• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PR: Nintendo Publishing Devil's Third in the Americas, Valhalla Game Studios on PC

Head.spawn

This game looks like a train-wreck and I doubt it'll hold a candle to GunZ2, but if I see this on a Steam sale, I'll be sure to add to my cart.

So for the few who were planning to get this for Wii U are there any who won't because they'll play it on PC?

I'm in for Wii U if it's $40 or less.

They wasted more money on this thanks to fan outcry. Thanks, guys.
might still get it, would've preferred a retail release for FFV, tho

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
PC at least guarantees that the framerate issues can probably be worked around via mods?

I'm expecting Fatal Frame to hit in October for obvious reasons.

im expecting an october 30th release date right before Halloween since nintendo likes friday release dates now. Still crazy that NOA is publishing 13 games in the last 4 months of the year but we cant get anything int he summer >.<

Pokemaniac

Can it be?
by-the-time-nintendo-nx-launches-wii-u-and-3ds-will-have-lived-long-lives-1115760.jpg

Naaah

If you actually check out the context behind that slide, It's clear that the only thing they're talking about doing with PC is providing access to account based services. The presentation that that slide is from does not at all imply that Nintendo is going to release games on PC.

Between Sept and Dec its 8 1st party games coming out but nothing from June to Aug smh

Even crazier is there are only two 2016 first-party releases (including Zelda) announced. Only one in Japan. I can't believe somebody hasn't asked why Nintendo doesn't have a single first half 2016 Wii U game.

Even crazier is there are only two 2016 first-party releases (including Zelda) announced. Only one in Japan. I can't believe somebody hasn't asked why Nintendo doesn't have a single first half 2016 Wii U game.

i strongly believe mario tennis will get pushed back to take the jan feb slot the holidays are really crowded this year for every publisher.

With how much we've heard about the game being bad I'm surprised they are even bothering, and beyond that the game is destined to be a bigger flop than Bayo 2.

greg400

Banned
With how much we've heard about the game being bad I'm surprised they are even bothering, and beyond that the game is destined to be a bigger flop than Bayo 2.

Bayonetta 2 sold over half a million units on a console with a very small install base and is approaching the levels that Bayonetta 1 sold on PS3 and 360 (around 1m each). It really wasn't a flop and did rather well all things considered.

kunonabi

So for the few who were planning to get this for Wii U are there any who won't because they'll play it on PC?

I'm in for Wii U if it's $40 or less.

I'm sticking with Wii U regardless of price. I'm not a fan of f2p stuff, I don't play PC games, and I want the single-player mode.

crinale

Now the question is, will console and PC version have shared multiplayer? I mean if PC version has mouse support, then..

i strongly believe mario tennis will get pushed back to take the jan feb slot the holidays are really crowded this year for every publisher.

That was the game I posted in which game would get delay thread too.

Best Buy has a Mario pin offer for preordering two Nintendo games. Mario Maker, Star Fox, Yoshi, Xenoblade and originally Amiibo Party (there aren't taking preorders anymore) were listed. Mario Tennis is absent.

The thing is though that another game that has Mario playing sports (Olympic Games) is releasing early 2016. Would be a bit of cannibilization.

impact

Banned
No point in the PC version honestly.

Though the news around this game recently seems bigger than the game itself.

duckroll

Whatever is happening behind the scenes for this game, I hope one day we get a book on it. Should be really interesting stuff. :p

I noticed this in the press release...

To spread “Devil’s Third” around the world, this game service will run from September 2015 onwards, in various regions around the world following the release of the Wii U version in each region.

In consideration of cultural characteristics in each region, the content is being optimized via co-development with local publishers. Service territories and the details of game content will be announced accordingly.

It sounds like even the F2P PC version might not be launching in the US before the WiiU release if this is the case. It also sounds like the sort of thing which is targeting Asian and Russian markets rather than US/EU/JP, especially with the talk about it being "optimized via co-development with local publishers".

I remember way back when they tied up with a South Korean publisher/developer to work on the game for tablets and PC, I suppose even though that company closed down they found other partners? Really odd.

Free: Apparently the price it takes for me to care about Devil's Third.

I'm in for some PC shit, that should rectify those awful frame-rate issues of the Wii U version and hell, free is free.

Clov

Well, that settles that! Interesting to see that they decided to publish it after all. Hopefully if this is getting a retail release Fatal Frame V will end up getting one as well.

Durante

The Wii U version will feature a full multiplayer mode as well as an exciting single-player story mode, while the free-to-start PC version will offer a multiplayer experience tailored for the platform.
I kind of dislike the implication that "an exciting single-player story mode" is not "tailored for the [PC] platform".

Anteater

Wait PC? Were there any hints of that before or is this out of nowhere?

The game was originally planned for pc before they moved to Wii U as far as I know, I think most just assumed that version is cancelled with the 360/ps3 ver since Nintendo was the publisher.

KHlover

Banned
No point in the PC version honestly.

Though the news around this game recently seems bigger than the game itself.

You mean besides keeping the game in the news, potentially getting people interested in the SP on WiiU and making revenue from however they decide to monetize the game?

duckroll

I kind of dislike the implication that "an exciting single-player story mode" is not "tailored for the [PC] platform".

I think it's saying that the online specifications are tailored to the platform (probably more players at the same time, and the F2P design), not that it is online only because of the PC platform.

Top Bottom