• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break coming to PC on April 05

Redx508

o boy. is cool seeing phil going in

UwS8BPA.png

MS is in a weird place because they keep saying they're serious about PC gaming but also the xbone is sucking lemons.

personally I prefer playing shooters on PC and platformers and 3D action games on console so I'm super happy about this recent development.

Is there going to be a physical collectors edition?

Because I don't want to preorder digitally on Xbox One and then get fucked because they don't do refunds on preorders.

TalonJH

Why even waste energy responding to fanboys on Twitter?

Great answer, though.

Probably because CG has a following in the XB community. I don't think he would had said anything to just a random guy.

Is there going to be a physical collectors edition?

Because I don't want to preorder digitally on Xbox One and then get fucked because they don't do refunds on preorders.
MS isn't too bad about refunds.

Matthew23

It looks like I will soon be using the Windows store for the first time. This is $59.99 out of my gaming budget that would have been spent on a Steam game. Well done MS, now let's talk Halo...

Crapgamer is a racist asshole. I don't know why Phil even wastes his times talking to toxic personalities like him, and Timdog.
I've known Crapgamer since 2007 when we played in the same competitive league for Star Wars: Battlefront II for the PlayStation 2. He ran a clan called Mercenaries of Honor with some of the most toxic bullshit imaginable. He'd instigate so much shit and drama (I mean our community was only about 100 people so drama was to be expected). But he basically trolled the entire time be played.

AppleMIX

This is nothing but a good thing. I wasn't going to by a xbox one just to play this game, but I will buy if the PC port is good.

Recommend a 980 Ti? and 6GB of VRAM? Damn. PC port will either be amazing or dogshit. No middleground with those specs.

It's remedy, it will be amazing.

Chris23

Specs via Guru3d

Minimum req:

DirectX: DX12
CPU: Intel Core i5-4460, 2.70GHz or AMD FX-6300
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R7 260x
VRAM: 2 GB
RAM: 8 GB
HDD: 55 GB

Recommended:

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790, 4GHz or AMD equivalent
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 980 Ti or AMD Radeon R9 Fury X
VRAM: 6 GB
RAM: 16 GB

Holy shit at the recommended!

The less attention we give guys like Crap, the better. Posting his Twitter replies or Youtube videos is bad news. Don't allow him to reach an even larger audience. As previously stated, he and the rest of his crew are toxic.

Specs via Guru3d

Minimum req:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460, 2.70GHz or AMD FX-6300
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R7 260x
VRAM: 2 GB
RAM: 8 GB

Recommended:

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790, 4GHz or AMD equivalent
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 980 Ti or AMD Radeon R9 Fury X
VRAM: 6 GB
RAM: 16 GB

Holy shit at the recommended!

Those recommended specs are almost certainly for 4K, the minimum are pretty much expected and seem reasonable for how the game looks.

It's crazy (but also impressive) that Spencer even responds to stuff like that. Good guy.
He knows how toxic guys like crapgamer are but he still engages with them and even invites them to E3. I don't know if that makes him a good guy. It's especially questionable after his spiel on console warriors.

"I've said before, the one thing that I probably find a little distasteful in the discourse around games is the divisiveness that people try to build between platforms,"

"It becomes more about what piece of plastic I own than what games I'm playing. It becomes more about somebody else failing than the things I love succeeding. I don't think that's a good place for our industry."

"I know that's not everybody, and it's easy to find the pockets of that vitriol and I kind of think that that is gaming, but I'm not going to embrace that. I'm going to actively push against that,"
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-boss-finds-console-wars-debate-distasteful/1100-6430824/

Elandyll

Banned
Something (among others) I don't get from Crapgamer...
The use of the "They", very indicative of the warrior "us vs them" mentality ...

He does realize that Windows 10 is made by the very same company that makes his favorite games, and that his Xbox already runs with (mostly) the same OS, right?

Bolivar687

Banned
Those recommended specs are almost certainly for 4K, the minimum are pretty much expected and seem reasonable for how the game looks.

I know recommended specs are meaningless today but what makes you think it's almost certainly for 4k?

Not that I disagree, that looks like what I would expect for playable 4K settings.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
He knows how toxic guys like crapgamer are but he still engages with them and even invites them to E3. I don't know if that makes him a good guy. It's especially questionable after his spiel on console warriors.

I didn't know he invites him to E3, that's weird yeah. I never even heard of that guy before tbh, but after seeing those tweets I don't think I'm missing out.

Dabanton

Something (among others) I don't get from Crapgamer...
The use of the "They", very indicative of the warrior "us vs them" mentality ...

He does realize that Windows 10 is made by the very same company that makes his favorite games, and that his Xbox already runs with (mostly) the same OS, right?

The problem is like the Crazy Sony fanboys last gen Crapgamer and the others have locked themselves in the bubble where everyone is an enemy even people who work at the company that does your fave system.

Their podcasts used to be fairly amusing, but the constant negative tone the last few months has been draining.

Bl@de

Well well, I thought Xbox fanboys were glad to pay for the amazing Live service? Now suddenly ... Not so much. Well, shouldn't have accepted it back then.

Good answers by Phil. Now do the right thing and release the games as normal versions and not apps ;)

Krakn3Dfx

It's crazy (but also impressive) that Spencer even responds to stuff like that. Good guy.

I actually think less of the guy for catering to the batshit crazy Twitter element while he tends to ignore tweets from the more level headed fans. For every reasonable reply, he has a dozen replies to Tim Dog or Crap Gamer's frothing at the mouth comments.

jmga

Fanboys are bad for gamers in general, because they make a lot of noise despite not being representative of most people.

Would be nice to see some PlayStation-only games coming as well.

Everybody is Gone to the Rapture is coming and Helldivers is already here.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
There is absolutely zero reason to own Xbone unless you have absolutely no interest in anything BUT forza/halo.

Don't have a PC capable of playing QB? Don't have a PC hooked up to your big screen TV? Lots of reasons really.

I have a very beefy PC but I still bought Witcher 3 on XB1 because it's hooked up to the projector and my PC isn't.

jaekeem

Good lord.

Games coming to more platforms is good for everyone.

More sales so more money to put into development. More sequels. More competition.

"wah wah my xbox one purchase isn't validated by this exclusive game" lmFAO

Top Bottom