• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recore Preview Thread (Mega Man meets Con Man meets Metroid Prime)

SOR5

Not coming in at full price is a great move for this game, pushes it into impulse buy territory easily. With these solid previews and the fact that it's only $50AUD, definitely picking this up at launch.

Wait for feedback!!

If it's worthy of success, it'll be successful

Can't wait for this. I'm not that interested in gears 4 or forza but this justifies re-buying the xb1 beyond just being able to play titanfall 1 again lol.

leroidys

This game looks really great, but I think is a prime example of the industry feeling like they need to shoehorn shooting/combat elements into every game. The shooting element looks really weak and doesn't appear to actually add anything.

MoonFrog

I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. I hope it turns out. The world needs more Prime inspired games, really. And good ones.

Menitta

Digital will give you Play Anywhere

Physical will give you whatever the benefits of physical are, maybe you like collecting?

Boxes are cool...

If a game I buy used doesn't have a cover, I'll print one out and put it in the case. Did that with Apollo Justice and Cave Story 3D.

Also, fuck Nintendo's "account" system.

SOR5

http://thisgengaming.com/2016/08/27/5-reasons-why-recore-needs-to-be-on-your-radar/

5 reasons why Recore needs to be on your radar, this should be a bit more malleable then the Zelda one

Boxes are cool...

If a game I buy used doesn't have a cover, I'll print one out and put it in the case. Did that with Apollo Justice and Cave Story 3D.

Also, fuck Nintendo's "account" system.

How do you get those covers just right??

Mine always end up looking like this

1825271.main_image.jpg

SOR5

An official cosplay guide for any cosplayers out there, also Recore is appearing on the dashboard in the bottom right, so theres the first ramp-up towards release

Joule_cosplay.png

Oh and...

86xxquX.png

Novocaine

Sounds like it's probably worth a buy. Still want to wait for more in depth impressions before I pull the trigger though, already going poor from Bioshock.

Got a $74 credit balance as a refund to the discontinued xbox fitness.

Spent 10 on gears of War remaster.

64 left. Recore....gears 4? (Probably both).
Maybe forza.

SOR5

Some off-screen Gamescom footage
There's some subtle polishing in the animation, particularly in the jumping and landing, more of an "oomph" when Joules hits the ground, and a slight sway in her strafing

so, does play-anywhere work only if you buy it digitally?

Only digital, BUT you can buy codes at Amazon or Retailers

Any word on when the embargo is up?

Nooo idea, probably around launch like many other games, but the new trailer coming tommorow will showcase robot customization and story elements

SOR5

I forgot to mention that Chad Seiter is the composer for the game, he's responsible for Pokemon: Symphonic Evolutions and Zelda: Symphony of The Goddesses and he's also assisted in the composition of Pixar films such as Up and Ratatouille, his work can be found right here and an article on the making of the music which has a full orchestra behind it!

ReCore_Trailer_Soundtrack_v2.jpg

Is this game coming to Steam or is it Win10 store exclusive?
Its a Play Anywhere exclusive so Xbox/Win10 only

Menitta

I forgot to mention that Chad Seiter is the composer for the game, he's responsible for Pokemon: Symphonic Evolutions and Zelda: Symphony of The Goddesses and he's also assisted in the composition of Pixar films such as Up and Ratatouille, his work can be found right here and an article on the making of the music which has a full orchestra behind it!

ReCore_Trailer_Soundtrack_v2.jpg

Its a Play Anywhere exclusive so Xbox/Win10 only

Music confirmed good.

New002

Really interested in the new trailer. I'm looking for a new game to fill the gap between now and BF1/Xenoverse 2 and this could do nicely!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
How the minds behind Metroid Prime and Mega Man joined forces to make ReCore (The Verge)

This is one you wanna read yourself, Armature is in charge of the game development whilst Comcept seems to be managing the creative side of things whilst talking through Skype calls, eventually though they both began to blend in with development priorities and recommendations. Artists, designers and engineers from MS have also been contributing everyday as well, apparently the development has been relatively seamless

also some new artwork and screenshots

Ha vent been impressed with what I've seen this far, quite the opposite actually, but this article hyped me a fair bit. Looking forward to tomorrow's trailer.

SOR5

Video for New Trailer Reveal for ReCore, Plus Voice Cast and Story Hints
Survival starts in the core, and today Microsoft Studios unveiled a new look into ReCore’s adventure-filled world, Far Eden, and its heroine, Joule Adams. Narrated by Joule’s father, Dr. Thomas Adams, the video takes a deeper look at Joule’s journey, revealing new gameplay and characters from ReCore’s cinematic story as well as the qualities Joule inherited from her father; qualities that will help her and her Corebot companions to bring new life and hope to Far Eden.

In addition to these new insights into ReCore’s gameplay and story, we’re also excited to reveal some of the actors helping bring ReCore to life: Joule (Erika Soto, Halo Wars 2), Dr. Adams (Connor Trinneer, Stargate: Atlantis and Star Trek: Enterprise), and the mysterious Kai Brehn, who makes his first appearance in today’s trailer (Harry Shum Jr., Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments and Glee).

Top Bottom