• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break coming to PC on April 05

ViciousDS

Banned
I mean....its kind of true....why do I need my xbox one anymore?

who am I kidding Forza Horizon 3........for now

My xbox hasn't been used since Halo/Tomb Raider and if exclusives keep going to PC it may never be used again lol. Maybe I'll trade it in towards the NX when it gets announced......unless again
Forza Horizon 3

I know recommended specs are meaningless today but what makes you think it's almost certainly for 4k?

Not that I disagree, that looks like what I would expect for playable 4K settings.

The huge disparity between minimum and recommended. I can't imagine a game running at anything other than 4K would need 6gb of VRAM. But I could be wrong, it just seems that's the most logical reason for the high recommended specs.

npm0925

My PC meets all of the minimum specs except for the processor. I have an i3 4160 3.6 gHz, which has been more than sufficient to run whatever games I have thus far thrown at it. Will that prevent me from being able to run QB?

lokimotion

Neo Member
Given the relatively high VRAM requirements (for recommended of course), just curious if anyone knows of any updates on the rumour that DX12 allows the memory pools from two cards in Crossfire / SLI to be combined into a single larger pool? I.e. two 4GB cards in Crossfire / SLI would effectively yield an 8 GB of VRAM.

Really, I'm just looking at any excuse to keep from switching my crossfire 290s to a single card...

Lettuce

Just bring over Forza Horizon 3 and Gears 4 and i can sell my XB1, infact at this rate ill see the XB1 anyway no point in keep the system if 90% of the 'exclusives' are on PC as well.

Well done MS for killing any reason to own an XB1

who am I kidding Forza Horizon 2........for now

My xbox hasn't been used since Halo/Tomb Raider and if exclusives keep going to PC it may never be used again lol. Maybe I'll trade it in towards the NX when it gets announced......unless again
Forza Horizon 2
You mean the third one right could have sworn 2 is already out :p.
Ontopic though the game looks amazing and I'll be picking it up on pc on day one, then again every game with time based powers has always been an interest of mine.

F.E.A.R is still the number one shooter in my eyes, but this is showing the potential to be high up on my list.

who am I kidding Forza Horizon 3........for now

Forza Horizon 3
But you can still play QB on your Xbox One, no matter how many different platforms it gets on.

Eusis

I get why people could be pissed. If you bought an Xbox for Quantum Break and you already had a PC, bummer.
That's true, but if you have a middling PC or like to compare versions it's a great opportunity.
I think CrapGamer is in his 30's. He has over 20k subs on Youtube.
So he never grew out of that mentality from the SNES/Genesis days like most of us did (hopefully.)

UnrealEck

Everybody is Gone to the Rapture is coming and Helldivers is already here.

EHGTR is barely even a game.
I'd rather see big-name titles on-par with Quantum Break. That was one of (or the single) biggest titles to come out on Xbox.
The one with the red-headed woman fighting mechanical dinosaurs looks good. I forgot the name of it.

Specs via Guru3d

Minimum req:

DirectX: DX12
CPU: Intel Core i5-4460, 2.70GHz or AMD FX-6300
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R7 260x
VRAM: 2 GB
RAM: 8 GB
HDD: 55 GB

Recommended:

DirectX: DX12
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790, 4GHz or AMD equivalent
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 980 Ti or AMD Radeon R9 Fury X
VRAM: 6 GB
RAM: 16 GB
HDD: 55 GB

Holy shit at the recommended!

highest recommended specs to date

Well, unless you're some sort of immature child, you can't be disappointed about more people having the chance to play awesome games. The game is still being designed to extract the most out of the Xbox One's hardware.

People, regardless of which system they get it on, are bound to have themselves a good time.

kuroshiki

Don't have a PC capable of playing QB? Don't have a PC hooked up to your big screen TV? Lots of reasons really.

I have a very beefy PC but I still bought Witcher 3 on XB1 because it's hooked up to the projector and my PC isn't.

with the price of Xbone you can actually buy decent graphic card.

If you have decent gaming PC there is nothing hinders you from hooking one up to your projector too.

impact

Banned
Dayummmmm

With Scalebound now confirmed coming to PC, XB1 is never even going to be close to a reality in my home. Thanks for saving me some cash MS. Rare Replay and Halo MCC must come too <3

edit: they took off Scalebound, shit. It'll come eventually.

inm8num2

Technically, Quantum Break is still an XBox exclusive. Windows 10 = Windows X, so a computer running Win 10 is literally an "X Box". :p

(bad joke, sorry)

It would probably take a while, yeah. The fact that tons of Xbone players will be selling their PC codes certainly won't help sales, certainly.
Could be they implement a check if the Xbox Version is present in the account and then activation otherwise. I would do it that way if i were them. Keep in mind this is only valid for the digital purchase so it really is easy here

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

If you have decent gaming PC there is nothing hinders you from hooking one up to your projector too.

Believe it or not some people use their PCs for things other than gaming, I'm not going to be bringing it into the living room because I also do work on it. I play MMOs on my PC but most other games I prefer to be on the couch, though not always. It's nice having a choice.

Also, you need more than a video card to run games well, you also need RAM and a good CPU, that's assuming you already have all the other components. Many people only have laptops as their "PCs" because for many people they just use them for basic web browsing and light work. By the way, the recommend video card for QB costs over $600.

SomTervo

You could write a book about Phil's apostrophe catastrophes.

Perhaps he's dyslexic. If he's a repeat offender. A mass apostropher.

Can't unsee now :/

I can't unsee that tag of yours

Come on, now.

Kaz is chiming in now as well OH BOY

86AGO1C.png

I dig

I'd rather see big-name titles on-par with Quantum Break. That was one of (or the single) biggest titles to come out on Xbox.
The one with the red-headed woman fighting mechanical dinosaurs looks good. I forgot the name of it.

Sony has less of an incentive to do this, though. Both Helldivers and EHGTR had major ties to the PC community thanks to the developers who made those games.

I don't seem them putting their big budget AAA games on PC, though. Unlike MS, they don't have much to gain by putting games out on the PC while MS has Stores and OSes that they wish to push and establish.

Would I like to play something like Uncharted on the PC? I don't have to think twice, of course i do! Especially so i can have that game preserved on the PC so that i can play it years from now without much of an issue

But i get their thinking behind not doing that. Even if it isn't what i personally want, i get where they're coming from

MUnited83

For you.
Believe it or not some people use their PCs for things other than gaming, I'm not going to be bringing it into the living room because I also do work on it. I play MMOs on my PC but most other games I prefer to be on the couch, though not always. It's nice having a choice.

Also, you need more than a video card to run games well, you also need RAM and a good CPU, that's assuming you already have all the other components. Many people only have laptops as their "PCs" because for many people they just use them for basic web browsing and light work. By the way, the recommend video card for QB costs over $600.

You can use a Steam Link to solve the first issue, and the "recommended" settings are probably for 4K Max settings, so I'm not sure why you are bringing it up. I have no doubts you will be able to get 1080p60fps with mostly maxed settings with video cards under half of the price of the 980ti...

Kevin

Alan Wake is still one of my most favorite games but with this being Windows 10 and Windows 10 Store exclusive along with ridiculous specs means I won't even be bothering with this. Such a shame as the game looks good.

dugdug

Banned
Sorry if this has been covered already, but, does a Win 10 version come with *every* copy of QB? Or just participating retailers?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
You can use a Steam Link to solve the first issue, and the "recommended" settings are probably for 4K Max settings, so I'm not sure why you are bringing it up. I have no doubts you will be able to get 1080p60fps with mostly maxed settings with video cards under half of the price of the 980ti...

I've tried using Steam streaming and it was flaky as hell when I tried. Once I did get it working the compression artifacts were too distracting, especially on a 106" screen.

Half the price of a 980ti is still the same cost as an XB1, and that's just for the video card.

Are people really trying to argue that PC gaming is just as cheap and convenient as buying a console? There is a reason consoles are so popular despite being much weaker than PCs. They are cheaper and easier to use.

Funny how this turned out to be the reverse of Alan Wake. One was announced for both Xbox and PC and then later only launched on Xbox, the other only announced for Xbox but will launch on both.

Smart decision. They really are pushing this game. Hope it does well!

Chobel

You think XBO version is running at recommended? I wouldn't be surprised if it's lower than minimum.

StudioTan

You think XBO version is running at recommended? I wouldn't be surprised if it's lower than minimum.

Of course not. You give up some graphics quality for the convenience of playing it on console. I did the same with Witcher 3. However we all know the closed system let's them get the most out of the box and from what I've seen QB looks fantastic on XB1. I'll sure it'll look even better on PC and luckily I'll get a free version with my XB1 pre-order so win-win all around!

That's not the only component of a decent gaming PC. Quality PC gaming is very much an investment, but it evens out since you save money on games and you don't have the online subscription fees. However even then many people aren't going to be comfortable with getting it setup and maintaining it. I've seen threads on here where people will buy a new PS3/PS4 just because they need more hard drive space and are too scared to upgrade the hard drives themselves. You think people like that will get into PC gaming?

Top Bottom