• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

razterik

Only 2.5x skill ups interests me, can finally empty out some fairies and see how it goes. Hoping they're pushing 3x normals and the next Challenge dungeon for Part 2. Maybe the delay on Challenge dungeon is because Sonia Gran still hasn't come yet.

Of course none of this matters if the update doesn't come. KR got delayed already.

Also, Lakshmi! You'd be so much better if Isis wasn't shit.

scottnak

This was a nice lil' achievement

CGn8o1yVIAAY8CU.jpg

Managed to make it through even after getting hit for 10 turns of bind after hitting that 50%... whew. Thank you Snow White <3

Negator

As a new player all I can do is look at that list of stuff and scratch my head.

Do I just try and do everything or is there some stuff that I shouldn't bother with?

Edit: I guess that's a stupid question because magic stones.

jay23

What rank are you? You probably can't take on any descended dungeons yet.

As a new player you should focus on ranking up to get a higher team cost. Level up your main leaders/subs too.

Decided not to uevo my haku before maintenance just so I can try out the new system after update.

Negator

What rank are you? You probably can't take on any descended dungeons yet.

As a new player you should focus on ranking up to get a higher team cost. Level up your main leaders/subs too.

Mid 70's. Trying to max out the Echidna and devil subs for the Ronia team.

razterik

They do longer back-to-back double events on occasion. This is probably one of them.

For new players, there's absolutely no need to rush towards Descends. They return all the time, either as an urgent or during events. And eventually as coin dungeons as well. Don't run them until you are comfortable with your team. Focus on easy things, like the dark knight and red sprite dungeons for free stones and maybe a couple skill ups if you want them. Definitely do the fruit dragon dungeon, it's a bonus that is refreshed every time, meaning next time is another free stone and drop. Otherwise, keep advancing through dungeons, leveling your team as usual and run the 2x weekday dungeons as necessary to pick up evolution materials when you need them.

Oh, man, I just looked at the end date for 5x tech. Runs till the 22nd. Definitely a back-to-back double event. And no 3x normals at all. FUCK.

jiggle

What's so great about a.Shiva?
Very good awaken skills
But seems like a lot of combo for just 3x atk?
Is it the 2x TPA?

razterik

What's so great about a.Shiva?
Very good awaken skills
But seems like a lot of combo for just 3x atk?
Is it the 2x TPA?

3x ATK in addition to the base 1.5x ATK for red, so 4.5x or 20.25x when paired. That and the double TPAs is a lot of damage. His RCV boost also means that red teams can finally heal, although it's still not his strong suit.

But really, it's because JP got Phoenix Rider shield now.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just saw this - Current Top Tier TPA dmg dealer

DQuCzWG.jpg

Hmm...i probably should start +egging Liu Bei....
The good thing about ultimate Goemon is that he does 2.5 x atk under 50% (+ another 1.2 x atk for physical and dragon types). You don't have to stay under 20% all the time to do damage, and his new active brings your hp down to 1 as well as makes a full fire board. Much better than original Goemon.

Hmm true...so its not that bad, i will have to give him a shot at some point.

Azusa

If I'm just started JP pad is it worth to roll Saint Seiya egg or its just better to wait for the next godfest? These special egg machines can be good or very bad (like pink one).

Ducarmel

The first time I beat Zeus Dios long ago it was a struggle using a Horus team. Now it's a cakewalk with Yamato.

Looking at my box on my main I can clearly zero stone it with L.Kali team if i can avoid orb troll.

My other teams I'm like 1 perfect sub away from consistent farm team.

My jp alt is no where near ready for it.

If I'm just started JP pad is it worth to roll Saint Seiya egg or its just better to wait for the next godfest? These special egg machines can be good or very bad (like pink one).

Its hard to rank collabs in general, clearly there are some really good cards among them but a lot of crap.

I would not pull on Saint Seiya, some of the silvers are nice to buff attacks but there are rem and even farmable alternatives. Ikki seems to be the only good one imo and only as a sub, unbindable and can clear binds with his skill.

I guess it depends what you want or if you just like collecting collab cards simply just because you like them.

If its all about the meta game for you then stay away from this collab and look at the tier list on game8 tfor best leader and sub cards. You quickly realize not a lot of cards from REM Collabs rank. Vegito, juggler are top tier for leaders. This blue dude is a top tier sub, Trunks, Thief, and Time Mage are also great subs.

I imagine the list will be updated again when the buffs come in for batman collab.

smbu2000

Had cleared Challenge Dungeon 7 on my first try with my iPad the other day (Ronia/Lu Bu) and tried it out for the first time on my iPhone. Definitely much easier with Sopdet instead of the Thoth/Sopdet pair.

My standard Vegito team (Trunks/Vegeta/Hino Kagu/Liu Bei/Vegito friend). Could've used Vegito's skill to take out Ra, but used Hino Kagu's skill instead and overcame his 900k guard. (Thank you Vegeta)

Was going to try Challenge Dungeon 9 as well, but decided to keep the stamina and use it for part 2 of the event which starts very soon. 3x normal dungeon plus drops and a new Descend Challenge. Can finally finish off my Trunks (hyper) and continue working on Liu Bei.

Need 1 more flampy to max skill my Kenshiro. Should be able to get it from the new Descend Challenge and then I can start working on my Hino Kagu.

Oh, my whole Vegito team is on that whole 2 way power list!

Thank you to the people who added me as a BF, too. I still have both of mine as well. Last time I did a 3 way one with my GF -> my iPhone -> my iPad.

Whitelines

Neo Member
Had cleared Challenge Dungeon 7 on my first try with my iPad the other day (Ronia/Lu Bu) and tried it out for the first time on my iPhone. Definitely much easier with Sopdet instead of the Thoth/Sopdet pair.

My standard Vegito team (Trunks/Vegeta/Hino Kagu/Liu Bei/Vegito friend). Could've used Vegito's skill to take out Ra, but used Hino Kagu's skill instead and overcame his 900k guard. (Thank you Vegeta)

Was going to try Challenge Dungeon 9 as well, but decided to keep the stamina and use it for part 2 of the event which starts very soon. 3x normal dungeon plus drops and a new Descend Challenge. Can finally finish off my Trunks (hyper) and continue working on Liu Bei.

Need 1 more flampy to max skill my Kenshiro. Should be able to get it from the new Descend Challenge and then I can start working on my Hino Kagu.

Oh, my whole Vegito team is on that whole 2 way power list!

Thank you to the people who added me as a BF, too. I still have both of mine as well. Last time I did a 3 way one with my GF -> my iPhone -> my iPad.

With your leaders you are like the best BF possible :p

These cat dragon dungeons suck for E2 skill ups. I thought I just had bad luck on the few runs I did trying to skill up Set. I've been dumping a ton of stamina trying to skill up Hathor and found out that the drop rate really is that bad. Only got 2 drops in 10 runs during 1.5x drops. The fact that the boss drops skill up Weapons and Xuanzang is just salt on the wound. As if anyone cares about either of those...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man I must suck at TPA
Even with 3 liu bei in dandi team
I have trouble with bosses sometime :(

Crazy damage on trash though

Do you have GZL as well ? Because thats more or less my team as well and if....yes if i make it to the boss stage and have the actives ready its a OHKO most of the times. Liu Bei active alone provides enough for 3 TPA most of the time.

razterik

When you choose a best friend does the other person know?

Life is mysterious that way.

(Yes. They get an in game mail and they have access to your leaders, so it's obvious.)

These cat dragon dungeons suck for E2 skill ups. I thought I just had bad luck on the few runs I did trying to skill up Set. I've been dumping a ton of stamina trying to skill up Hathor and found out that the drop rate really is that bad. Only got 2 drops in 10 runs during 1.5x drops. The fact that the boss drops skill up Weapons and Xuanzang is just salt on the wound. As if anyone cares about either of those...

I tried and failed with Osiris as well. Pirate drops were more common than these. Waste of time, give me back easy mask skill ups. At least I had 50% chance.

Surely, compensation stones are in order if SV is affected by the maintenance? Or could they weasel out of it since it was never officially announced? Never mind their typical "schedule subject to change" disclaimer...

When was the last time NA compensated for something? Don't even remember.

I like JP's style of "Oh, we briefly mentioned that we were thinking about this cool thing, but it didn't work out. We're going to do something else instead, but here's 10 stones for whateva."

jiggle

When you choose a best friend does the other person know?
Iirc from my time with JPN game
Yes
That person will get a letter notice
AND
you will also show up on his/her bff list

Do you have GZL as well ? Because thats more or less my team as well and if....yes if i make it to the boss stage and have the actives ready its a OHKO most of the times. Liu Bei active alone provides enough for 3 TPA most of the time.
Nope :(
He's my missing piece
My only burst options are freyja(1.5x) or Draggie(high cool down) unfortunately

linsivvi

Surely, compensation stones are in order if SV is affected by the maintenance? Or could they weasel out of it since it was never officially announced? Never mind their typical "schedule subject to change" disclaimer...

I would rather they move Star Vault to a later time. I mean, stones are fine but then the other players would get both Star Vault and the stones. Hardly fair.

Noaloha

I'm trying to get an Andromeda team going, should be ready in a few weeks. I don't have many, if any, Andromeda users on my list yet though and space is tight.

If anyone here has a sufficiently buff (hypermax ideally, but whatevs) Andromeda that they're keeping in their 3 live spots give me your ID and I'll send you my BFF ticket.

I will definitely be in evolving my physical shiva for awoken shiva (helps that he also does not have any skill ups). Got to get a red grimiore and evolve my Phoenix

Ra is still evolved but not ultimate evolved, so there is that.

Also the upcoming best friends feature sounds awesome! I will still have to better manage my first leader, (Ganesha gets massive pal points on the weekend and nothing in the week) but it would open up my second position leader to something else (like leaving up verdandi/shiva (when that happens)Ronia or whoever else my best friend would want.

Based on what I have seen on other forums, the best usage of the feature is a triangle (as when you best friend you get access to their monsters and they get access to yours, so there is no need to best friend someone who has already best friended you).

Do we want to figure out who we want? My leader position 1 on weekends is Ganesha, but I also have verdandi/ Ronia/Kirin/GZL/ awoken hades/awoken Minerva/ awoken Venus/ awoken Neptune/ Bastet/ and a ton of other monsters.

SaberVulcan

I'm trying to get an Andromeda team going, should be ready in a few weeks. I don't have many, if any, Andromeda users on my list yet though and space is tight.

If anyone here has a sufficiently buff (hypermax ideally, but whatevs) Andromeda that they're keeping in their 3 live spots give me your ID and I'll send you my BFF ticket.

I have an Andro that I use as my 3rd, but only level 93~, SL 2 (not for lack of trying, fuck Faeries), and +10. Andro friends arent too common, I found some on /r/puzzleanddragons who were happy to friend me with their hypermax ones.

Quantum

same here.

but since I've been so negative lately, we should all be thankful that gungho lets us play an english version of the game at all.

and heck, we get to see what happens in the JPN version waaay before it happens in the us version so that we know how to prepare before hand.

and those collabs we will never see? they can be game breaking and just a money pit - no need for that.

compensation? why would we want compensation - we are getting 8 whole days worth of tamadras (less that one stones worth if you have 198 stamina).

(I read on the other forum "whales taste only salt" and really loved it)

Epic Drop

+295 Max skill Andromeda here. I also run awoken lakshmi. Unfortunately I don't have my id memorized and the game id under maintenance... I'll post it up later if you ate interested.

Top Bottom