• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet and Clank (PS4) - First Trailer [Up: 8 minutes of gameplay, $40]

Yeah, nothing new was shown as far I could see.

We'll probably get it at the conference then.
crossedfinger.jpg

It was probably a mistake on someone's part. From Insomniac's tweets, they definitely seemed to have intended on showing off a new level at this event.

That Gaspar footage was gorgeous! Looks so much easier to get through than it did in the original game. And I love the jetpack! Great addition from Into the Nexus

The thing that bothers me the most presentation and flow wise, is how the quick select wheel really halts the pacing of the action more noticeably than ever. I guess now that the visuals and sound are cranked to 11, every time that wheel comes up it feels like this cg-movie quality gameplay is buffering. I would hope that there is a 'quick select cycle' button or something that enables you to cycle through your last used three or four weapons without halting the action so abruptly. I don't know what they're using the touchpad on the DS4 for, but even that would be fantastic for a non-intrusive way to switch to your top-4 weapons while staying in action.

I'm also hoping they tighten up some of the animation used for movement. There are brief moments like these where the movement looks so stiff and "gen-6" to me. This strafe jump to the left just looks... wrong.

4SnsW1J.gif

After seeing how fluidly the playable characters in UC4 and FF15 move in every possible direction, I'm hoping they can similarly elevate these moments in animation to that level.

Other than that, the rest of this game is

RandyMarshJizz.jpg

Surprised at the reaction of the music. Sure it's less goofy than the original, but the newly orchestrated track feels grandiose and high-budget. I like it.

Five

Banned
The thing that bothers me the most presentation and flow wise, is how the quick select wheel really halts the pacing of the action more noticeably than ever. I guess now that the visuals and sound are cranked to 11, every time that wheel comes up it feels like this cg-movie quality gameplay is buffering. I would hope that there is a 'quick select cycle' button or something that enables you to cycle through your last used three or four weapons without halting the action so abruptly. I don't know what they're using the touchpad on the DS4 for, but even that would be fantastic for a non-intrusive way to switch to your top-4 weapons while staying in action.

R&C games typically give you the option to have the action stop or not when the wheel goes up, but there's a new half-measure that a lot of games are doing where the gameplay slows down a significant degree instead of stopping altogether. I really like that approach, and hope it finds its way into this game as at least an option.

The thing that bothers me the most presentation and flow wise, is how the quick select wheel really halts the pacing of the action more noticeably than ever. I guess now that the visuals and sound are cranked to 11, every time that wheel comes up it feels like this cg-movie quality gameplay is buffering. I would hope that there is a 'quick select cycle' button or something that enables you to cycle through your last used three or four weapons without halting the action so abruptly.

Ratchet and Clank games since 2 or 3 have always had that option.

Surprised at the reaction of the music. Sure it's less goofy than the original, but the newly orchestrated track feels grandiose and high-budget. I like it.

I thought Bross has been terrible since FFA personally, and OK in all 4 one. I wouldn't have much of an issue as of now, but knowing the track record I have with this composer makes it so much worse. ITN was the worst. It had some good tracks, but I felt like so much of it was just obnoxious fast paced blaring noise, and it doesn't really instill hope for me in regards to how this soundtrack will turn out.... That was the only game I ever played that made me turn down the music volume.

And of course, the original soundtrack is amazing in my opinion and the fact that they're not reimagining the soundtrack is a huge opportunity missed...

My friends went and shared with me the controls for the game (which look to be just like every other game, except I can't remember strafe lock being click on R3)

10488290_867968459947660_9022570318137981907_n.jpg

1521942_867968629947643_1565866641466919193_n.jpg

I'm also hoping they tighten up some of the animation used for movement. There are brief moments like these where the movement looks so stiff and "gen-6" to me. This strafe jump to the left just looks... wrong.

4SnsW1J.gif

After seeing how fluidly the playable characters in UC4 and FF15 move in every possible direction, I'm hoping they can similarly elevate these moments in animation to that level.

Other than that, the rest of this game is

RandyMarshJizz.jpg

quick select wheel can be made so it doesn't pause which is how I roll.

Planet

Do I got news for you
Thanks but no thanks. That translates to over 45 Euros to me, while I got credit in PSN Store cheaper than the list value. So when it is for pre-order as download for €40, I will get it for quite a bit less than €40 effectively.

As a sidenote, I tend to keep my games, unless they suck. So there is no resell value for me whatever the buy option.

Thanks but no thanks. That translates to over 45 Euros to me, while I got credit in PSN Store cheaper than the list value. So when it is for pre-order as download for €40, I will get it for quite a bit less than €40 effectively.

As a sidenote, I tend to keep my games, unless they suck. So there is no resell value for me whatever the buy option.

sad_okay.gif

Bandit1

My friends went and shared with me the controls for the game (which look to be just like every other game, except I can't remember strafe lock being click on R3)

10488290_867968459947660_9022570318137981907_n.jpg

1521942_867968629947643_1565866641466919193_n.jpg

We can still fire with circle..

tumblr_nd3digMgkO1ts63ovo1_500.gif

This makes me happy. It's so outdated but I used it all through the Future series even after they added the option to use R1.

Been playing Up Your Arsenal HD the last few days as well. I love this series.

Top Bottom