• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ Price Rise

ffvorax

So I need to renew for another year before the price up... that's bad anyway... they get more subscriber and up the price... :(

Card Boy

Banned
#4theplayers

2nd shitiest console service goes up in price. Like WHY.jpg

- No name changes
- Slow speeds
- Racist deals that only favour Americans

Fuck you Sony.

$10 more in AU.

So remind me, what is this service even DOING to justify costing anything in the first place?

Honestly fuck Microsoft for their "contribution" to the gaming industry. And fuck Sony for taking advantage.

At this point I'd be more than happy for traditional console gaming to die. They deserve it.

Pandemic

Here's the Aussie pricing,

5ovHfZ8.jpg

Midas

Good that I bought a few years a while back when there was a campaign price.

What is this? Around 1 EUR per month in increase? I can live with that, as long as they increase the bandwidth on PSN, which they won't. :lol

IbukiLordSA

Yeah Sony can fuck right off, I don't get anywhere near the value of what I pay for PS+, the games they give don't interest me and I only have it for online. Unfortunately for Sony they will be losing a customer with this.

Bastards. Thank God, I took that amazon prime bargain offer last month. But without any special prices, I surely won't extend after that ends.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Thank God I grabbed the Smyth's £25 deal then the Amazon 15 months for £30 deal. I'm set until 2019. I was half expecting this frankly after other regions saw increases and we didn't last year.

dmix90

Good that I bought a few years a while back when there was a campaign price.

What is this? Around 1 EUR per month in increase? I can live with that, as long as they increase the bandwidth on PSN, which they won't. :lol
nRcufHN.jpg

August and Julys headliners were not indie titles.

And now we know why. They splurged a little to make people think "Well, it's going up in price but AAA retail titles are now here!". Except I will be entirely unsurprised if they go away again after September back to indies.

Australia:
$69.95 to $79.95 annually.
$27.95 to $33.95 quarterly.
$9.95 to $10.95 monthly.

I expected worse but it's still bullshit. Doubt they'll do anything to make up for it.

Hektor

This better mean improvements like a better selection of ps+ games and increased cloud storage for save games. Not holding my breath though.

Why tho? Sony can just do it without improving jackshit.

Unless Sony gets to the point where it's playerbase considers actively moving the platform or cease subscribing they got y'all by the balls

Luckily I bought PS+ until 2020 when it was discounted to 30 euro, but still. At this price they better have a AAA-game every month.
I remember when it was like 25 euro for a year with AAA games every month.

Man, I'm glad I recently bought 2 years for cheap, but now I wish I had bought 4 ;(

50£ is too rich for me, almost never play online anyway and don't really play that many of the PS+ games...but I don't want to lose all of them + games either ;(

I'll just renew if I happen to stumble over some very good deal in the next 2 years.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Service is complete shit, glad I caught that I had forgot to disable auto-renew.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Isn't PS+ in the USA $60?

Old EU prices:
€50 - $58,27
£40 - $52,25

New EU prices:
€60 - $69,93
£50 - $65,31
The US prices are Ex Tax. UK and EU have VAT. Lose the VAT and it's still comparable. Doesn't make the price rise less painful but it was always coming. The UK and EU have been cheaper on a converted basis since the 2916 US price rise.

Why tho? Sony can just do it without improving jackshit.

Unless Sony gets to the point where it's playerbase considers actively moving the platform or cease subscribing they got y'all by the balls

People complaining about anti-consumer practices ?

1501233147-homer.gif

The US prices are Ex Tax. UK and EU have VAT. Lose the VAT and it's still comparable. Doesn't make the price rise less painful but it was always coming. The UK and EU have been cheaper on a converted basis since the 2916 US price rise.

I bet PS+ is really expensive in 2916

Isnt this just the offical RRP from Sony?

I think 12 months of Live is supposed to be £39.99 but I havent paid more than £26 for it in years, always get it off of CD Keys.

Thank God I bought 2 years for the price of one last month. I'm good until the end of 2019, by then will probably wave goodbye to consoles and monthly subscriptions. Now where is Knack???

Xater

I am good until 2019 because of cheap codes, but this is ridiculous. They will probably improved nothing and just do this because they can. Arrogant Sony is totally back.

Midas

Isnt this just the offical RRP from Sony?

I think 12 months of Live is supposed to be £39.99 but I havent paid more than £26 for it in years, always get it off of CD Keys.

Yeah, but I very seldom see pricing lower than RRP on PS+. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

jm89

If they keeping adding AAA games to PS plus monthly i don't mind. If they go back to their indifest garbage truck games then they can fuck right off.

Top Bottom