• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PT no longer downloadable in US (and EU/UK) even with license

This kind of thing should be established and I hope someone can answer this:

If someone deactivates their account, do their $0 purchases and demos deactivate as well? This is just out of fear of someone selling a PS4 then flipping the switch to deactivate their shit to preserve their downloads for their next PS4.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Well, guess what? Reality backs me up. Sorry! I know you wish life was different, but them's the breaks.

Nothing backs you up, but hey, feel free to keeping making an ass of yourself. Digital storefronts are still a relatively new thing that law and consumer rights haven't adequately caught up with yet. What are you even arguing for? The right for corporations to arbitrarily dick over consumers? Fantastic; bravo.

I'm kind of surprised that no one has suggested that Sony get Kojima and Del Toro together again and instead of Silent Hills, have them work on Siren instead.

The guy who made the original Silent Hills (Keiichiro Toyama) left Konami for Sony and has been at Sony ever since. Toyama ended up creating and working on the Siren series as well as Gravity Rush.

If Sony is able to get Kojima and Del Toro and Norman Reedus together, they could also add Toyama to the mix and maybe we would have something more compelling than what PT provided/suggested.

Get Akira Yamaoka on the score and I'll buy a PS4 for it. You hear that Sony?

NIGHT-

Made a couple friends play this earlier tonight. One of my friends was playing for 10 minutes and passed the controller to the other saying saying, "you play it, I can do it, it's fucking with me too hard". Love this teaser

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
So what do you have to do with this? Can you put this onto a USB drive and copy it to PS4?
The only way to use PS4 pkg files right now is if you initiate the equivalent PSN download on a PS4 but then reroute the downloading files to the ones stored on your PC with a proxy as to get basically LAN speeds on your PS4 download. Since you can't initiate PT downloads on a PS4 anymore, they're effectively useless until a time when they can be decrypted/transferred adhoc.

BibiMaghoo

The only way to use PS4 pkg files right now is if you initiate the equivalent PSN download on a PS4 but then reroute the downloading files to the ones stored on your PC with a proxy as to get basically LAN speeds on your PS4 download. Since you can't initiate PT downloads on a PS4 anymore, they're effectively useless until a time when they can be decrypted/transferred adhoc.

Has anyone tried initialising a download of a different game then using download helper to give it the P.T file? If so, what happens?

As I understand it, you normally pause a download on the PS4, grab it on the PC, then direct the local file for the PS4 to actually download, so it's possible it may work.
Of course for people that never got the license they wouldn't be able to play it anyway, but for those that did it's a means of always having it available for download.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Y'all are discussing circumventing DMCA measures. I wouldn't want to get banned again like I did in the "Better Silent Hill HD Collection" thread.

Officially we're just supposed to accept that all this has happened.

Even if it was a game we had paid for. That's our legal alternative, right? Nothing at all.

BibiMaghoo

Y'all are discussing circumventing DMCA measures. I wouldn't want to get banned again like I did in the "Better Silent Hill HD Collection" thread.

Officially we're just supposed to accept that all this has happened.

Even if it was a game we had paid for. That's our legal alternative, right? Nothing at all.

No, there is no circumvention. This tool allows your pc to download the file first then pass it to your PS4. There is no way to pirate software with this, as any software placed on the PS4 still requires the relevant license to be used, meaning you can only do this with titles you already own. But I'll shut up anyway just in case that is somehow not cool.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
LOL Bibi the convenience of all-digital, eh? ;)

Cryxo93

Banned
It's a massive shame that this is the case... I've come across a PS4 bundle on eBay in very good condition with 5 other games (Metro Deluxe, COD Ghosts, and the other three I can't remember...)

The listing didn't sell so it's not up at the moment, but I spoke to the seller yesterday and I'm being offered minimum price of £400 for it, also collection only but it would only be just down the road. I would probably be insane not to buy this? Only reason I'm hesitant is due the fact that I'm not too sure if it's responsible of me considering I don't have much to spare being a student. I'm planning on selling a bunch of stuff that should cover some of the cost in a couple of months but I'm not sure if those would sell... What should I do GAF?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
It's a massive shame that this is the case... I've come across a PS4 bundle on eBay in very good condition with 5 other games (Metro Deluxe, COD Ghosts, and the other three I can't remember...)

The listing didn't sell so it's not up at the moment, but I spoke to the seller yesterday and I'm being offered minimum price of £400 for it, also collection only but it would only be just down the road. I would probably be insane not to buy this? Only reason I'm hesitant is due the fact that I'm not too sure if it's responsible of me considering I don't have much to spare being a student. I'm planning on selling a bunch of stuff that should cover some of the cost in a couple of months but I'm not sure if those would sell... What should I do GAF?

Don't...

KJRS_1993

Definitely not.

Cryxo93

Banned
I mean it's not like I'm skint. Got over a grand in savings which is where I would be taking the money from. It's not like I couldn't feed myself and pay bills.

KJRS_1993

I mean it's not like I'm skint. Got over a grand in savings which is where I would be taking the money from. It's not like I couldn't feed myself and pay bills.

Not being skint doesn't mean you should let yourself get mugged off. There's a reason that listing didn't sell.

Cryxo93

Banned
Not being skint doesn't mean you should let yourself get mugged off. There's a reason that listing didn't sell.
It was taken down by eBay a day early because of "unauthorised wording", probably for the sale of digital goods. Other than that it was definitely legit.
I'm not quite sure why I'm trying to justify buying this thing xD I'm quite invested in it as you can see.
I decided last night that I wouldn't buy it but ask GAF and see if it was madness not too.

Aren't you a ray of sunshine. .

You sir, can kiss all our P.T. owning asses.

Konami is that you?

This post makes me hope they all get deauthorized if only so you can never play it. It was so good.

That's reasonable

Ayyyyyyyyyyy, looks like I'm part of the PS4 crew since I bought P.T PS4 for $350. I take back what I said before, sorry.

ba390cb296.jpg

You got an account along with that PS4 I'm assuming?

Yeah. I was going to get a PS4 eventually when Persona 5 came out, but I figured because of this fiasco I'd grab one now with P.T inside (at a budget price). Since this thread is practically dead, can someone recommend me PS4 games lol?

Az987

all good things
So um I was thinking about upgrading my hard drive because I'm sick of deleting games all the time but then I remembered I read you have to reinstall/download all your games when you do it. I guess PT will be gone if I do it, right? Or can you transfer installs from one hard drive to another?

So um I was thinking about upgrading my hard drive because I'm sick of deleting games all the time but then I remembered I read you have to reinstall/download all your games when you do it. I guess PT will be gone if I do it, right? Or can you transfer installs from one hard drive to another?

I'm pretty sure PS3 had a thing where you pretty much clone your harddrive into the new one. So I would say its possible. Although, this is PS3 to PS4 era Sony we're talkin bout. So i'm not sure.

Cth

Source for this? because I doubt that cost highly.

Probably from this:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2009/03/someone-pays-sony-charges-publishers-for-ps3-bandwidth/

Publishers are now charged 16 cents per 1GB downloaded through the store for the first 60 days when it comes to free content, and in perpetuity for paid content. That's not a small amount of money; if a demo gets downloaded one million times, it would cost a publisher $160,000 for a 1GB file; even more if the file is larger. This is on top of the regular fees that Sony charges to put content and games up on the store, mind you.

More at the link..

Top Bottom