• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ Price Rise

Germany here

Ab 31. August 2017, 00:01 Uhr (BST) ändern wir die Preise für PlayStation®Plus.

- Bei einer jährlichen Abrechnung ändert sich der Preis von €49,99 zu €59,99 pro Jahr.
- Bei einer vierteljährlichen Abrechnung ändert sich der Preis von €19,99 zu €24,99 pro Vierteljahr.
- Bei einer monatlichen Abrechnung ändert sich der Preis von €6,99 zu €7,99 pro Monat.

Chris1

The US prices are Ex Tax. UK and EU have VAT. Lose the VAT and it's still comparable. Doesn't make the price rise less painful but it was always coming. The UK and EU have been cheaper on a converted basis since the 2916 US price rise.

PS+ is still $59.99 in US. Same price as XBL
PS+ after this will be £49.99, XBL will be £39.99

Bringing up the PS+ price hike in US is irrelevant here, I don't know why people always do silly comparisons like this between UK and US. The only way the price hike in US would be relevant to this one would be if PS+ was now $69.99 which it isn't. Otherwise you could view it like that US price increase was was just catching up to UK/EU's pricing

JP

That's a shame although I can't imagine anybody is surprised after the US price increase.

Having said that, I'll be well into the PlayStation 5's life before I need to resubscribe, I always pick them up in sales and if I see them cheap on eBay from a seller with a good record. I've picked up a couple on eBay recently, one for £30 and the second for £32 so I really do have years to go.

I'd recommend checking eBay now before prices start going up, obviously be careful who you buy from. I've never had any issues though.

giphy.gif

Balb

Are they going to change the PS+ games model soon? At this point, how many PS+ users are even getting any value out of the PS3/Vita games?

Neith

Banned
I paid for 35 to 40 dollar subs when they were available and just went until 2023 lol. No way I am doing 60 dollars, and I don't even want to bother with it anymore.

Also, Sony will probably never go to 69.99. It's a terrible number and tons of people would just quit the moment that happened.

KORNdoggy

i already have the next 3 years worth of PS+ so this doesn't really bother me yet. be interesting to see the new value proposition. what do we get for paying more?

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
So about an extra 30p per PS4 game over the year.

I mean, it's still decent value overall, it's just a bitter pill to swallow.

With the way Bloodbourne has been aggressively priced in sales for the last 6 months or so it wouldn't surprise me if is was the sept free game to coincide with the price hike

Aqu

Neo Member
Do you think they realise they're now charging more for a 3 month sub than 3x 1 month subs?

Ninja edit: in euros

jts

...hate me...
Same email, Spain.
From 49,99€ to 59,99€
19'99€ to 24,99€ three months.
6,99€ to 7,99€ month
Did... did they just make 3 months cost 1 euro more than paying for 3 months individually? Hahahaha

What a savings!

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Pathetic. Speeds are slow as hell and they haven't added much features for a long time. What justifies this hike?

GlamFM

Banned
Gonna say this: quality of service has increased for me.

Way less downtime, significantly better speeds.

10€ more a year is fine by me.

Especially since I always thought it was pretty cheap to Beginn with.

Skyo

Better start stacking now.. Shopto selling 12 months for £29.85 atm

Pray for better offerings in the future!

Honestly. I don't get why there wasn't much complaints when this was done in the US. I feel like they gave us nothing but want 10€ more per year. Like what?

Germany here

Ab 31. August 2017, 00:01 Uhr (BST) ändern wir die Preise für PlayStation®Plus.

- Bei einer jährlichen Abrechnung ändert sich der Preis von €49,99 zu €59,99 pro Jahr.
- Bei einer vierteljährlichen Abrechnung ändert sich der Preis von €19,99 zu €24,99 pro Vierteljahr.
- Bei einer monatlichen Abrechnung ändert sich der Preis von €6,99 zu €7,99 pro Monat.

Damn, there is the German confirmation. Are they doing this every year now? 3 months went from 14,99€ to 19,99€ and now 24,99€. Good I still have Plus for at least 10 more months.

I mean, if this means they will keep up the quality of the last couple of months in regards to PS+ games or even improve it and keep the (for me) lightning fast downloads, I'm kind of okay with this.

Hektor

Gonna say this: quality of service has increased for me.

Way less downtime, significantly better speeds.

10€ more a year is fine by me.

Especially since I always thought it was pretty cheap to Beginn with.

Less downtime for a service you pay for God bless Sony for being so generous 👏👏👏

Paganmoon

This also again sheds a little extra light on the fact that checking on how long of a subscription you have left is pretty damned convoluted.

Midas

Shin

Banned
"We at Sony love you, the gamers, and we want to give you the best experience possible. That's why we'll be raising the price of our useless, worthless, scammy multiplayer paywall we forced upon you, so you can help us keep working #4theplayers."

Anyways let's see how the Sony fanboys try to spin this bullshit.

This reads like a N4G post...

OT: it's for Europe only I believe since they already raised it last year for NA.
Prices go up all the time so I can't say this is unexpected, they should release a Game Pass like service if they want to make more money though, IMO.

The whole Europe not just UK. 60 euros instead of 50, the other subscription methods got increased too. Why? Just Why? I thought the Europe was spared. Now a single 50€ card won't suffice. What the reasons for such pointless increase? Is this a sentence for presenting better games than before? They aren't still top of top games. If they gonna justify such increase they need to offer AAA games like Horizon or The Last Guardian soon.
This is complete horrendous blasphemy from them.

OVDRobo

Okay. Just cancelled my recurring subscription.

I don't even remember the last time I played a PS+ game and the only game I play online nowadays is Overwatch which I'm looking to give up.

JezPSN

Neo Member
ShopTo are still selling a 12 month membership for less than £30, just bought one so I'm subbed until the end of 2019 now. Weirdly they also have the a non instant version for £37 so make sure you add the right one to basket

pislit

Aint the USD strong? Us 3rd world countries without regional pricing is fucked since we have to use US accounts.

Top Bottom