemon to be helpful. It helps if I find out if the game has Pokemon I actually like (and this gen is a mixed bag for me) and to know version exclusives. Can we discuss the version exclusives? Seeings how it helps you decide with version to buy.

Edit: i need to learn to read. We can discuss all the officially revealed stuff no problem.

I find knowing some of the pokemon to be helpful. It helps if I find out if the game has Pokemon I actually like (and this gen is a mixed bag for me) and to know version exclusives. Can we discuss the version exclusives? Seeings how it helps you decide with version to buy.

Edit: i need to learn to read. We can discuss all the officially revealed stuff no problem.

here is a chart i found on reddit

http://i.imgur.com/qLueunm.png

all the pokemon on in have been officially revealed but i'll just leave the link

BY2K

Membero Americo
I was watching a Game Grumps video that had nothing to do with Pokémon, my recommendation feed had nothing about Pokémon except for ONE video where the title and thumbnail image itself was a spoiler because it had dialogue from the game.

YouTube fucking knows and it's after me.

Fuck this.

EDIT: Huh so I'm not the only one.

Aleh

well I just had what I assume to be the final battle spoiled for me because people are uploading everything to youtube and I accidentally saw the video thumbnail.

I'm so annoyed right now, be careful out there
Same here goddamn, probably even saw that same thumbnail

Hey guys, serial spoilerphobe here!

Just to fill you in, I know next to nothing about this game. I don't know the towns, regions, characters , I've seen maybe only 10-15 new Pokemon (all starter stages plus some other random ones) and I'd like to keep as many surprises as possible for the release.

So I have a question about the demo. If I play through sun when it is released, can I then play the demo and get the transferable content or do I HAVE to play the demo before I play the main game?

If anyone could give me an answer to that I'd really appreciate it, as I'd much prefer to play through the games totally blind, without any real hint of what lies ahead that may be exposed in the demo.

Cheers!

Top Bottom