• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

razterik

While skilling it up, if he'd fed 8 Zaerog inf to itself, it would have been fully Awakened when he ultimate evolved it. Now he has to feed it Tamadras because making 8 more of the ultimate to feed is prohibitively expensive. It's not a big deal, aside from having to farm Tamadras.

People seem ready for 3x normals and ultimate Goemon. All my max skill Noahs have disappeared today.

Rekwest

My Pulls:
Mystic Ice Night.
Yomi(dupe)
Odin the war Deity(new)
Echidna(wtf)
Umisachi &Yamasachi(new)yay!
Drall(wtf)
Toytops(wtf)
Dark Angel Metatron(new)yay!
Goddess of Power,Kali(new) YAY!!!!
Fortoytops(wtf)

Stop there and save my stones.

Thanks to whoever sent me BFF requests. Nothing stops the Vegitto train

Still got mine to give away, Pandy, Minerva, and mostly Vegitto await you if you like.

razterik

Well, back to wanting the Monster Hunter collab and the blue shield card.

Awoken Isis shield is a terribly low 15%.

Shit.

And new Anubis scale is 9 combo/4x, 10c/6x, 11c/8x, 12c/10x.

yami4ct

Well, back to wanting the Monster Hunter collab and the blue shield card.

Awoken Isis shield is a terribly low 15%.

Shit.

Damn. Seems she's purely meant as a sub for her fellow Egyptians. Very low CD Bind recovery is still good utility for covering those two colors, but I was still hoping for more. Will still run her to make room for the extra Kali on my Awoken Ra team, but definitely not was I was hoping for.

Whitelines

Neo Member
Don't know why but JP got 10 extra stones and I pulled this two

oJoqzehl.jpg

I don't even know how to build a team around gadius

ZeroAKA

I decided to keep pulling until silver. This was the longest streak of gold eggs I've gotten in a long time.

(All 5-star until the last one.)
Sasuke
Prometheus
Anubis
Verdandi
Mei Mei
Sun Quan (dupe)
Laila
Verdandi (dupe)
Liu Bei (dupe)
Bastet (dupe)
Angel
Undine
Gigas

I'm guessing I should start working on my green (Verdandi) team.

yami4ct

Seeing Gadius reminds me how how damn many GodFest Exclusives GungHo has around the corner. The number of them is getting out of control. The 1x/3x GodFest split is a good start, but I think it's time to retire the older GF pantheons to normal Gods. At the very least, they're going to need to do more than 2 pantheons at 1x during GodFests. The fact that they're giving out older GF gods as 150 rank gifts is a good start.

FZZ

Banned
Yeah there are far too many godfest exclusives now, they need to find a good solution to deal with them.

yami4ct

What gods can be received as A 150 gift?

1 random Odin, Sonia or Metatron.

So, assuming that GrOdin and GrOnia are really the only undesirable/super situational of the group, all things being equal, that's a 6/8 chance of getting something good. That's not bad. Of corse, most people who're not new players when this is hitting probably already have some of those.

razterik

No, it's all god pantheons from Heroes and before, including those three specific sets of Godfest exclusives. So the range is a lot wider.

yami4ct

No, it's all god pantheons from Heroes and before, including those three specific sets of Godfest exclusives. So the range is a lot wider.
Really? Damn. That makes it a lot worse.

EDIT:
Is Egyptian in that small group?

Just checked it out. Egyptian would certainly be in there. It's those 3 fest pantheons, Japanese 1, Norse, Egyptian 1, Angel 1, Demon, Greek, Roman, Chinese, Indian 1 and Heroes.

ZeroAKA

Would Verdandi/Verdandi/Liu Bei/Liu Bei/Parvati/Verdandi make an ideal team? I'm just not sure which Parvati UVO to go with.

razterik

Is Egyptian in that small group?

Should be, yes. I'm thinking about using mine now, got enough from recent pantheons that I don't mind them being excluded.

The more I think about Isis' pathetic shield, the more irritating it is. Farmable RGB golems get 50% over 3 turns. Dark and light get 20% over 5 turns and armor break with a better uptime (50%). Easy to get pirate dragons are 30%. Descend drop Dark Izanami is 35% with better uptime (50%), and she's likely going to get a good ultimate. Silver REM eggs Phoenix Rider and Baggi Cat get 30% with similar or better uptime and longer lasting shields. Dark Tron ultimate isn't Awoken form and she got 35% as a side bonus to her dark enhance.

For unbinding, Light Tron is likely a better choice for heart row unbinding, another skill boost and a decent heal. On color silver egg Snow White makes hearts, is unbindable herself, has heart row awakening, and clears binds of 3 turns.

Ugh!

Made my final roll for A grand total of 4.

Kushinadahime
Dragon Samarai(Silver but not too bad)
Hanzo
Meimei

No dupes and all very useful subs for me. No D kali or pandora but really hard to complain. Wish I had more rolls. =(

I'm weak... purchased 30 stones:

Ra (my third one... lol. why no Bastet)
troll star egg
Fuma Kotaro (well now my Kali team just got better)
Ronia (2nd one. Does anyone give a shit about Ronia anymore)
troll gold Claymore
troll silver

Happy about the Fuma. Miffed at the third Ra. 2nd Ronia is ok.

With Meimei I figure Verdandi is a must for me. Not sure who goes where.

Verdandi, Liu Bei, Meimei

Subs:
Vishnu(Two TPA)
Cu Chu(1 TPA, heartbreaker, Fire sub element)
Awoken Parvati(two TPA)
Freyja(damage boost)

I'm thinking Vishnu for sure he will give me 9 TPA's in total and stuck in bteween Cu Chu or Freyja.

yami4ct

Small PSA, the collab going gives 2 stones if you haven't cleared it since it has both normal and technical sections. I just realized that, so I'll be able to do another pull tonight. Going to buy Dragon in Motley when my stamina recovers enough to do a full clear.

Here's hoping I get a Verdandi, Ronia, another Bastet, Meimei, Panda, another Liu Bei, Iza, Sun Quan, Panda, Haku, Venus, Minerva or Fuma. Odds are I'll be trolled, but I've had great luck this G-Fest, so I'll be happy regardless.

I'm thinking Vishnu for sure he will give me 9 TPA's in total and stuck in bteween Cu Chu or Freyja.

Vish has two TPAs? Never knew that. I might be able to make a decent Awoken Bastet team after all. Bastet/Liu Bei/Vishnu/Kushinadahime/Cu Chu/Bastet doesn't sound half bad.

Mediocre godfest for me.

5/9 golds but two of them were Sun Quans, one was a worthless Zweihander, another was a dupe Verdandi
I'm still lukewarm on the idea of a Liu Bei-less Verdandi team

Tempted to throw my last 5 stones at another roll.

razterik

Would Verdandi/Verdandi/Liu Bei/Liu Bei/Parvati/Verdandi make an ideal team? I'm just not sure which Parvati UVO to go with.

Parvati max skill? G/R is fine for Liu Bei combo. Probably better to go for Awoken since you have a solid setup for her team as well. Any other notable greens? You could use a boost somewhere.

With Meimei I figure Verdandi is a must for me. Not sure who goes where.

Verdandi, Liu Bei, Meimei

Subs:
Vishnu(Two TPA)
Cu Chu(1 TPA, heartbreaker, Fire sub element)
Awoken Parvati(two TPA)
Freyja(damage boost)

Freyja. You don't realize how much you miss having a simple 1.5x boost until you have none to finish off a tough floor. The best I can squeeze into my JP Verdandi squad right now is the Delgado skill up food bowl.

Parvati max skill? G/R is fine for Liu Bei combo. Probably better to go for Awoken since you have a solid setup for her team as well. Any other notable greens? You could use a boost somewhere.

Freyja. You don't realize how much you miss having a simple 1.5x boost until you have none to finish off a tough floor. The best I can squeeze into my JP Verdandi squad right now is the Delgado skill up food bowl.

So Vishnu/Memei over Cu Chu?

Jagernaut

He seems like a really nice sub. Pure god typing is a bit less than ideal, but I'm sure he'll get an Ult to fix that sooner or later. Too bad his active is pretty situational and random. That's a big reason I haven't made a Krishna team, even though he's quite popular. The idea of an active that just influences orb drop is really an odd thing to hang your hat on.

I have a max skill Krishna and he is really good. If you can clear a good part of the board the extra fire orbs keep dropping and you need less orb changing.

yami4ct

I have a max skill Krishna and he is really good. If you can clear a good part of the board the extra fire orbs keep dropping and you need less orb changing.

I get the idea, but having both him and yamato, I'd rather go with Yamato and the guarantee his orb changer brings.

On the other hand, my Urd Attacker-team is the only fire team I'm actually building right now, so both of those guys are currently sidelined.

I feel like I've answered this before, heh.

Ideally, I would run Verdandi/Liu Bei/Awoken Meimei/Cu Chu/Freyja/Verdandi friend. Combo Liu Bei with Meimei if she doesn't output enough green and Cu Chu or Liu Bei with Verdandis.

Probably every time I get a new puzzle piece in place I start asking the same questions. Thanks though.

saichi

Day 1 YOLO: max lv Pandora (dupe but can't complain about more waifu)

Day 2 YOLO: Sasuke (If I ever make a Awoken Parvarti team, he would be usefuly)

What's a good composition for a Awoken Parvarti team?

yami4ct

Day 1 YOLO: max lv Pandora (dupe but can't complain about more waifu)

Day 2 YOLO: Sasuke (If I ever make a Awoken Parvarti team, he would be usefuly)

What's a good composition for a Awoken Parvarti team?

She's a wood boost with TPA, I assume she runs similar to Verdandi, right? In that case, you should look at Meimei, Sasuke, Liu Bei (obviously), the standard green orb changers like Cu Chu, Perseus, maybe GZL. Freyja might be good as well.

I rolled a Liu Bei this PCGF and I can make a party like:

Bastet/Liu Bei/GZL/Osiris/(SUB)/Bastet

Is this a solid team (especially once Awoken Bastet comes to NA) that can take on most end game descends? I have a Green Wee Jas, but is there a good farmable sub that I should put in there? I guess the team is weak to binds and my mediocre combo ability :D

This isn't considered a farming team because you need to "think" more right?

saichi

^^
I guess this is the team I can run based on what I have.

Awoken Parvarti
chibi meimei
chibi liu bei
Sasuke
Chu Chu

Basically a team without much TPA or awakening skills :(

yami4ct

^^
I guess this is the team I can run based on what I have.

Awoken Parvarti
chibi meimei
chibi liu bei
Sasuke
Chu Chu

Basically a team without much TPA or awakening skills :(

Chibi liu bei isn't great because his TPAs are sort of what make him viable. MeiMei's awakenings are a great plus, but her board change is what you want so the chibi form of her (While not ideal) is still decent enough. What other green monsters do you have?

yami4ct

Highly depends on the subs. They're both great. Overall, I think Ronia's stronger, but if you have a well setup Yamato team it can be a monster as well.

The majority of boxes are probably going to have a better Ronia team, but if you've gotten some good luck with red subs Yamato might be stronger.

yami4ct

Hero teams with max skilled orb changers are more brainless than Ronia IMO. Pop an active, go to town, and repeat.

My perspective may or may not be skewed by the fact that I've only used Pandora of that pantheon.

Ronia teams are more mistake proof and better for longer dungeons because of her massive HP pool. For farming, I'd rather bet on Ronia. With the right orb changers, Hero teams can be monsters and possibly stronger descends.

What orb changers should I have? I critically lack Lu Bu for Ronia. For Yamato I have a ton of stuff with Fire rows like Rodin, Shiva, Belial. I have two Ronia. I have Prometheus, and the farmable orb changers. I also have Urd and Freyr. Dino Rider.

Though honestly this is far away since I still need to work on Verdandi and Ra. Especially since my Verndandi team can become a Bastet team if I roll her.

yami4ct

What orb changers should I have? I critically lack Lu Bu for Ronia. For Yamato I have a ton of stuff with Fire rows like Rodin, Shiva, Belial. I have two Ronia. I have Prometheus, and the farmable orb changers. I also have Urd and Freyr. Dino Rider.

Though honestly this is far away since I still need to work on Verdandi and Ra. Especially since my Verndandi team can become a Bastet team if I roll her.

You don't really need Lu Bu for Ronia, you can just pair her with a friend Lu for his skills. Their leader skills are comparable enough. Honestly, you've got a decent team for both. For Ronia herself, I'd run the two Ronias and pair with a Lu. For subs, it depends on what you have. If you have Persephone, it might be worth focusing on Black devils. If not, you could pair with your Belial and Hera-Ur and go with a Red/Black mix team.

As for Yamato, you have Rodin which is a critical sub. You could use Leilan, Chiyome and Red Valk, but you've got a decent workup right there. I'd maybe run Yamato/Ronia/Ronia/Rodin/(Open)/Yamato. That gives you four decent orb makers and gets you to the critical 7 row enhances. From there, you're pretty open. More orb changes would be good, but it also gives you more room for a utility monster if you want that.

Chiyome for yamato or something low cooldown.

Yamato Guide.

First time taking on a lot of these dungeons on Mythical, I normally would just clear legend since I didn't think my team could even do it.

Skipped on Mephistopheles, too much of a pain in the ass to get to with DQ not skilled up at all.

Ronia teams are more mistake proof and better for longer dungeons because of her massive HP pool. For farming, I'd rather bet on Ronia. With the right orb changers, Hero teams can be monsters and possibly stronger descends.
Ronia teams have more survivability but no reason to use it over a stacked hero team for farming. All the orb changes mean little or no stalling and you're hitting for at least 9x with a row each floor.

Generally, you want one or two short orb changers + two or three medium orb changers. Preferably orb change actives that can combo together to make a ____ heavy board (heartbreakers are good for this since the hero leads make hearts). At least one full board change.

squall23

I have 200+ free stones so I decided to roll about 15 times and the best that I got are:

Pandora x2
Hathor x2
Fuma Kotaro
L Kali
DQXQ
Kushinada
Genbu
Venus

All of these are new for me! Also, someone tell me why Kotaro is good with L Kali because that's what I've read in a few places.

Top Bottom