• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Foley thing is something straight out of Curb Your Enthusiasm. The absurdity of the situation is so unbelievable I'm having a hard time comprehending that it's real.

Tarkus

2f4c62e0-da5b-4129-8d9c-1815816f4155.gif
giphy.gif

What the fuck is going to happen tomorrow? I mean... what the fuck. What the fuck guys. This shit has been every day just about since the end of the DNC convention. You ever got to hand it to Trump, he continued to find ways to keep his name in the news, and to bury any and all negative stories about Clinton.

What the fuck. I'm surprised that I'm surprised... but I just can't convince myself that this is a normal everyday occur ancestors that Trump says something spectacularly transparently hateful, self sabotaging and/or racist.

What

The

Fuck.

This Foley thing is something straight out of Curb Your Enthusiasm. The absurdity of the situation is so unbelievable I'm having a hard time comprehending that it's real.

Yea, my brain is having a hard time figuring out how this happened.

The timing is just too weird, and just as Trump is rambling on about Hillary's audience.

I have a problem.. I have finally reached the point where I'm numb to Trump fuckery where this Foley shit doesn't even faze me.
That's does sound like a problem. I'm still reeling from his comments tonight. After yesterday you'd think... that... you know. But...

What the fuck... the fuck?

TheFatOne

Oh did we perfect cloning? Because who is this black man on CNN pretending to be Don Lemon. Actually just asked a good follow up question.

Tarkus

Why should someone?

Give us a good reason as to why should someone save this party?
Having two parties (at least), balances our democracy. Not everyone believes what you believe and most of those will never be swayed. Having an attitude that promotes destruction of a party doesn't benefit anyone. Do you want another civil war? You seem to want the bluest of blue ideas flowing through unchecked, but that's not healthy in this country.

Admittedly, there are a lot of "Republicans" who have no fucking clue what it means to be a Republican, and it's these people who are willy-nilly supporting Trump. Yet these people rely on government support and other liberal policies. They're mostly racists and other sorts of shit that you guys associate with rural deep south. That's why this party needs a complete revamping and modernization.

ampere

Having two parties (at least), balances our democracy. Not everyone believes what you believe and most of those will never be swayed. Having an attitude that promotes destruction of a party doesn't benefit anyone. Do you want another civil war? You seem to want the bluest of blue ideas flowing through unchecked, but that's not healthy in this country.

Admittedly, there are a lot of "Republicans" who have no fucking clue what it means to be a Republican, and it's these people who are willy-nilly supporting Trump. Yet these people rely on government support and other liberal policies. They're mostly racists and other sorts of shit that you guys associate with rural deep south. That's why this party needs a complete revamping and modernization.

I agree we'd be better off with two functioning parties, but I think the GoP is beyond saving.

Prob just need a new party to emerge. idk

Fuchsdh

There are plenty of "liberals" and Democrats who are only for liberal ideals as long as they aren't paying for them, or in the case of anti-GMO and anti-backers outright reject the scientific method that should be at the heart of their ideals and progress. Sadly a lack of self-awareness isn't something only one party has a monopoly on (and hence another reason why an opposition party is essential.)

A new party would fill the void. One closer to the average American if history tells us anything. Collapse of a party because it has moved too far away from what your average voter believes is no bad thing imho.

Tarkus

I agree we'd be better off with two functioning parties, but I think the GoP is beyond saving.

Prob just need a new party to emerge. idk
Yes, perhaps an emergence of a new party from the center, much like the Tea Party did from the far right, will be the answer. Unfortunately, it will take a decade or more before it could be viable.

A fiscally conservative party with either a liberal streak on social issues, or a more libertarian stance (at the very least) would be a welcome addition. But, it won't come about until the GOP, as it stands, is made completely irrelevant.

Tarkus

A fiscally conservative party with either a liberal streak on social issues, or a more libertarian stance (at the very least) would be a welcome addition. But, it won't come about until the GOP, as it stands, is made completely irrelevant.
But why do you hate the Log Cabins so much?

Yes, perhaps an emergence of a new party from the center, much like the Tea Party did from the far right, will be the answer. Unfortunately, it will take a decade or more before it could be viable.

The GOP may take a decade to be viable again after this election cycle.

But why do you hate the Log Cabins so much?

Because I cannot square being a gay republican in THIS GOP. I am not what you would call a fiscal conservative, but I appreciate the concept of having checks against the far left. I think fiscal conservatism has a place at the table.

But any gay man, woman or transgender individual who can stand up and support a party who is calling for legalized torture of LGBTQ people is worthy of nothing but derision. And that's me putting my filter on.

Goodstyle

Was watching this blonde Trump surrogate get into a big argument at a media panel, and watching her defend Trump's shit was so much like this SNL skit.

It isn't all that funny, but it is insane how accurate it is.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Oh my god, Hannity's program is just about repeating conspiracy theories about Hillary's health created by Gaters and the Dilbert Guy.

We really need to organize a nationwide "thank you" card drive for people like Hannity after Hillary is elected. Thanking them for a decade of demagoguery that led to Trump, and to her victory.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Because I cannot square being a gay republican in THIS GOP. I am not what you would call a fiscal conservative, but I appreciate the concept of having checks against the far left. I think fiscal conservatism has a place at the table.

But any gay man, woman or transgender individual who can stand up and support a party who is calling for legalized torture of LGBTQ people is worthy of nothing but derision. And that's me putting my filter on.

Tons of people of all strips are selfish assholes, it's as simple as that.

Hannity had David Clarke on, Clarke called Hillary "Mrs. Bill Clinton" and then said Hillary was morally repugnant for having defended a child rapist... when she was a defense attorney.

This show is like sniffing gasoline.

So is the game plan for the media to just alternate between completely negative articles about the two candidates and then ask "but why does the country hate them so much and why is the country so polarized?"

This is just getting annoying at this point.

Tons of people of all strips are selfish assholes, it's as simple as that.

True enough.

But I cannot for the life of me understand how an LGBT person can stand by the GOP after the most recent platform. It's beyond the pale. If they value money more than their right to exist, then.....I have nothing nice to say about them.

Paskil

We have two very representative parties for America at the moment. One is sane, one is insane. They both pull a significant number of members towards their ideology, but quite a few individuals just happen to fall somewhere in between the two ideological poles. I happen to consider myself very sane and will be, of course, voting for my party candidate, Hillary Clinton.

Tarkus

The GOP may take a decade to be viable again after this election cycle.
This is what I predicted earlier in this thread:
Tarkus said:
The Republicans will have no control of anything for the next 12-16 years. And only then, if the party has been completely dismantled and reformed.

Fair. To be honest, myself and my conservative lesbian friend are the only (R) people I know in GA who fully support gay rights. We're trying my friend. This party today is not what it will be after the Clinton years (I'm hoping) :)

This is what I predicted earlier in this thread:

Fair. To be honest, myself and my conservative lesbian friend are the only people I know in GA who fully support gay rights. We're trying my friend. This party today is not what it will be after the Clinton years :)

And, to me, gay rights are an easy sell to a party that supposedly wants less government intervention in people's lives. Like, I'm actually for the government keeping it's nose out of my bedroom and life. I fully support that. But, because the GOP is beholden to the Religious Right, you all can't do anything about it.

ampere

Shit, any person at all regardless of orientation or gender identity

Preach

If I was asked to create the most ironically hilarious way for Trump to turn the "Hillary let a terrorist's father have a prime seat" story against himself, I'm not sure I could have come up with something better than what reality provided.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
And, to me, gay rights are an easy sell to a party that supposedly wants less government intervention in people's lives. Like, I'm actually for the government keeping it's nose out of my bedroom and life. I fully support that. But, because the GOP is beholden to the Religious Right, you all can't do anything about it.

Yep, the hypocrisy of that is what bugs me about the modern Republican platform the most. Small government when it comes to gun rights and making the rich richer, for government expansion when it comes to curbing reproductive rights, denying equal rights to gays, disenfranchising minority voters. Against national debt except when they are in power and expand it greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom