• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet and Clank (PS4) - First Trailer [Up: 8 minutes of gameplay, $40]

RC3 > RC > ACiT > RC2 = ToD

All fantastic games but RC3 was something special, especially with the multiplayer. Really hope RC gets multiplayer again. ACiT would of been at the top but I wanted it to last longer. RC1 had the best levels overall though.

This is looking to be the best RC game yet, with the gunplay of the future trilogy, outstanding visuals and a return to some of the best levels.

All fantastic games but RC3 was something special, especially with the multiplayer. Really hope RC gets multiplayer again. ACiT would of been at the top but I wanted it to last longer. RC1 had the best levels overall though.

This is looking to be the best RC game yet, with the gunplay of the future trilogy, outstanding visuals and a return to some of the best levels.

I don't think I've ever seen an opinion on GAF I agree with so much.

I wonder what this means for the future of Ratchet & Clank. If the movie and game are successful, does this mean we are getting a whole new series based around the movies?

Best wishes.

I wonder what this means for the future of Ratchet & Clank. If the movie and game are successful, does this mean we are getting a whole new series based around the movies?

Best wishes.
I hope so. It feels like the surge for 3D (action) platformers is rising, also Yooka-Laylee. Really wish for a new Ratchet trilogy on the PS4!

Mifune

Mehmber
Not sure why nobody seems to like Tools of Destruction. It's a much more focused game and story than A Crack in Time. It had better optional planets and didn't have any extraneous puzzles killing the momentum.

You now, if they ever add the Ratchet and Clank collection and tools of destruction to PS Now, that might get me to subscribe or rent them.

Not sure why nobody seems to like Tools of Destruction. It's a much more focused game and story than A Crack in Time. It had better optional planets and didn't have any extraneous puzzles killing the momentum.

I find the level design to be much better than Crack in Time, but more focused? Ehh... It had a lot of weird stuff like the on-the-rails space sections, the weird pirate dance mini games, and the weapon balance is much worse than CiT. Then it had the whole system of devices which was weird. The Gyro Cycle was severely and disappointingly underutilized.

That said, I find ToD much more replayable than CiT.

I could probably understand that if you played them when they came out but for me, having entered the series with ToD before going back and finishing the others (I'd played them a bit before but Jak was my PS2 platfomer), here's my list:

ACiT > R&C3 >> ToD > R&C2 >>> R&C1

The only one I didn't really like was R&C1. It was really clunky and the writing really wasn't as good as later installments, especially Ratchet, who was a complete dick.

So ya'll hyped for tomorrow or did the train already die down

We never had a train, we had this:

latest

Meh, I thought The Great Clock sections were the highlights of ACIT, along with the hoverboots. Most of the mini planets were boring though. In that regard, TOD did have better momentum.

Kimppis

I'm almost more hyped for this than MGS5.

Looks fantastic graphically too. I'm wondering how much better does it look than Knack? I never played Knack, but it was pretty next-gen IIRC and the games are similar stylistically.

SparkTR

I'm almost more hyped for this than MGS5.

Looks fantastic graphically too. I'm wondering how much better does it look than Knack? I never played Knack, but it was pretty next-gen IIRC and the games are similar stylistically.

Knack looked pretty poor/average to me, definitely a disappointment to someone expecting a generational leap the first time they played a PS4. This looks WAY better.

DC1

Knack looked pretty poor/average to me, definitely a disappointment to someone expecting a generational leap the first time they played a PS4. This looks WAY better.
Knack was beautiful on/as a next gen launch release.
And I will add that,
I fully expect any game released two years after launch to look better.

Jigolo

And that's okay in my opinion. We've already had complete sagas in the ratchet series.

BTW the game will not bomb. Movie might but the game won't.

Kimppis

Oh, ok... Some Gamersyde videos and screenshots looked pretty next-gen to me back in 2013. I guess there's absolutely no reason to try out the game anymore (atleast not with my backlog), even for 10 euros.

And a R&C game should look a lot better regardless, especially considering that the game is coming out over 2 years later and its budget is probably higher (although it seems to cheaper... so maybe not). I'm just excited to see "colourful" current-gen graphics after Killzone, Infamous, Driveclub and The Order.

fixuis

Knack was and remains to this day a gorgeous game worthy of the nex gen title. It truly was a Pixar quality leap, specially if you played all the way through. This def outclasses it though. I'm so excited. Looks like platformers are making a come back this gen. Imagine what they will look like by the end of this gen.

Rckstar

When i saw the reveal last week it reminded that i missed out on these games... so i got some of them and finished A Crack in Time, QfB, Nexus, R&C and playing R&C 2 atm.

I'm so freaking hooked right now its not even funny. Can't wait for the first PS4 appearance.

Just hope it will be longer than Nexus...

leadbelly

Banned
I was thinking that this does look graphically like a console in its second year. There is a level of polish here that wasn't really present in earlier games.

corn_fest

I'm with you, it was the first one I played and my favorite one. Sargasso is up there for all-time best planets.

(btw, I don't want to hijack the thread, but - I really enjoyed all of the Future trilogy (and even Into the Nexus), but didn't have much luck with the original trilogy. The first one I eventually gave up on close to the end because of it's lack of checkpointing (and with this game coming out I don't feel too bad about it), but I also dropped Going Commando pretty early on because of some shitty spaceship battle section. Should I power through it? Skip to Up Your Arsenal?)

I'm with you, it was the first one I played and my favorite one. Sargasso is up there for all-time best planets.

(btw, I don't want to hijack the thread, but - I really enjoyed all of the Future trilogy (and even Into the Nexus), but didn't have much luck with the original trilogy. The first one I eventually gave up on close to the end because of it's lack of checkpointing (and with this game coming out I don't feel too bad about it), but I also dropped Going Commando pretty early on because of some shitty spaceship battle section. Should I power through it? Skip to Up Your Arsenal?)

Heck yeah Going Commando is an essential. I think the space sections are great when I go back on my leisure to do the extra challenges... I don't like being forced to do it though.

Kimppis

When i saw the reveal last week it reminded that i missed out on these games... so i got some of them and finished A Crack in Time, QfB, Nexus, R&C and playing R&C 2 atm.

I'm so freaking hooked right now its not even funny. Can't wait for the first PS4 appearance.

Just hope it will be longer than Nexus...

Saving the best one (3 aka Up Your Arsenal) for last? :)

It has the best storyline and humour (by far, IMO) in the series, no shitty hoverboarding or spaceship battles. The game is as perfect as it gets.

Knack was and remains to this day a gorgeous game worthy of the nex gen title. It truly was a Pixar quality leap, specially if you played all the way through. This def outclasses it though. I'm so excited. Looks like platformers are making a come back this gen. Imagine what they will look like by the end of this gen.

Knack was good but it wasn't anywhere near Pixar. I had fun playing with a friend in shareplay. It was actually quite a lot of fun tbh.

datwr

RC3 is my all time favorite, my brother and I played the hell out of the online multiplayer.

Kinda funny Ratchet and Clank is probably the first game I play on a new PlayStation console once again. RC2 was my first game on PS2, ToD on PS3 and most likely RC on Ps4!

Top Bottom