• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project M 3.0 |OT| More Smash Bros. is a good thing

Dragoshi1

Hopefully it still fits on a 2GB card, I cannot wait!

They added tons of Yoshi colors, including BLACK, which is obviously the best color.

Jaeger

A few more Alts and new extra colors.

796p.png

f9yt.png

tyxd.png

qmxt.png

Also, Kirby's Mewtwo (Disable) and Roy hats.

3zzx.png

Revven

What is turbo mode?

It's basically a Special VS mode where you can cancel any move on-hit. So, if you hit with a jab on someone, you can either cancel that move into an Up B or another jab or a Forward Tilt and then from that move you can cancel that into another move as long as you hit them with it.

It also works on shields.

Basically, it allows you to do crazy ass combos and it's overall meant to be a fun and crazy mode.

TDLink

Pirate Pikachu seems really lazy/not much of an alternate costume when compared to all of the others. I mean, it still looks good but isn't really something different like the other alts.

Hello.

Banned
If you don't have enough space on your SD Card your best bet is to remove the included custom music as it takes the most space and it won't detriment the mod itself.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It'll almost assuredly still be under 1GB. Don't have the exact file size atm but it'll still fit for those sized SD Cards.

Alright, thanks!

If you don't have enough space on your SD Card your best bet is to remove the included custom music as it takes the most space and it won't detriment the mod itself.

That would work for me since I don't really care about music.

Village

YO!

Wanna try this out, can I still replace costumes and people in Project M with out messing up the set up . Because DK has to go.

For reasons

<<<<

Also I plan to extract everything, so also that.

Project M @ProjectMelee
We're aware of the site being down right now, please do not constantly refresh it -- we're working to fix it in time for release.
9:57 AM - 9 Dec 2013

Is it known at all if Sakurai is aware of this mod and if so what he thinks about it? I'm really hoping the next Smash is more like Melee.

ALM5252

Is it known at all if Sakurai is aware of this mod and if so what he thinks about it? I'm really hoping the next Smash is more like Melee.

From what we seen, the game play for SSB4 is a lot faster than Brawl. It obviously won't have wave-dashing, and I think that's fine. Brawl would have benefited from faster game play and little more hit-stun for combos. Nothing is known if L-canceling will return. It was in both 64 and Melee. Maybe it can return? Either way, SSB4 looks promising on the game play front.

Jaeger

From what we seen, the game play for SSB4 is a lot faster than Brawl. It obviously won't have wave-dashing, and I think that's fine. Brawl would have benefited from faster game play and little more hit-stun for combos. Nothing is known if L-canceling will return. It was in both 64 and Melee. Maybe it can return? Either way, SSB4 looks promising on the game play front.

Yea, Smash 4's gameplay looks really good. A huge step in the right direction. I don't need it to be Melee 2, I just don't want to trip randomly every 5 seconds, and I could do without the floaty gameplay.

Smash 4 looks good so far. Brawl really just needed to remove tripping and have more hitstun with some faster gameplay.

solomon

I can't find the tweet but a couple weeks someone who works at Nintendo and has contact with sakurai said he is fully aware of the competitive scene and PM and does not mind. (Trying my best to find the tweet :( )

ALM5252

I can't find the tweet but a couple weeks someone who works at Nintendo and has contact with sakurai said he is fully aware of the competitive scene and PM and does not mind. (Trying my best to find the tweet :( )

Haha, that's cool. After about 2-3 years of SSB4, if it doesn't live up to expectations of the competitive fanbase, Project M U should come out. They can contact Sakurai. :p

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Copy pasta coz it's not gonna replied there. Not really a fan of the mod but the discussion has moved here
Except those are just that - shoulder pads and red scarf. Hell, SF2 Wolf doesn't even have an eyepatch. The rest are just fanart. That's not "accurate" at all.

Like I said, the closest we got is in Brawl that combines the SF2 look and his Assault look.
We don't even know what 64 Wolf looks like. Your argument only holds water on Wolf's shoulder pads, head accessories/looks, and scarf. The rest are merely fan interpretations. That's what I'm getting at. Wolf has no official full body image until Assault.

And actually Wolf's Assault and Command looks are the same. Brawl follows Assault + SF2 while having its own flavor because while it uses his Assault's design, it follows the upper clothing of SF2 (shoulder pads rather than an enclosed collar).

And nope, only Wolf follows his Assault look. Fox and Falco all are based in 64 and Command with some original touches. Neither use their Assault looks.

The closest we got of a body shot of Wolf was in a (non-canon) comic in Spanish about Star Fox 64.

Anony

when this comes out, can someone make a premade sdcard file for dolphin with all the project m files on it?

solomon

Haha, that's cool. After about 2-3 years of SSB4, if it doesn't live up to expectations of the competitive fanbase, Project M U should come out. They can contact Sakurai. :p

Honestly I'm sort of scared for this, if smash 4 fails to be competitive, the scene will be in trouble, and all those saying 10 more years of melee getting crt's and gamecube controller is gunna get hard, also as a whole we will never grow. At this point all fighting games have moved on their successors, we can't forever be stuck in the past; yeah sure we can wait for the game to get modded but I highly doubt outside of our tournaments a mod will be used.

Jaeger

Copy pasta coz it's not gonna replied there. Not really a fan of the mod but the discussion has moved here

The closest we got of a body shot of Wolf was in a (non-canon) comic in Spanish about Star Fox 64.

I guess what I am getting at is simply this; We know this PM 3.0 Alt is based on his Star Fox 2 mug/chat look. We know because of the giant red scar, red top, and rounded spiked shoulder pads, all of which is easy to spot in his Star Fox 2 image.

We know all Star Fox characters wear spacey boots and pants, as of this point in the storyline.

Saying this looks "Fanart tier" is an obvious negative remark, as if this doesn't portray an accurate view on how his full body may have looked had it been shown to us at that point.

You say that as if he's wearing some kind of wonky LAZER Suit or Guyver armor. He's wearing typcally what all of them wear every time, and that's boots, pants, and some kind of coat/vest. What ties it to his SF2 look is the Eye Scar, Red Shirt, and Spiked pads.

Top Bottom