• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project M 3.0 |OT| More Smash Bros. is a good thing

Firehead

Should note that it's possible to get to work on the Wii U in the OT. And that it's possible to use a GCN controller with it; it just requires a GCN to Wii converter. (Though, I don't believe the trigger are recognised as analogue. Instead, digital. Unless they found a way to get them to work within the past couple months.)) :)

Also, fuck yeah! Bring it!

shaowebb

6mdE2T2.jpg

He can L cancel again for pressure, his moves function like his melee move counterparts so they are safer, he can ledge recover off of flame choke. My main shall be played soon.

Same here. I'm exciting about Ganondorf as well.

My man. Didn't know anyone else here was a Dorfer. Love me some grab loops and my GOD the melee move functionality is something I can't wait to explore. Bound to be faster (especially down air) this time around.
TqGw1Qu.gif

Also I have no clue why people were as down on Ness as they were aside from his upsmash. I was actually good with PK thunder because I could steer it and knew how to stay out. There are only certain distances to use it from, but if you know them and can control it he's frustrating.

Them improving PK Thunder and giving me the ability to MOVE during PK air fire means yall are about to see some harsh shit out of my Back up Ness. Especially because he has his double jump working like in Melee again! Are their tourneys, or local scenes dedicated to Project M?

sinxtanx

Should note that it's possible to get to work on the Wii U in the OT. And that it's possible to use a GCN controller with it; it just requires a GCN to Wii converter. (Though, I don't believe the trigger are recognised as analogue. Instead, digital. Unless they found a way to get them to work within the past couple months.)) :)

Also, fuck yeah! Bring it!

Good call. Edited.

Moonlight

Banned
All they needed to say was Samus. Never actually played Project M before, but if this is as good as it sounds, I think I might bother going through the hoops for it.

Revven

Are their tourneys, or local scenes dedicated to Project M?

Absolutely, you just have to do some looking around (probably on Smashboards). Apex 2014 is having a P:M singles event and it's already exceeded expectations (they've had to raise the cap on it twice, the final cap now being 256 players).

With all the talk of Ganondorf:

Would you guys be into it if the current Gdorf moveset was given to Black Shadow (from F-Zero) and the Project M BR designed a new move set for Ganondorf based more closely around the Zelda games?

Gazoinks

I am hyped for this oh yes. Looking forward to that thar release.

Would you guys be into it if the current Gdorf moveset was given to Black Shadow (from F-Zero) and the Project M BR designed a new move set for Ganondorf based more closely around the Zelda games?

I would be absolutely okay with that. I've actually thought in the past about a Ganon moveset that made him actually play like how I felt Ganon should play.

Arttemis

Holy shit, I didn't even realize this was playable via a Wii (as opposed to Dolphin Emu only)! I just moved last month and decided to keep the Wii packed, but it looks like I will have to end up hooking up that machine to play this!

The DDOS bullcrap going on in the Smash community is really annoying.

quick, let's bet which of the following parties is responsible:
1. salty "purist" who thinks competitive play is for losers
2. FGC dude who hates Smash and thinks it's not a fighting game
3. someone who just hates all things Nintendo-related
4. someone with a personal beef with Alex Strife
5. a troll
6. Mango

Blues1990

Kirby & Princess Peach have been my mains since I played SMBM with my pals back in 2001, so you can tell that I'm excited to see how the pink puffball handles in Project X 3.0.

Blues1990

I bet you hated how both of them were average at best in Brawl

Without a doubt, especially when I was in a Brawl Tournament that was filled with players that we're using Snake, Diddy Kong, & Falco. I was able to make it to fourth place (out of a group of 32 contestants), though that was probably due to how how over-confident half of my opponents were.

Which is why I'm excited/worried with how the characters are going to be balanced in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo Wii U & 3DS.

Cody_D165

Banned
Nice OT.

I'm totally
not
going to main the fuck out of ROB's Virtual Boy costume.

In all seriousness though, I'm super excited to see how Roy handles. I used to play him all the time as a kid. He's got that Marth down-air now so that's a stars!

SmithnCo

So are Dr. Mario and Mario separate or is Doc just a skin?

Cause I loved me some Doc back in the day.

It's a skin, but Mario has some moves that are more like Dr. Mario, so he's like a combination of the two. Plus the Dr. Mario skin has capsules instead of fireballs which is a nice touch.

This'll definitely hold me over till Smash Wii U!

Any chances this will have online in any sort or form? Like even if we could get like Xlink or something going that'd be hotttttt lol.

SmithnCo

This'll definitely hold me over till Smash Wii U!

Any chances this will have online in any sort or form? Like even if we could get like Xlink or something going that'd be hotttttt lol.

2.6 has an online version so this should too I think.

Does anyone know if in 3.0 Turbo will be online or if it's still local only?

Tookay

Yes. I've been advocating that for a long time.

I remember suggesting that back in the old Dojo threads for Brawl. I'd still want to use a Ganondorf skin though, these moves may not accurately reflect his character from the Zelda series, but he looks awesome pulling them off.

Then again, Flame Choke in particular isn't that out of character...

doemaaan

Mods are illegal! Nintendo will C&D this!
Yes, this can be a problem. If they actually do it. Which they haven't done for any of the gazillions of legal Brawl mods out there. The Project M team has been very careful to not include any characters new to SSB4 or indeed any characters that were not in Melee/Brawl, so as to not compete directly with Nintendo.

Gah!... I want to see what those guys are capable of creating from scratch.

I remember suggesting that back in the old Dojo threads for Brawl. I'd still want to use a Ganondorf skin though, these moves may not accurately reflect his character from the Zelda, but he looks awesome pulling them off.

Then again, Flame Choke in particular isn't that out of character...
Flame Choke always reminded me of how he grabs and strangles Tetra (and maybe Link during the final boss fight?) in WW, so it was a nice start towards him getting a proper moveset in Brawl. After playing him a ton in Project M after barely touching the characte rin Melee or Brawl, I feel though a lot of his normal's could be re-animated while he's holding his sword or even integrate his sword without looking out of character for him nor having to dramatically change up the 'slower falcon' approach Melee vets liked about him.

I still really want Warlock Punch to be replaced with those hit-able energy balls though, playing tennis mid-match in Smash would be hilarious.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Turbo look super fun.

Flame Choke always reminded me of how he grabs and strangles Tetra (and maybe Link during the final boss fight?) in WW, so it was a nice start towards him getting a proper moveset in Brawl. After playing him a ton in Project M after barely touching the characte rin Melee or Brawl, I feel though a lot of his normal's could be re-animated while he's holding his sword or even integrate his sword without looking out of character for him nor having to dramatically change up the 'slower falcon' approach Melee vets liked about him.

I still really want Warlock Punch to be replaced with those hit-able energy balls though, playing tennis mid-match in Smash would be hilarious.

It kinda happened in Brawl Minus or something like that. It's broken, imo.

NewGame

Banned
I mained Zelda in the previous Project build. She was amazing to play with so many options. I really hope Smash4 is something like this.

DedValve

Banned
So quick question, does anyone here use dolphin on a laptop?

I'm looking at either the latest Macbook pro or lenovo yoga 2, something nice and sleek and all I really care about is basically this.

Brawl has been collecting dust in the closet for quite some time but I'm willing to try out this new project M, seems fun as hell.

Top Bottom