• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

razterik

HK uvo is up too.

So happy that the new uvo interface is in NA since I can't remember anything and I just uvoed 5 things today like BOdin.

Oh, wasn't expecting that. Probably a bad sign for the HK collab returning, though.

Like a third of my box lit up for evos now, I never remember to do the ones I'm not currently using.

Since we're finally back up:
hVm5c03l.jpg

Not sure who I'm BFFing yet. Slots are going to mostly be farming leads like Goemon, Kagutsuchi, Rodin. Then whatever random thing I feel like running, lately it's Lakshmi, Andromeda, and Tomato.

yami4ct

Wait, was is up with this BFF Trio thing? Are BFFs a two way system? I was under the impression that you can just set anyone as your BFF. Basically everyone gets 1 BFF, but 1 person can be BFF for everybody.

If anyone ends up wanting to BFF me, just note my teams are in flux. I currently have Urd and L. Kali in my permanent slots with Kirin sometimes as a 3rd. I'll be switching to Awoken Ra when I can with Urd and Beelzebub Farming leads. Beel will probably occasionally switch to Lu Bu as well.

Wait, was is up with this BFF Trio thing? Are BFFs a two way system? I was under the impression that you can just set anyone as your BFF. Basically everyone gets 1 BFF, but 1 person can be BFF for everybody.

If anyone ends up wanting to BFF me, just note my teams are in flux. I currently have Urd and L. Kali in my permanent slots with Kirin sometimes as a 3rd. I'll be switching to Awoken Ra when I can with Urd and Beelzebub Farming leads. Beel will probably occasionally switch to Lu Bu as well.

The point of doing a trio is so each person can use each other's leads all day long, so you'll always have up to 6 leads to use all day. If you didn't trio up and just sent your BFF out to anyone, you may never get one from someone else, so now you only have up to 3 teams you can use for the whole day.

Does this trio thing matter? Well, if you trio with people that use similar leads to you, yeah it can, you'll never run out of whatever lead you use to do stuff with.

Great info!
Weird that most of the G/D Bastet users disappeared from my list ~_~ !!

Everyone using Parvati till new best cat comes out.

Yo, Saicho, thanks for that BFF by the way.

Quantum

is there ever a time where you don't have a triangle and square on your most recently run team?

(asked another way - can you set two teams now and run a third leader?)

lenni

Does anyone know if the update fixed the Android issue where you get thrown out of the dungeon? Still scared to pause during a dungeon and close the app.

By the way, I am looking for Awoken Pavarti BFFs and Pavarti friends in general. Recently evolved her and she's a beast!

If anyone's running her please send me a request: 380 733 294

I also run Kirin, Dmeta and Athena regularly and Verdandi from time to time.
Around rank 300 would be best, but that's not too important.

yami4ct

New Japanese Tier List. Man, Lakshmi got good. I thought reaction to her Awoken was lukewarm when she was revealed? Guess I'll have to make a team with her now.

The point of doing a trio is so each person can use each other's leads all day long, so you'll always have up to 6 leads to use all day. If you didn't trio up and just sent your BFF out to anyone, you may never get one from someone else, so now you only have up to 3 teams you can use for the whole day.

Does this trio thing matter? Well, if you trio with people that use similar leads to you, yeah it can, you'll never run out of whatever lead you use to do stuff with.

Wait, so if someone adds you as a BFF, you also get to use their leaders all day? I guess I don't understand how this thing work still. I thought it was a one way thing. Just basically a way to "favorite" a friend's leader.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
XD

I've been sitting on them for so long. I should just do it. I only have 30K exp left
Hehe you should xD

Just used your guys quick for Dungeon of Water on half stamina... 100 pal points is really cool xD

Wait, so if someone adds you as a BFF, you also get to use their leaders all day? I guess I don't understand how this thing work still. I thought it was a one way thing. Just basically a way to "favorite" a friend's leader.
That's exactly how it works.

yami4ct

That's exactly how it works.

Huh. That's cool. I guess if anyone wants to form a trio with me (preferably someone who'll be running Awoken Ra later), I'm totally open. I guess you should also expect me to run Awoken Lakshmi now as well, give how good she seems to be.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I am still using RSonia and a devil team since it allowed me to beat so many descends, so the BFF feature is cool since I just BFF'ed one of my most consistent users of RSonia.

Huh. That's cool. I guess if anyone wants to form a trio with me (preferably someone who'll be running Awoken Ra later), I'm totally open. I guess you should also expect me to run Awoken Lakshmi now as well, give how good she seems to be.

BFFs also get to see what's in team slot 2 in addition to what's in slot 1 and whatever their last used team was, 3 teams in total. Pretty sweet deal.

yami4ct

I'm looking at Lakshmi and what I currently have and trying to figure out a setup. Maybe Lakshmi/Gabriel/Karin/BlOdin/Ruka/Lakshmi? I sadly don't have Andromeda, but Gabriel is close enough. Karin is the best full board changer I have. Ruka would be switched for Amberjack as soon as I can get one (Which would probably be by the time I actually get this team leveled and ready to go). Any thoughts or other things I should maybe be looking at? How did Lakshmi get so good while I wasn't looking?

yami4ct

I'm jealous of you guys with your two or three colour board changers...

I've been sitting on mine for a while and they're just starting to pay off. Karin was useless for a long time, but now Lakshmi makes her worthwhile. D.Kali and my extra L.Kali really didn't have a place prior to Awoken Ra and Urd made my Leilan worth using. The Chinese godfest is the one I always rolled in when it hit since I started, so I guess that helped over time. I would still kill for a Meimei.

I'm looking at Lakshmi and what I currently have and trying to figure out a setup. Maybe Lakshmi/Gabriel/Karin/BlOdin/Ruka/Lakshmi? I sadly don't have Andromeda, but Gabriel is close enough. Karin is the best full board changer I have. Ruka would be switched for Amberjack as soon as I can get one (Which would probably be by the time I actually get this team leveled and ready to go). Any thoughts or other things I should maybe be looking at? How did Lakshmi get so good while I wasn't looking?

Not sure what Ruka does, but you need a way to get hearts off Karin's active. Popular pairing is Karin + Amberjack

yami4ct

Not sure what Ruka does, but you need a way to get hearts off Karin's active. Popular pairing is Karin + Amberjack

Ruka is hearts from Dark and Fire. Obviously not as good as Amberjack, but it gets part of his job done until I can get one.

I could also run DqDx to combo with Gabriel, but I don't really see a place where that fits and is worthwhile.

Kreed

New Japanese Tier List. Man, Lakshmi got good. I thought reaction to her Awoken was lukewarm when she was revealed? Guess I'll have to make a team with her now.

According to Cosmo, it's only because of a Japan exclusive water & physical unit that provides 30% defense for 6 turns.

yami4ct

According to Cosmo, it's only because of a Japan exclusive water & physical unit that provides 30% defense for 6 turns.

Looking at the team makeups, the S-Rank is definitely because of that. It takes out her one weakness, pre-emptives and attacks that 1HKO. For a basic farming squad, she still kills without it. Capable of repetitive large bursts and capable of healing anything instantly that doesn't 1HKO her.

Isis could have fixed this if she wasn't stuck at an abysmal 15% 1 turn. Perhaps they'll fix her by the time she gets here, but probably not.

Azusa

She can do challenge lvl 10 and latest descends (Zaerog Descended!) without this mob just fine. Where is this 30% defence needed?

yami4ct

Isis's defense skill is only 15%? I swear that number gets lower every time someone mentions it.

The fact it's 15% for 1 turn is the real killer. In what situation is that sort boost going to save you? 30% for 1 turn wouldn't have been awesome, but it would have worked well enough. 30% for 3 turns would have been the best balance (though she'd likely have much higher CD for this).

Jonsoncao

Banned
Any two of you guys wanna do a three-way BFF circle with me?

I normally run devil teams...(so last year) with hyper'd Ronia/Lu Bu/Beelz
soon to be hyper'd are Minerva, Pandora, and Kirin (each of them with around 170 +eggs).

yami4ct

Any two of you guys wanna do a three-way BFF circle with me?

I normally run devil teams...(so last year) with hyper'd Ronia/Lu Bu/Beelz
soon to be hyper'd are Minerva, Pandora, and Kirin (each of them with around 170 +eggs).

I'd go in on it. I currently go Kirin, L.Kali, L.meta and Urd, but I'll be switching in a Beelzebub, Awoken Ra, and probably Lakshmi. If we can get a third who'll be running Ra and preferably a Ronia, Urd or Lakshmi I'd be perfectly covered.

I've been playing for a while and I think I'm stuck. I'm at the Tomb of the Saint-Deep, and Faithless Temple with no Name and I'm feeling like I'm making no progress. I'm rank 49 and my monsters are either crazy expensive (25-30) or worthless. It doesn't seem like I'm gaining any sold middle ground monsters to take on these levels. So I'll march through them pretty easy, and then when I reach the boss I'm wiped because they take off 75% of my health every damn turn.

Is there something I should be doing to beef up my team? I do the weekly dungeons and level up my guys when I can, but then they evolve and they're too expensive for my team.

The fact it's 15% for 1 turn is the real killer. In what situation is that sort boost going to save you? 30% for 1 turn wouldn't have been awesome, but it would have worked well enough. 30% for 3 turns would have been the best balance (though she'd likely have much higher CD for this).
Hell no to that, 3cd bind removal is so useful. The 15% def bonus is just a pity rider ability so you can proc her leader skill whenever. With Quick Heal, you weren't able to activate it if you had full HP and nobody was bound. What's the minimum def reduction you think it should have that isn't insulting?

Jagernaut

I usually run a hyper max Ronia in 1 slot and rotate one of these in the other depending on the dungeon:

Max skilled:
DTron
Verdandi
Yamato
Krishna
LZL

Not max skilled:
Horus
Umisachi&Yamasachi
Beelzebub
Athena

Will run once I ultimate evolve them:
Awoken Parvati
Awoken Lakshmi
Awoken Shiva
Awoken Horus
Awoken Bastet

Rarely used:
D/W Batman
D/L Fagan
Awoken Neptune
Awoken Venus

colinp

Banned
I've been playing for a while and I think I'm stuck. I'm at the Tomb of the Saint-Deep, and Faithless Temple with no Name and I'm feeling like I'm making no progress. I'm rank 49 and my monsters are either crazy expensive (25-30) or worthless. It doesn't seem like I'm gaining any sold middle ground monsters to take on these levels. So I'll march through them pretty easy, and then when I reach the boss I'm wiped because they take off 75% of my health every damn turn.

Is there something I should be doing to beef up my team? I do the weekly dungeons and level up my guys when I can, but then they evolve and they're too expensive for my team.

It's hard to help without knowing your team but generally yes leveling up is essential, and not evolving them until you can fit them on your team is also essential in the early game.

The new quick results thing is SUCH a great improvement. Damn, what an update.

Welcome to normal dungeons, enjoy your stay :D There's always the workhorse resist or 4/1/4 teams you can build which grind through those dungeons very slowly.

With the update to 7.8.1 we'll also start eventually seeing the tamafatty dungeon, which at your rank will instantly give you ~10 ranks with absolutely zero risk.

We're getting the Hello Kitty collab again soon, which are pretty easy dungeons with a high rank EXP/ stamina ratio.

yami4ct

Hell no to that, 3cd bind removal is so useful. The 15% def bonus is just a pity rider ability so you can proc her leader skill whenever. With Quick Heal, you weren't able to activate it if you had full HP and nobody was bound. What's the minimum def reduction you think it should have that isn't insulting?

I still will find a crap ton of use for her in my Awoken Ra team, but speaking purely of her as a water based damage reducer, 15% is kind of worthless. I don't really see any situations where I lose by that little amount of damage. For teams that need damage reduce, 30% for 1 turn would be the minimum I feel.

As you said, she's a bind heal. That's her use. She also covers the 2 best colors she could possibly hit for most Awoken Egyptian teams. With that bind heal, those awakenings and those colors, she'll be absolute killer on Awoken Ra teams. She just doesn't hit the damage reduction I would have hoped for to make her perfect.

I feel you on that damage reduce btw, with the subcolor change I'm going to have to find a new monster to replace Kush to retain rainbow coverage on two of my teams. It's probably going to be Indra, but ick at skilling him up and his max CD.

It's hard to help without knowing your team but generally yes leveling up is essential, and not evolving them until you can fit them on your team is also essential in the early game.

The new quick results thing is SUCH a great improvement. Damn, what an update.

I mix up my team to fit with the dungeons, but my main players are:

Incarnation of Suzaku, Leilian
Burning Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
Sleeping Dragon Zhuge Liang
Drawn Joker
Keeper of Rainbow

For some high star monsters I don't use much, I have:

Red Knight, Nim.
Shaitan, The flame elemental.
Shiva
Archangel Raphael
Radious
Undine, The water Elemental

Other than that I have some color Ninjas, a samurai Ogre, some drops from Collaberation dungeons that don't seem all that useful, Cerberus (Who has negative recovery for some reason), and Dark Golem MK.II.

I'm trying to even it out so I have better middle tier monsters, but I'm just not finding those drops. But I also don't know where to look.

Welcome to normal dungeons, enjoy your stay :D There's always the workhorse resist or 4/1/4 teams you can build which grind through those dungeons very slowly.

With the update to 7.8.1 we'll also start eventually seeing the tamafatty dungeon, which at your rank will instantly give you ~10 ranks with absolutely zero risk.

We're getting the Hello Kitty collab again soon, which are pretty easy dungeons with a high rank EXP/ stamina ratio.

Good to hear things will improve. But what's a tamafatty dungeon?

And I read something about feeding Carbuncles before feeding them to another monster. How exactly does that work?

yami4ct

The problem with Isis isn't that she won't be useful, it's more that I see what she could be. She could fill a roll in the NA game that water teams could definitely use. Sadly, that's not the roll for her GungHo wants.

I mix up my team to fit with the dungeons, but my main players are:

Incarnation of Suzaku, Leilian
Burning Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
Sleeping Dragon Zhuge Liang
Drawn Joker
Keeper of Rainbow

For some high star monsters I don't use much, I have:

Red Knight, Nim.
Shaitan, The flame elemental.
Shiva
Archangel Raphael
Radious
Undine, The water Elemental

Other than that I have some color Ninjas, a samurai Ogre, some drops from Collaberation dungeons that don't seem all that useful, Cerberus (Who has negative recovery for some reason), and Dark Golem MK.II.

I'm trying to even it out so I have better middle tier monsters, but I'm just not finding those drops. But I also don't know where to look.

Good to hear things will improve. But what's a tamafatty dungeon?

And I read something about feeding Carbuncles before feeding them to another monster. How exactly does that work?
Once you hit rank 80 you can buy coin dungeons, which typically have a few old Survey Dungeons up on rotation. As the name implies, survey dungeons are special dungeons which contain monsters voted on by the playerbase. As such they're typically filled with useful subs for you to fill out your party with.

Tamafatty refers to this dungeon:
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=1254

The amount of exp a monster provides depends on its level, so the strategy is to get a monster with a good feed value (like an evolved carbuncle) up a few levels with trash mobs before feeding it to the monster you actually want to level up, saving yourself both time and cash.

Rank 67 is a pretty important threshold for you, since at that point you stop getting friend slots on rank up so you only get more team cost or stamina, speeding up that process.

razterik

She can do challenge lvl 10 and latest descends (Zaerog Descended!) without this mob just fine. Where is this 30% defence needed?

Sure she can do Challenge 10 without it, by running both Blue Sonia and Noah at +297. Fantastic. Getting past a Hera preempt with a good team takes 30% shield. Not to mention how much it helps on every other floor.

Interestingly, isn't Isis the first Awoken to completely lose her base ability since it was originally only the heal? Shiva is still a similar armor remover.

I still think that the bind removal isn't even that great versus Snow White or Light Tron. Sure it's fast, but two turn removal isn't saving you from most binds anyway and she's got no heart row awakening.

Shield at 20% is still a joke. 25% is a consolation prize, maybe eventually useful with future cards. 30% is perfect. 35% and she's finally better than Dark Izanami, a f'in farmable mob. Every damn shield in the game is better than hers right now.

I roll my eyes so hard whenever Awoken Ra comes up. He was perfectly capable of destroying everything without Isis, it doesn't matter what she got relative to his team. He already has shields and bind removal options.

yami4ct

Isis is great on Awoken Ra teams not because of her utility, but her colors. She frees up a spot to run another Kali if you don't already have something like Muse or Sun Quan. She provides considerable utility for a Blue/Green mob and she has an important extra bind resist if your setup needs it.

Ra doesn't need her to win, but she fills a great slot if you don't already have the REM monster to deal with it.

Top Bottom