• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break Gameplay (Gamescom 2015)

ODDI

Cf6mtxL.gif

Noticed that the Monach tropper is trying to do a melee like the superman punch that Jack does earlier but the player uses the time bubble on the trooper in mid air to block the attack then time dashes back behind cover. I like it.

Aww man imagine if they implement team based multiplayer into this the possibilities!

Raide

Aww man imagine if they implement team based multiplayer into this the possibilities!

They don't classically put any MP in their games but based upon that section of the game and the extra thought of MP is just amazing. Could be an utterly crazy mode. Not many games have done the time stuff and mixed MP well.

Cf6mtxL.gif

Noticed that the Monach tropper is trying to do a melee like the superman punch that Jack does earlier but the player uses the time bubble on the trooper in mid air to block the attack then time dashes back behind cover. I like it.

Yeah I noticed that, so cool that we'll get enemies on our level rather than being cannon fodder that'll only be challenging by throwing swarms at you.

EBE

I'm coming around on the X-Men guy. saw his little interview on the daily show and he seems alright.

ODDI

They don't classically put any MP in their games but based upon that section of the game and the extra thought of MP is just amazing. Could be an utterly crazy mode. Not many games have done the time stuff and mixed MP well.

Yes and it's about time someone does it (well).

Raide

Yes and it's about time someone does it (well).

The biggest problem with doing these types of modes is that everyone having the power to shift time just makes everything weird. Having players normal and then one player gets powers is also a balance nightmare. Still, I would love to see a team do it right!

Gameplay looks too easy, protagonist seems somewhat overpowered to me. But everything else looks great.

You guys do know that virtually every single press demo of every game is basically win mode right?

You would have a hard time finding presentations where this wasn't the case. They don't exactly want to accidentally die or get their ass kicked in general while trying to show off their game.

I remember Bungie actually didn't have god mode on for their Halo 3 demos so they were stressed out about not getting killed during them back in the day. That's not terribly common though.

If they do multiplayer they should make those time powers be map pick ups.
Im sick of killstreak mechanics it forces camping instead of running like pick ups do.

Frog-fu

Banned
um, that's super cool of them, and it's awesome they do that. Buying devs and forcing them first-party sucks.

They're all adults and professionals. It's not like MS would put them in a sweatshop after buying them out. All I'm saying is that I don't understand their way of doing things, it seems so detrimental to themselves.

If it's first party it's probably 1080p30. It looks great. Either way if you want to play the game you'll buy it regardless of resolution since the Xbox one is the only way to play it.

I don't think it has looked 1080 in any of the footage released apart from the reveal. Certainly for the higher quality footage released of a small snippet of gamescom footage it didnt. Would be happy to proven wrong however.

No clue what this is running at but unless I am mistake AW was actually a very specific case of them opting to drop from 720p with 2xMSAA to 960 by 544 so they could have 4xMSAA at the lower resolution for better foliage coverage.

Yeah, AW was pretty post heavy. I remember the fury on N4G when it was announced that the game was 544p, but then the DF analysis hit and I was impressed with how much they were doing with the engine on Xbox 360.

Yeah, AW was pretty post heavy. I remember the fury on N4G when it was announced that the game was 544p, but then the DF analysis hit and I was impressed with how much they were doing with the engine on Xbox 360.

It was pretty rare to see that kind of thing on the 360 at the time. Sony's devs were going all in with that kind of stuff where Microsoft's offerings had been a lot more straight forward at that point.

nOoblet16

I am looking forware to playing it at gamescom tomorrow.

If he weren't white, gamers would have trouble relating to him.

Play GTA V and notice how much more you can relate to Michael and Trevor over Franklin.
This is an old post from first page I am replying to so might be a dead argument but I'm not white nor black nor asian nor latino/hispanic...100% of the games I play and have played have nothing of my race in it 9/10 don't even have a character of my race in it...I don't seem to have this issue with not being able to relate.

This looks fantastic. The stylish effects look amazing and I'm a sucker for time travel, slow motion ect. This is hitting all the right notes for me. So far this is the game that is going to make me purchase an X1. Remedy knows how to make games I like.

GavinGT

Banned
It's neat to see people coming around on this game. I think everyone was skeptical for a while. Can't wait to play this story out.

It's kind of weird, because it's really just a prettier version of what we already saw. Maybe with a couple extra time powers thrown in.

wachie

Not feeling this game at all. I'm surprised usually my opinion is the same as majority of GAF but it's the opposite for the Gamescom Xbox games.

Top Bottom