• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

I have 200+ free stones so I decided to roll about 15 times and the best that I got are:

Pandora x2
Hathor x2
Fuma Kotaro
L Kali
DQXQ
Kushinada
Genbu
Venus

All of these are new for me! Also, someone tell me why Kotaro is good with L Kali because that's what I've read in a few places.

Kali doesn't include wood in her activation condition. A Kali team is mostly light main attribute. More light is more damage. Fuma converts wood, which is useless for Kali, to light.

yami4ct

Ronia teams have more survivability but no reason to use it over a stacked hero team for farming. All the orb changes mean little or no stalling and you're hitting for at least 9x with a row each floor.

Pre-emptives and mistakes on longer dungeons can still hurt you. Ronnie is probably more stable, but just by a hair. Both are fantastic teams that can take you far and the heroes are easily better descend leaders with the right subs.

I have 200+ free stones so I decided to roll about 15 times and the best that I got are:

Pandora x2
Hathor x2
Fuma Kotaro
L Kali
DQXQ
Kushinada
Genbu
Venus

All of these are new for me! Also, someone tell me why Kotaro is good with L Kali because that's what I've read in a few places.

Nice pulls. They'll get you far. L.Kali and Fuma combo because Fuma gets rid of the greens Kali doesn't need and gets you yellows she does. It gets you at least 2 TPA light combos, the thing most Kali teams are both on. I'm so jealous right now. You got Fuma and Venus, two of my white whales. (Note: I literally can no longer complain about anything now that I have the perfect Awoken Ra team of Ra/D.Kali/L.Kali/L.Kali/Awoken Isis/Ra).

razterik

10 stone gift and a few spare stone pickups got three more rolls in JP:

Kano
Kopis (what is this guy even for)
Hanzo

First Hanzo, good. Can kick Vamp off my Beelzebub team finally.

Went ahead and rolled the rank 150 god pull:

Pandora

Perfect. Wish I had Byakko to tag along, but this is the most useful my darks have looked in months.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Did a few more godfest pulls today grinding some team challenges.

Gigas
Blazing Dragonfire Angel, Uriel
Umisachi&Yamasachi
Light Kali on the final pull
E5AnFUs.jpg

I finished max skill ups on every attribute demon with "bomb" skill

Not sure if I should use my blue snow globe on blue sonia or U&Y, I have a light globe Ill give to kali.

Bought 6 more stones and pulled Blonia and Lovely Maiden, Princess Valkyrie.

Really wanted Bastet but I am happy. How often are PCGodfests held?

razterik

GungHo NA, that's not how you hide things on the internet, hahaha. 7.8.1 update with ultimate Goemon and more coming soon(ish).

Now is probably the time to get the free stones from Endless and True Endless Corridors if you haven't. They should get refreshed into a combined set with this update.

Azusa

10 stones gift was a very nice boost to my rerolling. In the last hours of the godfest I've managed to pull Horus.

Finally the JP account ready to play.

GungHo NA, that's not how you hide things on the internet, hahaha. 7.8.1 update with ultimate Goemon and more coming soon(ish).

Now is probably the time to get the free stones from Endless and True Endless Corridors if you haven't. They should get refreshed into a combined set with this update.
Is this also the update with Absolute True Endless or w/e it's called?

NineH

I pulled on my alt account before the godfest ended and got 3 out of 3 golds

Cao Cao
Verdandi
L.Kali

What fantastic luck right? So I thought this great luck would spill over to my main account. I splurged for the 85 stone pack and got this bounty.

Ivory dragon (I got one of these in each of the past 3 godfests)
evolved Shaitan
Fire Wizard Laila
Shaitan
Salamander
Persephone (dupe)
Kushinadahime (dupe)
Mystic Ice Knight
Pierdrawn
MeiMei (dupe)
Ra (5th dupe)
Angel
Haku (4th dupe)
Sun Quan (4th dupe)
Wee Jas
Dryad
Kurone
Sun Quan (5th dupe)
Agdrall

I let out the loudest expletive after these shitty, for me, rolls. The only new ones were troll golds Laila and Wee Jas and while I got a few godfest gods, they were all dupes for me. I got seduced by my earlier good luck in my alt account and as a result, 60 bucks down the drain for the most part. Time to eat the plusses at least so I don't have to see this lousy haul.

smbu2000

Well I used the free stones I got before the GF ended and got total garbage on my iPad. Mystic Dark Knight and a dupe Fuu. At least I picked up another Yamato Takeru on my iPhone.

My rank 150 memorial pull went much better. I picked up Yomi on my iPad. Very happy with that as I need more time extenders on there. Picked up a dupe Izanagi on my iPad.

Best friend was reset as well. Very nice to add another one.
Why did i get an orb for clearing Corpse Wyrm - Legend on the Devil Challenge ? Was my first time clearing it but still....weird.

@smbu2000

First time i see Liu Bei in your squad - get he is your next target for eggs ?

Well I had started to give him some plus eggs which is why he is up to 20ish, but again I'm thinking about giving them to Awoken Ra. I'll probably just keep giving them to him. I only need a few more for Trunks.

I do sub him out occasionally though like when running the Tuesday dungeon I put Grodin in his spot for the auto heal. Otherwise he is there.

ccbfan

Weird GodFest.

Went 5/10 with Gods. Very Trollrific. Great rolls that are near useless because they're REM heavy leaders that I don't have the subs for or dupes.

Flare Drall (Troll first Gold egg)
Hathor (Nice, but is it better than Kirin which I have?)
Berserker Z (Crap)
Dark Meta (Ehh missing key subs like Hanzo (I do have 4 Hakus though))
Chimera thing Z (Crap)
Verdadi (Was excited but missing every key sub (especially Liu Bei) except Cu)
Gamble Witch (WTF is this thing this might be the worse roll in existence)
Lu Bu (Nice, Ronia/whatever teams are my most used teams, mini lubu is nice but the awakenings for real lubu is emmensely better).
Minerva (Dupe and no reason to have more than one for now)
Cinderella (Ehh but could be useful)

Not bad since only one dupe, some very good leaders even though I don't have the required REM subs.

Ducarmel

I missed the new Kirin ultimate, what is the general impression here...? Too little too late...?

green sub type sucks, and she is a harder 36x leader then L.Kali.

So Isis and Anubis when they say multiple skills can not stack do they mean the same skill, like for isis we cant stack another water type buff, but we can use lets say a buff for god types, or is it general no other buffs can stack?

J0dy77

While skilling it up, if he'd fed 8 Zaerog inf to itself, it would have been fully Awakened when he ultimate evolved it. Now he has to feed it Tamadras because making 8 more of the ultimate to feed is prohibitively expensive. It's not a big deal, aside from having to farm Tamadras.

People seem ready for 3x normals and ultimate Goemon. All my max skill Noahs have disappeared today.

Got it, that was what I thought but wanted to be sure. I'd rather farm the eight tamadra rather than have to evo 8 high metal dragons. That's a crap load of stamina and super kings. Tamadra are easy enough to get and the baby success rate isn't too bad.

hermit7

Anyone have a devil rush team that they are running.

Some teams that I have right now are awoken Parvati, Verd, Beelz, Minerva, and a Ceres that could lead also.

I missed the new Kirin ultimate, what is the general impression here...? Too little too late...?
Still weaker than most U&Y teams, weaker than LKali while also having a harder to activate 36x, and less flexible than Durga. She still feels like the worse for anything outside of non-REM subs and orb troll mechanics (you can toss a top droiddragon on the team and get 100% immunity from poison, jammers, and blind). She's also ugly as fuck. I don't usually care about the art on these cards, but Sakuya looks so, so bad. I don't know what the hell they were thinking with that. Even her icon is hideous.

green sub type sucks, and she is a harder 36x leader then L.Kali.

So Isis and Anubis when they say multiple skills can not stack do they mean the same skill, like for isis we cant stack another water type buff, but we can use lets say a buff for god types, or is it general no other buffs can stack?
It's only referring to the leader skill. For example, if you used both your and and your friend Isis's leader skill on the same turn, it's saying you'd only get 3 x 3 x 1.5 x 1.5, not 3 x 3 x 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.5. All other buffs still stack, including water buffs.

Got it, that was what I thought but wanted to be sure. I'd rather farm the eight tamadra rather than have to evo 8 high metal dragons. That's a crap load of stamina and super kings. Tamadra are easy enough to get and the baby success rate isn't too bad.
Zaerog Infinity itself is a drop. You don't need to evolve heavy metals.

ccbfan

Anyone have some good suggestions for these High REM leaders without the REM subs.

Dark Meta - I only a Haku and Yomi (And a lot of them). Missing the 2 main ob changers for DMeta teams in Hanzo and Perspehone.

Right now I'm looking at

DMeta

Haku (Orb Change)
Haku (Orb Change)
Yomi (Regular or Mini? Regular has the time extend which is super useful while mini has TPA and Skills boost which might be kinda ehh since since the team already has a ton of skill boost)
Lilith (Mini) (TPA, Dark Enhance)

DMeta

Also tempted to add a vamp just to get rid of heal orbs.

Verdandi - I only have Cu, no clue what to do with this. No REM G/R character.

jay23

Weird GodFest.

Went 5/10 with Gods. Very Trollrific. Great rolls that are near useless because they're REM heavy leaders that I don't have the subs for or dupes.

I know this feel, Kirin is the only lead I can think of that doesn't rely on rem heavy teams. I have arguably the top 3 leaders(Ra, Kali, and bastet) in the game but don't have the right subs for them.

tr4656

Infinity is a drop from the purple dungeon.

Jonsoncao

Banned
pYH8Iyy.png

JP non-IAP alt progress: First S-rank for a 50 stam dungeon...after clearing the Keeper of Gold using the same team this morning. During lunch hour just now I was like, whatever just go try it, and I entered the dungeon w/o evening looking at padx.

It is how crazy to think I just started picking up this account a month ago (opened during the last DB collab)...before it was just doing some pulling using the free stones...

JP server is so good...now I am just salty.

Still weaker than most U&Y teams, weaker than LKali while also having a harder to activate 36x, and less flexible than Durga. She still feels like the worse for anything outside of non-REM subs and orb troll mechanics (you can toss a top droiddragon on the team and get 100% immunity from poison, jammers, and blind). She's also ugly as fuck. I don't usually care about the art on these cards, but Sakuya looks so, so bad. I don't know what the hell they were thinking with that. Even her icon is hideous.

100% immunity from poison, jammers, and blind sounds nice. But then you realize that some of the better Kali teams can basically get around that entirely through board reset actives (except blind I guess). Granted Kirin will have immunity with completely farmable subs.

Kirin's nice as a non-IAP friendly leader. I'm half tempted to feed mine away to my Ra or Kali though for the plus eggs, especially since I have a second unevolved Kirin. But I'll wait for the Awoken Kirin announcement. If she follows what the other Chinese gods have gotten she will be: All attribute cards ATK x5 when attacking with Fire, Water, Grass & Light combos. 30% Fire, Water, Grass & Light damage reduction.

Two Kirins would be a 25x team with 51% reduction for Fire, Water, Grass, and Light damage. Would that be impressive, or not enough?

Though honestly I think they will switch it up, because Kirin has always been notably different from the rest of the Chinese pantheon.

Jonsoncao

Banned
100% immunity from poison, jammers, and blind sounds nice. But then you realize that some of the better Kali teams can basically get around that entirely through board reset actives (except blind I guess). Granted Kirin will have immunity with completely farmable subs.

Kirin's nice as a non-IAP friendly leader. I'm half tempted to feed mine away to my Ra or Kali though for the plus eggs, especially since I have a second unevolved Kirin. But I'll wait for the Awoken Kirin announcement. If she follows what the other Chinese gods have gotten she will be: All attribute cards ATK x5 when attacking with Fire, Water, Grass & Light combos. 30% Fire, Water, Grass & Light damage reduction.

Two Kirins would be a 25x team with 51% reduction for Fire, Water, Grass, and Light damage. Would that be impressive, or not enough?

Though honestly I think they will switch it up, because Kirin has always been notably different from the rest of the Chinese pantheon.

Somehow I am thinking Kirin with L.Kali as sub is situationally better than teams w/ L.Kali leads, let's say, for Challenge Lv 6 and 8.

Negator

Thanks for everyone that added me to their friends list, it's definitely helped carry me through content that I just needed a bit more oomph to get through.

Today I'll focus on stocking up some keepers and evolving Echidna.

Tobe

Thanks for everyone that added me to their friends list, it's definitely helped carry me through content that I just needed a bit more oomph to get through.

Today I'll focus on stocking up some keepers and evolving Echidna.
Don't do kor today wait always wait for 2x.

Ducarmel

Tower of Giants, weekend is better since it 1/2 stamina.

edit: scratch that, yeah coin dungeon is better, if you have the cash and stamina to farm it.

J0dy77

What team is everyone using for the legend plus devil challenge?

I'm thinking hades has a strong chance at completing this.

Raika

A.Isis and A.Anubis have left me disappointed. 15% shield? Really? Her awoken evolution has a weaker shield than DIza who's farmable and still without an uvo. 35% for 3 turns on a 6CD >>>>>>> 15% for 1 turn on a 3CD. For Anubis 4x for 9 combo is just not worth the effort.

Hopefully they tweak them a bit, I was so hyped for their potential too. :(

Ducarmel

The what now? Fyi I'm Rank 39 with 37 stamina. Just unlocked technicals. Where should I be looking?

Then run Tower of Giants - Dragons of the Tower during the weekend.

It will be at 1/2 stamina and you will gain ~1500 exp per run. If you run it non stop you probably can reach rank 90-100 if you up for the grind.

FZZ

Banned

Hades or Lkali.

Depends on what type of run you want. But I've seen both done with success.

Some people might use Kirin, but eehhhhhh.

hermit7

May try it with awoken Parvati. Ceres is another option with verd and lei bei. That might be the best option honestly.

I have been trying to figure a team out as well.

Sometimes this game can be a little scary. @_@

I keep four of each Keeper type at all times, and after this weekend was short one red, one green, one light, one dark. So I started up the red keeper dungeon first thing.

I got four drop from one run: one red fighter, one red keeper, one light keeper, and one dark keeper. 3/4 of my keeper stock replenished in one run.

Scary.

Unrelated, but Ganesha's ult evo seems a little underwhelming; his leader skill remains unchanged. Was hoping for a slight coin boost, or a buff to atk/rcv in addition.

What's a good team for The Thief Descended? Want to try that one if I can.

Top Bottom