• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

raiot

Beat challenge 9 with Yomidra. Took me three tries because I kept underestimating my damage output. Not sure if I'll go all out for level 10. Vishnu looks like a pain.

I just finished c10 with yomidra. Took me 1 stone on Vishnu because I fucked up a combo. If you have Okuni up, it should be no problem.
C10 is WORLDS easier then this blue idiot dragon in c9...

Bladelaw

Couldn't clear the Izanami tournament. Oh well. I hit rank 174, max skilled Sarasvati (thanks insect dragon!) and just need Sphinx to get Awoken Bastet.

The team is pretty much ready to go, just missing about 9 awakenings and skillups. Looks like I can skill Vishnu when the wood insect dragon rolls up. Thanks to the Pal Points and Enhance Pal the entire team is max leveled at least. I also managed to snag an Extreme King Metal Dragon.

This means I can either uber evo Kushi or Amon. Anyone have thoughts on either? If I snag a second before this enhance carnival is over it becomes a moot point as I have the mats for both except for the fatty.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Couldn't clear the Izanami tournament. Oh well. I hit rank 174, max skilled Sarasvati (thanks insect dragon!) and just need Sphinx to get Awoken Bastet.

The team is pretty much ready to go, just missing about 9 awakenings and skillups. Looks like I can skill Vishnu when the wood insect dragon rolls up. Thanks to the Pal Points and Enhance Pal the entire team is max leveled at least. I also managed to snag an Extreme King Metal Dragon.

This means I can either uber evo Kushi or Amon. Anyone have thoughts on either? If I snag a second before this enhance carnival is over it becomes a moot point as I have the mats for both except for the fatty.

Def. Kushi for your Bastet team she will allow you to tackle quests with hard hitting pre-empties. Is Amon part of your Sara team ? It will be a while until we get his UUEvo and even so he will be less useful on a Sara team than Kushi on Bastet. This might change once we get his skill-up fodders.

Bladelaw

Def. Kushi for your Bastet team she will allow you to tackle quests with hard hitting pre-empties. Is Amon part of your Sara team ? It will be a while until we get his UUEvo and even so he will be less useful on a Sara team than Kushi on Bastet. This might change once we get his skill-up fodders.

I was leaning heavily on Kushi, thanks for the push. I really can't wait until Sunday for Sphinx. I have all the pieces in place, I just need to get the final piece of the puzzle.

So the next thing I need to concern myself with is skillups. Looking through padx It looks like Piis are the only way to skill up Verdandi and Bastet but I can farm skill ups for everyone else.

Kyuur

Uvo'd LKali without thinking about how many fire jewels I had, now I can't super uvo Uriel. :( And I missed my chance to grab another one from Yamato Rush. Oh well, next time I guess.

razterik

Verdandi has a rotating skillup from trifruits and predras, so don't waste piis on her.

I don't think PreDras are really a good skill up option. 1/5 chance for a specific color, 1/3 chance to drop in a 50 stamina dungeon. Even at 3x skill up rates, you're looking at over 2k stamina per skill up. I would definitely recommend using other skill up mats over the colored PreDras if it's an option and just sell them for MP.

Baby PreDras are very easy to obtain and their skill ups are one of the easiest in the game.

cw_sasuke

Challenge level 8 cleared with A.Sakuya - i dont use her often but its nice see the 100x multiplier onscreen.

Only Level 10 left now - i have a team ready for it but Hera-Ur on Floor 1 is always ugly for my Bastet squad... after her it should get easier.

Bladelaw

Tamadra invasion means I'm all Tama'd up. Just need sphinx and skill ups. I had a lot of good luck with Baby Tamas. I'm really hoping this is worth the effort because man I've dumped a lot of time into this.

hermit7

This challenge dungeons series sucks.

Having problems with 8 running yomidra. Have been using batman for his delay which is good but can't burst all the way in the turns. Seriously got her to about 2 percent but was then one shot.

Haven't tried 9 or 10 yet.

Worried about ilsix with challenge 9, probably going to run Saria /Thor with Raph and use his 2 turns of damage absorb and attempt to burst it.

raiot

Ok, now with the BFF reset coming we can complete the BFF triangle.
LuffyZoro already added me, now i just need to add Whitelines and he has to add LuffyZoro, correct?

Bladelaw

If people want I should have Awoken Bastet up Sunday (have I mentioned that all I need is Sphinx...?) then pretty much forever as the team is all leveled and awoken but not skilled or plussed.

J0dy77

This challenge dungeons series sucks.

Having problems with 8 running yomidra. Have been using batman for his delay which is good but can't burst all the way in the turns. Seriously got her to about 2 percent but was then one shot.

Haven't tried 9 or 10 yet.

Worried about ilsix with challenge 9, probably going to run Saria /Thor with Raph and use his 2 turns of damage absorb and attempt to burst it.

I've tried 9 about 6 times and really just wasnt prepared and died to nonsense or me not understanding the Illsix mechanics. Thought I finally had it beat with Kirin when I one shot him, let him go back to 50% and used Gravity thinking it would remove the resolve. Then I found out the resolve threshold is 30%. It's really a BS dungeon.

I'm going to work on C10 instead but even this one feels shitty with the worst mechanic in the game, damage absorb.

raiot

I'm going to work on C10 instead but even this one feels shitty with the worst mechanic in the game, damage absorb.
I hate damage absorb with a passion but the worst mechanic in the game is the skillup system. And this is only getting worse when you have to evolve the fodder...

smbu2000

I've tried 9 about 6 times and really just wasnt prepared and died to nonsense or me not understanding the Illsix mechanics. Thought I finally had it beat with Kirin when I one shot him, let him go back to 50% and used Gravity thinking it would remove the resolve. Then I found out the resolve threshold is 30%. It's really a BS dungeon.

If you have an extra Sakuya then you can get him under 30% by using 3 of their 20% gravities after he is at 50% HP.

I've seen some videos with people using A.Sakuya w/friend and having an L/G Sakuya in the party as well for Illsix.

Or if you use somebody who has drop refresh like Maeda Keiji, then that will take out those locked orbs the Illsix throws on the board after you go under 30%.

J0dy77

If you have an extra Sakuya then you can get him under 30% by using 3 of their 20% gravities after he is at 50% HP.

I've seen some videos with people using A.Sakuya w/friend and having an L/G Sakuya in the party as well for Illsix.

Or if you use somebody who has drop refresh like Maeda Keiji, then that will take out those locked orbs the Illsix throws on the board after you go under 30%.

I was thinking about swapping in good old Hera-IS who I max skilled a long time back just to see if I could finally make it through. Having one less skill to use and a much weaker card is going to make it harder to get to him. I'm getting stubborn with this dungeon at this point, have to beat it.

I just got an Elia!

And she looks so lonely, no awakenings, and she is level 3 on a 6 million exp curve. My memorial Tamara with its 15 million exp is looking really tasty.

Is this a good idea? The memorial tama only awakens once right?

Jagernaut

Don't do it. Save the memorial Tamadra for a mp dragon since they need 10 million xp. I used mine to instantly max level Yomi Dragon. Use snow globes instead for Elia.

I got a single awakening on Yomi Dragon when I fed it to him.

Don't do it. Save the memorial Tamadra for a mp dragon since they need 10 million xp. I used mine to instantly max level Yomi Dragon. Use snow globes instead for Elia.

I got a single awakening on Yomi Dragon when I fed it to him.

Thanks! That's what I will do! I've got plenty of snow globes

Epic Drop

I just finished c10 with yomidra. Took me 1 stone on Vishnu because I fucked up a combo. If you have Okuni up, it should be no problem.
C10 is WORLDS easier then this blue idiot dragon in c9...

Yep, I just finished c10 with yomidra as well. Cost me a stone on Vishnu when my careful combo that should have killed him resulted in a 12 combo skyfall including 3 additional dark matches. Screw damage absorb in a game where your damage can in large part be governed by rng.

hermit7

Wonder if there is going to be anything else in the maintenance other than the BFF reset.

Maybe Astaroth or luci but that seems soon. Blonia would be pretty sweet as well.

Evoed and fed my snow globe to Gronia. Got a super which was pretty sweet but I had fed a bunch of supers too so I had like 3 million extra exp after the feed.

cw_sasuke

Im done trying to get Elia...screw her.

My Sakuya team is good enough without her anyway.

ZeroAKA

I have all those same leaders except ARa. Name: Danny and ID: 399,955,219

Some others that I have are DMeta, Horus, LKali, Shiva. We need a third person.
Still looking for a triangle before the BFF reset. Don't care about hypermax or anything (none of my leaders are), but it would be nice if the third person has some combination of Verdandi, Bastet, Ra, Sakuya, and Awoken FA Luci in the future.

0AKA@GAF, ID 380,362,254

Finally finished skilling up my Ares. Sadly I don't have a great fire row leader. He's a decent fit on a Tsubaki row team, but otherwise I'd be looking at using UUvo Belial I guess. Once we get his skill up dungeon of course. (PS, I wish they would lower the CD of the UUvo archdemons by 1 turn. Counter is not worth 2 extra turns)
Im done trying to get Elia...screw her.

My Sakuya team is good enough without her anyway.
I gave up on Elia awhile ago. The resource investment is just too high. Besides, the only place I would use her is on an Awoken Ama farming team, and there's no way that's worth 15 shynpy or the ungodly amount of stamina it would take to go the natural route.

Kyuur

Speaking of mechanics you guys hate: I wonder how long it will be until the implement Counterattack passives on some enemies, seeing as Resolve and Reductions already exist. I bet that would drive people insane, essentially a damage cap but with gameover instead of absorb.

Jonsoncao

Banned

I used a standard RaDra team (DKali, ShivaDra, Indra, Isis), C9 is then pretty straightforward, got it on the second try (didn't know it was Illsix, and quit on it directly during the first try because forgetting bringing Indra lol).

Suppose you reached Illsix, just blow him under 30%, use a dark dmg voider or Indra, heal back and clear all the jammer orbs, deathblow.

As for C10, RaDra team is even more straightforward, just blow every floor until reaching Vishnu, then A.Orochi.

Puzzle and Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning with friends

This.

Speaking of mechanics you guys hate: I wonder how long it will be until the implement Counterattack passives on some enemies, seeing as Resolve and Reductions already exist. I bet that would drive people insane, essentially a damage cap but with gameover instead of absorb.

I think the new direction GH jp took is the attribute or type enhance. Expect in the future you might see different versions of Arena or Endless corridor with, say for example, Wood enhanced Arena 2.0 or Machine enhanced Extreme Endless Corridor 3.0.

Wonder if there is going to be anything else in the maintenance other than the BFF reset.

Maybe Astaroth or luci but that seems soon. Blonia would be pretty sweet as well.

Evoed and fed my snow globe to Gronia. Got a super which was pretty sweet but I had fed a bunch of supers too so I had like 3 million extra exp after the feed.
A.Loki will come before those two.

cw_sasuke

Finally finished skilling up my Ares. Sadly I don't have a great fire row leader. He's a decent fit on a Tsubaki row team, but otherwise I'd be looking at using UUvo Belial I guess. Once we get his skill up dungeon of course. (PS, I wish they would lower the CD of the UUvo archdemons by 1 turn. Counter is not worth 2 extra turns)
I gave up on Elia awhile ago. The resource investment is just too high. Besides, the only place I would use her is on an Awoken Ama farming team, and there's no way that's worth 15 shynpy or the ungodly amount of stamina it would take to go the natural route.
Congrats on that max skill.

Are you planning a Tsubaki team? I will spend all my stamina on red fruits tomorrow and hope to max skill him. Definitely a team I wanna try out.. Probably also row based with Awoken Leilan.

PS. For Elia im just pissed that I didn't even get the unit so far. Don't know if I would have gone through with max skilling her even though I saved up 15 shapes or so for her. I'm done wasting stamina on her now and think A.Yomi is a better sub than her anyway for my Sakuya squad.

My pet "fuck you and your little dog" mechanic is a caltrops debuff that damages you for each orb swap you make during a turn

J0dy77

I used a standard RaDra team (DKali, ShivaDra, Indra, Isis), C9 is then pretty straightforward, got it on the second try (didn't know it was Illsix, and quit on it directly during the first try because forgetting bringing Indra lol).

Suppose you reached Illsix, just blow him under 30%, use a dark dmg voider or Indra, heal back and clear all the jammer orbs, deathblow.

As for C10, RaDra team is even more straightforward, just blow every floor until reaching Vishnu, then A.Orochi.

Dropping him below 30% is a lot easier said than done. With a burst team, trying to fit in between a 1mil HP window is tiny with high combos and only one ore two chances to do so. I think I'm better off with the multiple gravity approach.

Congrats on that max skill.

Are you planning a Tsubaki team? I will spend all my stamina on red fruits tomorrow and hope to max skill him. Definitely a team I wanna try out.. Probably also row based with Awoken Leilan.

PS. For Elia im just pissed that I didn't even get the unit so far. Don't know if I would have gone through with max skilling her even though I saved up 15 shapes or so for her. I'm done wasting stamina on her now and think A.Yomi is a better sub than her anyway for my Sakuya squad.
I've been thinking about using her mode often, but I never have any Tsubaki friends. Here's the team I've come up with.
tFBLwjo.jpg
Gadius is questionable I guess, but I don't really know who else to use there. Minerva or Laila would work OK. I haven't done too much practical testing, but I know the damage potential is there.

Regarding Sakuya, I much prefer the time extend team to the TPA team. Much easier to use, and still has massive damage output.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Dropping him below 30% is a lot easier said than done. With a burst team, trying to fit in between a 1mil HP window is tiny with high combos and only one ore two chances to do so. I think I'm better off with the multiple gravity approach.

What I mean was that you can blow him well below 30% without worrying too much about dmg output control. After he uses Frenzy, using the damage reducer or voider skill and healing back to at least 25k HP (suppose you have some dark resist latents if you use Indra) will enable you to tank that 111k blow from him.

ameridion

Neo Member
Still looking for a triangle before the BFF reset. Don't care about hypermax or anything (none of my leaders are), but it would be nice if the third person has some combination of Verdandi, Bastet, Ra, Sakuya, and Awoken FA Luci in the future.

0AKA@GAF, ID 380,362,254

Added you, I mostly have a Hypermaxed bastet + Verdandi

razterik

I ended up beating Challenge 9 with ShivDra and double Ares subs, one to put him below 30% and another for the killshot. It's a bit tough to get to the end with enough actives and HP, but it worked okay this time.

Five attempts and one accidental continue stone and I finished coin Gaia. I haven't bothered with these restricted dungeons in so long that I forgot how annoying they can be, even with more advanced teams. A waste of time because I only wanted the stone before they get refreshed. Don't even know if I'll bother with RO, I have so few usable 4*s.

Bladelaw

If anyone's looking for BFFs I have a Bastet I'll be getting into Awoken form sunday, max evo'd, leveled and awoken Verdandi, and Awoken Shiva options.

ID: 359,468,351

Top Bottom