• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ps4 Usb Game Emulator first details

I think this is bullshit but if it not im pissed.

Not because the piracy angle, I dont care and its really not my problem, its Sonys.

Id be pissed because the reason I as a genuine user cannot use my old usb accessories on the PS4, namely my fightsticks and driving wheels was supposed to be to prevent something like this happening again.

The fact that it has anyway and I have to fork out upwards of £100 to replace perfectly good accessories is a fucking kick in the teeth.

Sony didnt even have the decency to go the apple route and sell an adapter. cunts.
Wait so because the steering wheel company didn't want to update their firmware and instead have you buy a newer model (and someone fixed this with an accessory) it's Sony's fault?

LycanXIII

you-wouldnt-download-a-car-1-728.jpg

Wait so because the steering wheel company didn't want to update their firmware and instead have you buy a newer model (and someone fixed this with an accessory) it's Sony's fault?

Its cute some of you still believe this.

The crux of the problem is Sony changed their rules from PS3 to PS4 and left it up to Accessory makers to make things compatible.

of course its not in their interest for you to be using older hardware when they can sell you new shit.

The fact is, sony had every opportunity to release an adapter. Microsoft too.

If Nintendo is happy for people to use controllers from 2 generations ago just for one game, its the least either could have done.

So yes, im putting the blame on Sony. They removed choice in the name of security, security which is clearly being circumvented regardless.

Its cute some of you still believe this.

The crux of the problem is Sony changed their rules from PS3 to PS4 and left it up to Accessory makers to make things compatible.

of course its not in their interest for you to be using older hardware when they can sell you new shit.

The fact is, sony had every opportunity to release an adapter. Microsoft too.

If Nintendo is happy for people to use controllers from 2 generations ago just for one game, its the least either could have done.

So yes, im putting the blame on Sony. They removed choice in the name of security, security which is clearly being circumvented regardless.
Okay, so you throw shade my way for "believing" something, then basically go to explain that it's true, but you're going to blame them anyway? Alright.

onQ123

I don't think they have full access to the PS4. think it's just the secondary chip that's able to run a virtual machine in sandbox mode. I don't think it will be able to use the real power of the PS4 for 3D gaming. Probably would be better off just getting a android console for what that USB will give you.

luca_29_bg

I don't think they have full access to the PS4. think it's just the secondary chip that's able to run a virtual machine in sandbox mode. I don't think it will be able to use the real power of the PS4 for 3D gaming. Probably would be better off just getting a android console for what that USB will give you.

They have full access, root access, the have totally compromised the core and the kernel, and there are other kernel exploits out there, always discovered by cTurt. Maybe they can't run backup games for now, but it's only a matter of time.

Okay, so you throw shade my way for "believing" something, then basically go to explain that it's true, but you're going to blame them anyway? Alright.

You believe that its somehow the accessory makers fault that they are forced to go through a lengthy software R&D process and renegotiate a licensing deal for hardware they wont even see any profit off?

Sony changed the rules. Its on Sony to accomodate the inconvinenced users.

Somehow they got that last generation by selling DS2 to usb converters. Lets not pretend this is something unheard of.

Yabo

Banned
I guess Sony restricting access via the usb ports isn't going to work out for them. Can we have external hard drives now please?

Oxn

They have full access, root access, the have totally compromised the core and the kernel, and there are other kernel exploits out there, always discovered by cTurt. Maybe they can't run backup games for now, but it's only a matter of time.

Do we know up to what firmware it'll work with?

If hackers can come up with a way to play games from external usb drives it shows you how shit the Sony engineers are....now we are going to get more stability updates and someone will undoubtedly stuff it up and release some hack and we'll have the big psn scandal all over again

Yabo

Banned
If hackers can come up with a way to play games from external usb drives it shows you how shit the Sony engineers are....now we are going to get more stability updates and someone will undoubtedly stuff it up and release some hack and we'll have the big psn scandal all over again

Fake info in your Sony account (fake last name or fake first name, fake address not tied to your credit cards. But make sure to use stuff you can remember just in case you need to contact Sony) and not having a card tied to your account is the best way to avoid this completely. Can steal all the fake info you want, won't be stealing any real things.

Use Amazon or Best Buy for PSN credit. Boom.

I would counter that if it took them this long that their engineers did a pretty good job.

Top Bottom