• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus games for February: Yakuza 4, Transistor, Rogue Legacy, more (NA&EU)

MMaRsu

Banned
The weirdest thing...

I got Transistor and Rogue Legacy at the same time, and for some reason Rogue had the same icon art as Transistor. The game worked fine so it didn't really mean much to me. But as I was playing I started to notice the trophies had weird names. Turns out I'm somehow unlocking trophies for Transistor by playing Rogue. I'm 30% complete and I haven't even played the game yet. How does something like that even happen?

You downloaded them both while your ps4 was in rest mode?

I havent encountered this issue myself but redownload both games and it should work out.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Rogue Legacy might be my favorite game from PSN Plus / Games With Gold, fighting with Battleblock Theater for the spot. It manages to juggle being both difficult and not frustrating so well.

Hag

Rogue Legacy is glitched on vita? The save icon never disappeared when I played for the first time today. It's really fucking annoying

Tizoc

I instantly got frustrated with Rogue Legacy.
Am I supposed to be dying 10 times in a row, each within a minute of entering the castle?

The idea is to play long enough, accumulate as much gold and items possible, then use those acquired stuff to upgrade your character so that your next playthrough is less harder.

The idea is to play long enough, accumulate as much gold and items possible, then use those acquired stuff to upgrade your character so that your next playthrough is less harder.

Trouble is though after a while I just hit a brick wall and couldn't get enough gold to upgrade anything. And at that point all the game was giving me is death after death with no progression which imo isn't very fun. And I'm normally half decent at 2d platformers. Different strokes for different folks I guess!

Cess007

Am I supposed to be dying 10 times in a row, each within a minute of entering the castle?

Happened to me the first try i played it. Got like 10 deaths before i could visit more than 2 rooms. After i restarted my profile, the next attempt i focused more on dodging enemies and breaking stuff so i can get coins at the beginning. Once you upgrade your sword and get a Barbarian son/daughter, you can start to last much longer in the castle.

Trouble is though after a while I just hit a brick wall and couldn't get enough gold to upgrade anything. And at that point all the game was giving me is death after death with no progression which imo isn't very fun. And I'm normally half decent at 2d platformers. Different strokes for different folks I guess!

Look for the runes. Some of them increase the amount of gold you can get from coins. And you can equip more than one at the same time.

Happened to me the first try i played it. Got like 10 deaths before i could visit more than 2 rooms. After i restarted my profile, the next attempt i focused more on dodging enemies and breaking stuff so i can get coins at the beginning. Once you upgrade your sword and get a Barbarian son/daughter, you can start to last much longer in the castle.

Look for the runes. Some of them increase the amount of gold you can get from coins. And you can equip more than one at the same time.

Thank you. Will probably give the game another shot.

bsod

Banned

What level have you gotten to / how much gold are you getting on average per run?

That's the idea behind the genre. Each death progresses the overall character/gear/upgrades. So each successive run will get longer and more lucrative until you finally just wreck the whole castle.

This was my first foray into this genre, and I felt the same way at first, but then I realized that I was supposed to be dying a bunch and progessing that way. Once you accept that, you'll get a better idea of whether you like the genre or not. I personally ended up loving that game and am interested in the genre now.

How do you get the cross save to work for Rogue Legacy? Trying to sync my PS4 save to Vita

It's sort of broken at the moment - they mentioned on Twitter it's because so many people are playing it. They released a patch I believe but are waiting for Sony to turn their servers back on - chances are it's still being hammered by traffic.

It's sort of broken at the moment - they mentioned on Twitter it's because so many people are playing it. They released a patch I believe but are waiting for Sony to turn their servers back on - chances are it's still being hammered by traffic.

I see. I noticed there was a patch when I got home,thought it would fix it then so I thought I was doing something wrong. Thanks

TraBuch

Banned
I'm starting to think that Yakuza just has too many minigames. It's fine when it's optional, but things like the hostess maker mission just take me out of the game. Is there any more mandatory minigame stuff after you dress up Lily?

Demon Ice

Banned
QaWAohG.png

I love Transistor

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
So I just finally booted up Transistor. Wow it gives off a horrible opinion right off the bat.. just not feeling it at all.

Time to try Apotheon.. but have a feeling I'm not going to like it much better.

Rogue Legacy is still ace though.

So far Apotheon is better.. but feels sorta flash-gamey.

I dont know why, but Rogue Legacy is annoyingly addictive and this is from someone who doesnt really enjoy these 2D/indie type titles anymore lol.

What do you guys think the March offering will be? ... I'm desperately hoping it's shadow of mordor/killzone or some big game other than Sleeping Dogs lol

Megatron

I dont know why, but Rogue Legacy is annoyingly addictive and this is from someone who doesnt really enjoy these 2D/indie type titles anymore lol.

What do you guys think the March offering will be? ... I'm desperately hoping it's shadow of mordor/killzone or some big game other than Sleeping Dogs lol

Hopefully it's never KillZone. That game is a turd.

Helldivers is being heavily hinted. That and an older game (something like Octodad, Child of Light or maybe Costume Quest 2) seems likely for ps4.

score01

I finished up transistor today. After all the hype I found it difficult to get in to but something eventually clicked towards the end. Enjoyed the second play through when you have most of the functions much more than the first and was a pretty easy platinum in the end.

Moobabe

Can't get into rogue Legacy, everyone seems to praise it to high heaven, I just dont get it

I didn't either man - but when I did get it... it's constantly on my Vita now.

Had a go at Rogue Legacy, died a million times, not sure if I'll play it again. Is it a difficult game or do I just suck?

BOTH! But keep going.

I'm not sure how frequently they do this but Child of Light is on sale right now so it would be a bummer if that was the free game in a week.

I wouldn't be shocked at all...

Top Bottom