• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN connection problems (12/24)

AmyS

Here's what happens when I try to sign into PSN on PS4:

JjbdZYQ.jpg

MickeyPhree

Not by my console at the moment but the iPhone app is working fine. Can even see people on my friends list who are online.

South Florida representing.

People should be opening their Christmas presents on Christmas day.

Well, I don't. I'm an atheist. Now what?

People get gifts early all the time. And as another poster indicated, it is Christmas day in some parts of the world.

It's a shame these attempts at overloading a network work so well.

Sakura

Just got my PS4... Trying to log into PSN for the first time but can't do it. Thanks Cerny.

Though I guess there are no games anyway so it doesn't matter.

I just downloaded and installed fucking resogun for vita and it just shows a black screen when i launch the app. wtf? shits SO BROKEN SONY!!

system11

Yup, there it goes - dead for me too in the UK now.

The reason this is allowed to continue is that too few people are sent into a room and dispensed of with a cattle gun.

I do wonder why Twitter allows the accounts to stay active for so long too.

I suppose I should go and wrap presents anyway.

pixxxelz

I was able to sign in on the psn app and I have 13 friends that are currently online so I guess is working for some people

Boggles my mind how lacklustre Sonys DDOS protection is or lack thereof. This is attack number 3? 4? this year alone.

There is no protection against something that uses the very nature of how the internet works against itself. The best you can do is mitigation, which results in a very poor end-user experience (think WoW queues).

Darknight

Still waiting to see where the hell all that PS+ revenue is going towards. I feel like all they do is take that money and use it to buy rentals for the month/year and leave PSN as is....as its been since PS3 days. What the fuck is this bullshit.

Whatever the case, Im glad Sony Pictures got hacked to hell and back for being incompetent assholes.

Still waiting to see where the hell all that PS+ revenue is going towards. I feel like all they do is take that money and use it to buy rentals for the month/year and leave PSN as is....as its been since PS3 days. What the fuck is this bullshit.

Whatever the case, Im glad Sony Pictures got hacked to hell and back for being incompetent assholes.

Boke1879

You know there is no protection against DDoS right? Xbox, Steam and anything else on the internet are just as susceptible as Sony right.

It's literally the same thing that happens when GAF goes down.

StoopKid

Yea I'm out.

Merry Christmas gaf.

Top Bottom