• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ Price Rise

Midas

As long as Sony keeps giving good PS Plus months, 99 cents movie rentals, the insane deals and added extras such as the $15 bak if you spend a certain amount, I'll be happy supporting this infrastructure. I am also a huge online player, so I kind of don't have a choice lol.

Sony is up there with Steam with the awesome monthly game deals.

They gotta branch out though. If they implement refunds, 20% on pre-orders, and are more apparent with Rewards / cash back (not just put it in extreme small letters in the adds hoping no ones sees it), so that members can benefit thoroughly...then its going to be the best competitive service out there.

There really needs to be a refund options for preorders. If I preorder a game and it won't be released in another three months. Why can't I just cancel the preorder and get my money back? Extremely weird.

KORNdoggy

You bizarrely cut the part where I say that Sony likely incentivizes Plus exclusive discounts to tell me that Sony likely incentivizes Plus discounts.

Okay.

and you bizarrely ignore the part where i say discounts across the board results in lower profits, despite you thinking companies would want to "offer everyone the best deals". that isn't how business works. it's why sales typically have expiration dates.

EDIT: i honestly think this price hike is due to the pound being so weak after brexit.

Shock32

There really needs to be a refund options for preorders. If I preorder a game and it won't be released in another three months. Why can't I just cancel the preorder and get my money back? Extremely weird.

Yep, refund it back the the wallet. I don't see why that's an issue unless it's not feasible on the PSN.

Arion

and you bizarrely ignore the part where i say discounts across the board results in lower profits, despite you thinking companies would want to "offer everyone the best deals". that isn't how business works. it's why sales typically have expiration dates.

EDIT: i honestly think this price hike is due to the pound being so weak after brexit.

The price is also increasing for the rest of europe so i doubt it's got anything to do with brexit.

UAE PS+

JsNLPBq.png

PowderedToast

That somehow excuses Sony for all of this? It's pretty clear that console gamers are willing to put up with a lot of crap before they demand change.
definitely not. I refuse to get ps+ and have done since they gated online

this is a good opportunity to kick up a storm actually, if there ever was one

In euro, a quarter (25 euro) is more expensive than 3 single months (24 euro) LOL

Same in India lmao.

- Annually, the price will change from Rs 3,999.00 to Rs 4,439.00 per annum.
- Quarterly, the price will change from Rs 1,599.00 to Rs 1,869.00 per quarter.<
- Monthly, the price will change from Rs 576.00 to Rs 599.00 per month.

Somebody failed at Math?

mocoworm

Jelly Deals: Here's where you can get PlayStation Plus before the price increase
Save some pennies on Plus.
(UK)

Click on article for links:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...et-playstation-plus-before-the-price-increase

12-month PlayStation Plus memberships
£29.86 from ShopTo
£35.64 from Play-Asia
£33.89 from CDKeys
£39.99 from Amazon UK
£40 from Tesco Direct
£39.99 from Argos

3-month PlayStation Plus memberships
£14.72 from Play-Asia
£14.89 from CDKeys
£14.99 from Amazon UK
£14.99 from Tesco Direct
£14.99 from Argos

Jacknapes

Most places have already increased their PS+ prices, the Shopto one is now £37. CDKeys is the same, however if you use their facebook page you get a code for (i think) 5% off, so it comes to £36.

I decided to buy another PS+ code now, so i'm good for a while.

Novocaine

I think it's because Destiny 2 out is next month and they know they'll get away with it.

Sony got too greedy this gen. I really hope they underperform in sales next gen, otherwise they'll just keep trying to wring more money out of everyone.

It's weird that Sony made paying for multiplayer mandatory this gen and also went up in the price in the same gen.

I was debating if I should renew for the multiplayer around the time they announced it'll go up 10$ for NA and that's when I lol and said to myself fuck this! It's not worth the price of a new AAA game. It was barely worth the price of 50$. I have no intention of ever subbing to Playstation Plus again.

On the other hand

I'll be buying years worth of subs to Nintendo's online network when it's available so I haven't learned my lesson.

Trago

we're well beyond demanding that. nintendo fans have an opportunity to change something on their platform since they've never been charged for online before, create petitions and stuff the same way everyone did to create the u-turn for MS. once you're in a subscription service though it's quite hard to back out cold turkey, especially one as deeply ingrained as PS+ or XBL, and that is ultimately the only option people have when it comes to them. what if you only own a PS4. what if you play online daily? are you just going to pack up your bags and leave over a £50 a year sub fee and go buy a £1000 PC to avoid it?

Actually yes it is better to jump ship to make a point. When Sony bumped the price of Plus in the states, they had the brass balls to call it a "World class service". There's nothing world class about locking part of your game behind a paywall.

After introducing the paywall and then increasing the price in less than four years, the only way to really make a point is not subscribe or jump ship to PC.

Uh never bought it before...was tempted to do it recently, now no fucking way

Im only interested in the MP part....not in renting digital games. I rent games for free from the library 1 month at the time, picked up dark souls 3 today. New games are usually avaible within just some month...(sweden)

Still prefer to own games

PC is not an option, have a equalent pc to ps4 in 2017 is at least 3x the price here

Playing MP is expensive it seems, hence why ps3 will remain my favorit console

Welp, if I look on the bright side, at least I managed to get £84 worth of PSN credit for £42 today because of these mark-ups.

Smasher89

So, I saw a thread earlier that mentioned the games in the japanese ps+ us ysyakky betterm would subscribing on the japanese version make the old eu subscription games still not playable when the eu subscription runs out?

Was kinda interested in getting some fightinggames for my ps4, i do have ps+ now but prob will let it run out again, meaning the longevity for those games are hurt and havent bought them for that reason. (on the ps3 the fightinggames i sometimes try to play online, has empty rooms, which aint nice).

zoodoo

That's why, every gen, I always go with the struggling console first. The wining company is always arrogant and greedy and the losing one tries to attract people by offering good deals and services.

The only company that rule does not apply to is Nintendo. They do the same shit either they are behind or not.

Eylos

Banned
They still didn't announced that in the latam, after they fucked up with Just cause 3, they are thinking in how to tell another bad news

xabbott

I rarely play Playstation games online but I keep buying PS+ because they locked cloud saves on it. What's worse is that the cloud saves aren't done as well as the free cloud save features of Steam and XBL.

That's why, every gen, I always go with the struggling console first. The wining company is always arrogant and greedy and the losing one tries to attract people by offering good deals and services.
I don't see this happening. PSN has massive deals all the time. Sony has the biggest and most varied lineup of exclusives.

xabbott

I don't see this happening. PSN has massive deals all the time. Sony has the biggest and most varied lineup of exclusives.

Not saying I completely agree with him. But I would imagine people who feel that way now felt that way during PS3 era. Some would say PS+ was even better during PS3.

Anticol

Banned
Ok ps+ now is not worth it for me, pretty bad games compared to ps3 era, I dont play any multiplayer and now this more expensive.

Rolf NB

It's also for the Euro :(

Just got the mail:
- De prijs op jaarbasis verandert van €49,99 naar €59,99 per jaar.
- De prijs op kwartaalbasis verandert van €19,99 naar €24,99 per kwartaal.
- De prijs op maandbasis verandert van €6,99 naar €7,99 per maand.

Same email, Spain.
From 49,99€ to 59,99€
19'99€ to 24,99€ three months.
6,99€ to 7,99€ month
So three months are now actually more expensive than three months.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I guess this only applies to Europe? Hm, i was wondering why NA got a price rise and not EU

Karanlos

Will the Play-asia / shopto codes work on accounts outside of UK or are they UK only?
If not any got a good place for codes that work in nordic countries too?

kmax

It's hilarious that 3 separate months are cheaper than the 3 month plan.

Jesus Sony, get your shit together. If you want to nickel and dime your customers, at least do it in style. Embarrassing.

LoveCake

Hmm that is some increase, I wonder why though, what are the numbers for people using/subbing to PSN+, have they gone up or down in the last year?

If the numbers are up then why increase as Sony will be getting more money to cover the costs, if the numbers are down then this rise will push more away from PSN+.

I wonder if Sony are just seeing how far they can push people.

I picked up that Amazon Prime Day PSN+ offer, mine doesn't run out until August 2019 so it's not worth me getting any cheap now.

Top Bottom