• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 $329.99 No Tax + Free Shipping AVAILABLE NOW

Since it's technically being sold by Newegg, I would think so.

not sure does New Egg count for NPD? I know it only counts certain retailers

Newegg directly reports their sales to The NPD Group every month.

Even though this eBay listing isn't part of the traditional Newegg.com website, the sales are still fulfilled by Newegg's internal sales department, so they'll get recorded with the rest of the sales (from Newegg.com) just as if they were sold by the original site. And, as a result, PS4 sales here will get incorporated into the November 2014 NPD report if you buy the PS4 anytime before November 30th.

I just want to take this time to say that The NPD Group directly tracks all major USA-based online retailers. So Amazon.com, Newegg.com, TigerDirect.com, hell, even TV shopping networks like QVC.com and HSN.com go through NPD as well.

They have an extraordinarily wide net for things like this.

The sales tax in California makes this deal not worth it. $355 including tax + $60 for GTA V + $20 TLOU is more than the Amazon Black Friday deal.

I'll pass.

EDIT: I should note I'm having the Amazon bundle shipped to my sister in Utah tax-free, and she's driving it down here for the holidays. So $400 for the console and 2 games is better than $355.00 for just the console.

mackattk

In for one. Still want GTA v and ltou, but would rather have the games retail than digital. Might cost slightly more in the end but whatever... Still a good deal.

GHG

so just asking, Xbox had to do this, because market reasons, Sony is doing this because?

Because they can.

If they wanted to obliterate Microsoft in the sales race then they could do so with a price drop. But they don't really need to yet so they may as well stay profitable rather than cripple themselves financially just for a hollow victory.

statham

Because they can.

If they wanted to obliterate Microsoft in the sales race then they could do so with a price drop. But they don't really need to yet so they may as well stay profitable rather than cripple themselves financially just for a hollow victory.

what is this then? They dropped the price to be nice?

My buddy came down with Lyme's disease of all things and has been having some lingering issues despite the antibiotics. He had to leave his job and has been pretty down.

So I saw this deal and snagged him a surprise PS4 that I know he will love. Really glad to have jumped on this price.
That's awesome man. Always take care of your friends when you can.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh shit, this even beats the Amazon TLoU pricing error I got my PS4 for about a month ago.

Jump on this, folks.

GHG

I am, I can't understand some of your guys. Sony is doing what some of you guys are bitching about MS.

I've never once bitched about Microsoft dropping the price...

As for "you guys", you might want to try to validate what you are saying.

Someone please buy one of these and send it to statham's house.

Radec

My buddy came down with Lyme's disease of all things and has been having some lingering issues despite the antibiotics. He had to leave his job and has been pretty down.

So I saw this deal and snagged him a surprise PS4 that I know he will love. Really glad to have jumped on this price.

Great guy here..

This was such a good deal. I'm glad they had plenty to go around so people weren't disappointed. I was reloading like a mofo and caught it right away and was concerned they might go in an instant. Who knew they had thousands of em :)

Top Bottom