• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ Price Rise

holygeesus

Banned
It was and they did for years, same as Nintendo and PC.

Never on the PS4 though.

What they *should* do is offer two tiers of PS+. One free option which 'just' offers the multiplayer ability at it's very most basic, then the PS++ option with all the bells and whistles and free games. Make it an upgrade rather than compulsory.

This is the point I was trying to make earlier though, before being bombarded with frog pictures - 5.99 a month or 6.99. You are either against the practise or you suck it up and pay. It's pretty much a con either way, but I don't think that extra money would suddenly make me give up a service I reluctantly pay for anyway, especially when I'm paying hundreds and hundreds of pounds a year on games. It's inconsequential in comparison.

Novocaine

Never on the PS4 though.

What they *should* do is offer two tiers of PS+. One free option which 'just' offers the multiplayer ability at it's very most basic, then the PS++ option with all the bells and whistles and free games. Make it an upgrade rather than compulsory.

This is the point I was trying to make earlier though, before being bombarded with frog pictures - 5.99 a month or 6.99. You are either against the practise or you suck it up and pay. It's pretty much a con either way, but I don't think that extra money would suddenly make me give up a service I reluctantly pay for anyway, especially when I'm paying hundreds and hundreds of pounds a year on games. It's inconsequential in comparison.

I think they could at the very least improve their online infrastructure and/or start to offer less shovelware with this price hike but I don't think they'll do that because no matter what millions of people will still subscribe. Probably why they won't offer tiered subscription models either.

-Horizon-

Just give me the option to only pay for cloud saves and I guess ps+ sales savings.

I don't even want ps+ free games since I never get around to them and even if I do, they're tied to me still paying for the service or else it would be locked.

I don't play online multiplayer either.

The jump from $50 to $60 is already unjustified for me.

hohoXD123

Thanks for bringing some perspective to this thread. :)

You're right. No matter how much Sony increases the price for PlayStation Plus, it will always be peanuts compared to the money you have to spend maintaining an even halfway decent gaming PC.
What do you need to spend your money on to maintain it? A good gaming PC can last you a standard console generation

Van Bur3n

Thanks for bringing some perspective to this thread. :)

You're right. No matter how much Sony increases the price for PlayStation Plus, it will always be peanuts compared to the money you have to spend maintaining an even halfway decent gaming PC.

Oi, you're one of those.

What do you need to spend your money on to maintain it? A good gaming PC can last you a standard console generation

Yep that post and similar like them are nothing but evidence of ignorance on their part.

PC gaming has been cheap for years. You can spend whatever you want to spend.

Hopefully Sony will learn nothing from Nintendo online (its almost insulting to call it an online service being behind 10 year old consoles), offering low cost for no functionality at all is a joke to anybody but Nintendo apologists.

Online X party chat, parties and the usual invites and ease of grouping up is an absolute minimum requirement for online play in 2017.

Um, okay? Sony isn't really doing anything special to justify why they keep increasing the price more and more. Just as insulting is that Sony's response to getting more money is to... demand more money. Sony knows that people won't drop PS+, so they'll happily extort their fans.

M.W.

Yeah, for the time being i'm just creating new users for the free 2 weeks of PSN Plus. I'll get a year when a good deal is available.

Shin

Banned
Um, okay? Sony isn't really doing anything special to justify why they keep increasing the price more and more. Just as insulting is that Sony's response to getting more money is to... demand more money. Sony knows that people won't drop PS+, so they'll happily extort their fans.

Haven't you noticed groceries going up every year or internet subscription or a train ticket or anything in life?
I get that this is gaming and people don't like prices to go up but we're ignoring the fact that everything is going up every year.
Not that I like paying more if I'm not getting more out of the service or A better service at that, I'm all in with you guys in that regard.
But at the same time I'm also being realistic they even the field with Microsoft's price in Europe, a price that went up already in NA.
Same thing with computer parts and what's not basically Euro = USD, we always get shafted and continue to accept it in the end.

Buy when it's on sale if you're not in the need to extend your subscription or cancel it if you can't stomache the 0.83ct more per month.

belinho

Yeah, for the time being i'm just creating new users for the free 2 weeks of PSN Plus. I'll get a year when a good deal is available.

Is there some kind of limit in each console for how many primary accounts you can have?

If every two weeks you delete one and create another, can you do it forever? Or do they have some kind of measure to prevent that?

Fredrik

Not much to complain about if you're already subscribing, tiny difference, it doesn't help those who already think the price of entry is too high though.

CaVaYeRo

So in a clearly related move, Sony just announced a limited promo offer for the service, which will be 49.99 € for 15 months (that's current annual fee) until Aug 29, right before annual increases to 59.99:

https://www.gamereactor.es/noticias...+PS+Plus+mas+barato+antes+de+subir+de+precio/

Announced for Spain and other European countries, dunno if everywhere... Damage control?

_2168953.jpg

Top Bottom