• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break Gameplay (Gamescom 2015)

Frog-fu

Banned
Though it's weird that he played Final Fantasy with three other friends. He made it sounds like each one of them controlled one specific character as the turn came around.

Naw he meant passing the one controller around. Used to do that all the time when I was a kid.

Naw he meant passing the one controller around. Used to do that all the time when I was a kid.

That's what I meant. That must have been a boring way to play the game. My cousin and I passed the the controller around alternating for each battle, but not on a per character basis like he said. That's nuts.

faer0n

the presentation on the gamescom showfloor was really interessting. they showed the outcome of a scene depending on the players choice. with the first choice a sidecharacter was killed and in the second she survived to become an ally later on.
both scenes were in live action.
after that they showed the same scene from the villain's perspective (live action), where two guards lost their guns without knowing how and then ithey switched to the ingame part and showed how the player stopped time, stole their guns and left the place.

their vision sounded really interessing and promissing

Watched the gameplay trailer and those time effects are kind of obnoxious visually. It didn't bother me in the first reveal, but it seems way more pronounced now

shinnn

RedPitifulIberiannase.gif

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
The transition is fucking awesome. Quantum Break definitely has a chance to be something special.

Okay...this is way different than what Defiance was doing.

Damn.

I cant figure out which would make me get an XBO more now...this or CD 3.

Majestad

Banned
Does anyone still think that at the end of the game, there might be some reference to Alan Wake. Maybe they are both part of the same world?

Draconian

Looks great. Remedy is a fantastic studio, and I can't wait to play this.

Overall, though, given that this was (probably?) the last really big showing of the game before release, it was a bit odd we didn't really gain any new insight into the various elements of the game, in particular the story and the gameplay. In other words, I haven't really learned anything new about the game I didn't know/saw before in one way or another, save for the Hollywood celebs they signed up.

There's 8 months until launch. There's no way this is the last big showing for this game especially considering the amount of resources they've seemed to put into it.

derFeef

What the actual fuck? How does the game look that good?? Do we have confirmation on whether or not these are realtime? Also can I have a link to the the source video for this?

First part is the game, second part (where are the guns?) is the show part (real). Easy to make out ;)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
as good as the show will be, with all its ties and connections to the game, i'd MUCH rather have it be in-engine cutscenes than full motion video. still, this could easily end up being my goty 2016. cant wait.

SilentRob

RedPitifulIberiannase.gif

Amazing transition!!!

Just to clarify: The transition doesn't happen like that in the actual game as far as we have been shown in our presentation with Sam Lake.

Show and Game aren't intermixed with each other: You see events happening from the side of the bad guys in the show (in these scene they captured Jack Joyce, have an argument, draw their weapons, camera zooms in on their faces, zooms out again, weapons are gone) and then later, wh en the 22min-episode is over, you get to play the other side (or you get to play it first and watch it later). In this GIF everything that happens before in the show (argument breaking out etc.) and the game (Jack waking up in the van) is cut out.

There will 4 episodes, 22 min each. Some key scenes change according to decicions you make in the game, they showed us one scene playing out in two completely different directions. Could be really, really fun and I'm already looking forward to playing through the game at least twice.

Another fun fact: The original protagonist is still in the game, just as a different character, so the actor doesn't just get thrown out. According to Sam they've been working with Ashmore as Jack Joyce for 1 1/2 years now, it simply wasn't ready to be shown until now.

Majestad

Banned
as good as the show will be, with all its ties and connections to the game, i'd MUCH rather have it be in-engine cutscenes than full motion video. still, this could easily end up being my goty 2016. cant wait.

Cutscenes are in-engine.

op_ivy

Cutscenes are in-engine.

i'm aware. i'm talking about the show. with the actors. human actors. as seen in the gif above. i'd rather it ALL be in-engine. i guess using fmv, even with well known actors/actresses, is cheaper? or perhaps not, but i'm in the minority of preferring in-engine?

SilentRob

i'm aware. i'm talking about the show. with the actors. human actors. as seen in the gif above. i'd rather it ALL be in-engine. i guess using fmv, even with well known actors/actresses, is cheaper?

Why would that ever be cheaper and how did you get the impression that's why they chose this direction?

op_ivy

Why would that ever be cheaper and how did you get the impression that's why they chose this direction?

i don't know, hence the question mark. i didnt think it would be cheaper. imo, its an odd choice, especially with the assumption that using fmv is quite a bit more costly.

As good as this looks, there is obviously still a big difference there. A pity you can quickly transition between both though.

Also, definitely prefered the look of the previous protaganist. He had a more distinctive look that the new guy. Shouldnt make a big difference though.

As good as this looks, there is obviously still a big difference there. A pity you can quickly transition between both though.

Also, definitely prefered the look of the previous protaganist. He had a more distinctive look that the new guy. Shouldnt make a big difference though.

Not me. I really disliked the other guys look

oldergamer

It's already been revealed that the game has time puzzles in the stutters the user needs to traverse by using jacks time powers. So it's not always "only" action/combat

Frog-fu

Banned

I agree. This new guy, I like him, but he is a little distractingly too good looking, he doesn't look like the average person like that other guy did, which is what made him look more distinctive.

Havik

i don't know, hence the question mark. i didnt think it would be cheaper. imo, its an odd choice, especially with the assumption that using fmv is quite a bit more costly.

The ingame cutscenes are still acted out by the real actors and then digitalized so that wont be much cheaper then the fmv scenes. But building the sets, props etc will be more expensive then creating them digitally.

Top Bottom