• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PUBG's Xbox "exclusivity" is just as confusing as it was for ROTTB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

farisr

To me, the highlighted reads as confirmation of console exclusivity. Insofar as it isn't being developed for any other console - the focus is on bringing it to PC and Xbox One - that is what the second part of the statement means. The person then replies that it isn't clarifying (even though it is a definitive yes statement followed by reasoning) to which they reply that they got nothing for us besides that.
"with MS as the publisher" is the key part here, of course MS is not going to be the publisher for the PS4 version.

MS being the publisher is "allowing them to bring it to xbox users faster and solely work on that", after that they are free to work on the ps4 version and bring that out with another publisher.

MattAces

To me, the highlighted reads as confirmation of console exclusivity. Insofar as it isn't being developed for any other console - the focus is on bringing it to PC and Xbox One - that is what the second part of the statement means. The person then replies that it isn't clarifying (even though it is a definitive yes statement followed by reasoning) to which they reply that they got nothing for us besides that.

https://twitter.com/JezCorden/status/899361079242915840

Unfortunately, Destin worded the question poorly. Re-read it. All she essentially says 'yes' to is Microsoft only publishing it on Xbox and PC.

Its not confusing. They needed help microsoft is giving them the help and they are pretty much saying unless sony helps we dont have time for them. So balls in sonys court

How are people still managing to be confused by this? Sony and Microsoft have been saying this exact same thing for years now, and it always means the same thing.

RedAssedApe

Banned

why dance around it with all the wordiness? its pretty clear her response is to the second part of his question.

lol. That's not what it says.

the username you replied to tho lol

libregkd

Whenever you have devs/publishers skidding around the "Is this really exclusive?" question it's almost always a no. Devs/Publishers will always be unambiguous when something is actually exclusive; i.e. Capcom flat out saying SFV would never release on the Xbox One when there started to be confusion on if that game would actually skip Microsoft's console.

lol. That's not what it says.

"Why do companies do this?"

In a thread where people are bending over backwards to spin this intentionally confusing news to fit whatever narrative they want and make it even more confusing than it needs to be, thus reinforcing exactly why companies do this.

RdN

It's not confusing, at all, really.

It's a timed exclusive.

Microsoft is publishing on Xbox.

When the exclusive window is over, the game will be published by somebody else for the PS4.

Seriously, you guys really can't understand something this basic?

De_Legend

Banned

It's a timed exclusive.

When the exclusive window is over, the game will be published by somebody else for the PS4.

Some people really want the game to be a true exclusive for some reasons, just like with Tomb raider, good times.

It is stupid. They just need to say launch exclusive and be done with it - no confusing messaging otherwise, even though Microsoft is publishing the game on Xbone now.

It'll come to PS4 next year.

gablekevin

Neo Member
Yeah it's pretty clear its Just timed exclusive and probably just exclusive for the early access period. If it were exclusive in any other way it would have been repeated 67 times in one paragraph.

It's almost like these industry professionals signed a very standard agreement saying they can't tell random people on Twitter anything that hasn't been officially announced.

Megatron

Hey quick, someone tell me what the exclusivity situation is for the Crash n sane collection? Funny how its only when microsoft has a murky exckusive that people get mad...

Apathy

If sales of RotR on xbox vs ps4 were any comparable indicator, good luck to them when they come to the consoles

Lucifon

Man some people get way too triggered by some very blatently obvious wording. Year long exclusive dlc gets less uproar than a piece of text announcing a partnership in a way that they obviously don't want to promote their competitor but can't deny it at the same time.

It's a timed exclusive.

The main issue is that they're apparently obligated not not explicitly state "this is a timed exclusive and we are free to bring it to other platforms after a certain date." So they have to jump through these confusing hoops where they can't explicitly state that it's never coming to any other platform (because that would be a lie) but they also can't explicitly state that it's a timed exclusive because that'll piss off their corporate overlords.

Yea, for now it's exclusive. They probably have a sales clause as apart of the publishing deal. If it bombs on Xbox within 3 months it'll be announced, if it sells good, you could be looking at over a year.

I'll be getting it on box, fk it. But no way do I think these guys want to not hit PS4, too much potential. A hit is too hard to come by these days.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Hey quick, someone tell me what the exclusivity situation is for the Crash n sane collection? Funny how its only when microsoft has a murky exckusive that people get mad...

Seems like you missed the Crash threads then.

Timed exclusives suck when large companies do it for exclusive marketing of an already powerful brand.

I'm a bit more forgiving when it's a smaller team who need advertising exposure and can focus on one platform as they might not have the staff to support multiple platforms.

But everyone should be able play the games as soon they are ready.

So stay silent is the same that trying to lie with words?

This right here too. MS always tries to have their cake and eat it too by getting cute with the words (or punctuation like with the RotR announcement LOL) to try to exaggerate the exclusiveness or to try to make sure they look like the good guy which is usually what gets them in extra hot water as it backfires.

Yeah, thought Spence didn't like paying for games not to come to other consoles.

What happened to that whole thing?

Yup lol. shocked.gif

Shubh_C63

Why is it so hard for people to get ?

If they are struggling or giving non clear answers about XB exclusivity, then obviously it is coming to other platform too.

What reason could they possibly have to NOT outright yell in front of the whole world if it was truly XB exclusive ??

I made the same logic jump when they resisted about the Tomb Raider deal.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Is there a thread devoted to just the exclusivity of crash collection? How many pages is it?

You know there is a search feature right?

Any way, here are some:

Speculation: Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy is 1yr Console Exclusive (PS4) - 473 replies
UI artist of Crash Bandicoot Trilogy posts video with Xbox prompts - mildshock.gif - 411 replies
[Rumor] Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy releasing December 8th on XB1? - 316 replies
crash bandicoot trilogy pretty much confirmed on pc ? - 260 replies

It was stupid then, it's stupid now.

Hey, I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom