• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil TGS Special Stage Event Stream on Sep 17th (RE7, Vendetta, & More)

Zero-ELEC

Banned
What, that colossal imbecile?

The C-Virus cloning/making someone into an entirely different person is one of the strangest things to come from that game and I honestly hope most of the plot from RE6 is ignored

Well, to be fair, cloning already exists in the RE universe; that's where all the Tyrants come from.

Is it sad im more excited about what Rebecca has been up to and her appearance with Chris in the CG movie over RE7?

You could always watch THE STAGE to get an idea of what Rebecca's been doing.

The finger lol

STARRING

CHRIS REDFIELD

mqdefault.jpg

REBECCA CHAMBERS

hqdefault.jpg

DUMMY FINGER

resident-evil-7-teaser_-beginning-hour_20160615141521.jpg

RESIDENT EVIL

explosion.gif~c200
explosion.gif~c200
explosion.gif~c200

I'll watch it live even though RE7 it's not what i would call the sequel i was expecting (FPS isn't my type of game) hopefully I end up being wrong about how i feel right now.

Vendetta... Leon and Chris once again? Even though i don't dislike them, they have appeared in the last couple of games/movies, where's Jill? I really want to know what's happened to her after those tests she mentioned on REV2 (2011 in the timeline IIRC)

I'm the only one who thinks that a new Mercenaries game to celebrate the 20th anniversary would be nice? Take the 3DS game as a base and add all the other characters and stages that have been on the newer titles... Capcom should do it!!

Thanks for the info OP!!

Vidiot

Always wanted a more fleshed out mercenaries that lifted iconic levels/enemies from classic RE games. A mansion stage with Tyrants showing up, a police station stage with Mr. X or William, and of course the streets of Raccoon City with Nemesis. It's what I was hoping mercs 3d was going to be but that was hopelessly half assed.

Jawmuncher

Resident Evil Outbreak HD 1 & 2......please?

I'll watch it live even though RE7 it's not what i would call the sequel i was expecting (FPS isn't my type of game) hopefully I end up being wrong about how i feel right now.

Vendetta... Leon and Chris once again? Even though i don't dislike them, they have appeared in the last couple of games/movies, where's Jill? I really want to know what's happened to her after those tests she mentioned on REV2 (2011 in the timeline IIRC)

I'm the only one who thinks that a new Mercenaries game to celebrate the 20th anniversary would be nice? Take the 3DS game as a base and add all the other characters and stages that have been on the newer titles... Capcom should do it!!

Thanks for the info OP!!

Always wanted a more fleshed out mercenaries that lifted iconic levels/enemies from classic RE games. A mansion stage with Tyrants showing up, a police station stage with Mr. X or William, and of course the streets of Raccoon City with Nemesis. It's what I was hoping mercs 3d was going to be but that was hopelessly half assed.

If there is indeed a third games fans have been requesting, these two sound like the most likely to me. Outbreak has had a very devoted fanbase for years, and with the changes to online gaming. I think that series could grab a whole new batch of commited fans, especially across XB1, PC, and PS4.
The only other game to me would be a expansive Mercs game that encompasses the entire series history. Seems like a good way to celebrate the series, as well as give action fans something to hold them over.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Vendetta features Leon, Chris, and Rebecca. I have my doubts a third game would be revealed, but certainly not impossible (Umbrella Corps and Revelations 2 were revealed at the last two TGS, given they were revealed at Sony's conference). I do think they will talk a bit more about other Resident Evil stuff though, since the Stage Show part 2 isn't just a Movie conference (even if that is part of the focus) but a 20th anniversary discussion in general, so might talk about some other things. If those other things are a game or not? To be seen.

Good to know, heard about it too, not too surprising but good to know.

I actually work with someone in Japan on a regular basis, I'm in PST time zone and Japanese Standard Time is 16 hours ahead of PST time, which is easier to think of as 8 hours behind and a day. Since the conference starts at 12:25 PM JST, that would translate to 4:25 AM PST. But there might be a variable here I'm missing, since I am getting weird conflicting information when I google it where some say the time I listed, some say the time you guys are thinking. But I'm basing this math off of the person who lives in Japan I have to time schedule for sometimes.

I'd say its unlikely, but not impossible. I don't think they'll talk REmake 2 until after RE7 is out though, but there is a 30-minute general Resident Evil part of this stage event, though we know some time will be dedicated to the two films.

Japan is 13 hours ahead my time, 16 your time. If it's at noon in Japan it's 11pm the night before for EST and therefore 8pm for PST. Where is 4 am coming from, that's only 8 hours back?

Dusk Golem

Japan is 13 hours ahead my time, 16 your time. If it's at noon in Japan it's 11pm the night before for EST and therefore 8pm for PST. Where is 4 am coming from, that's only 8 hours back?

Okay, I see the confusion. It's not 16 hours BEHIND you, it's 16 hours AHEAD of you. But for me, it's easier to picture at -8 hours plus a day. The first conference starts at 12:25 JST, which translates to 4:25 AM PST.

Kuraudo

Banned
Vendetta features Leon, Chris, and Rebecca. I have my doubts a third game would be revealed, but certainly not impossible (Umbrella Corps and Revelations 2 were revealed at the last two TGS, given they were revealed at Sony's conference). I do think they will talk a bit more about other Resident Evil stuff though, since the Stage Show part 2 isn't just a Movie conference (even if that is part of the focus) but a 20th anniversary discussion in general, so might talk about some other things. If those other things are a game or not? To be seen.

Other things including L'Arcoon City ;)

Dusk Golem

Other things including L'Arcoon City ;)

It very well could be. I'm wondering though if the reason why they showed ;L'Arcoon City' game (I'll call it that for the moment) was so they'd announce it to save time for other things for their own Resident Evil Stage event since the series has its own stage event this year.

So where's like... that other 20th anniversary surprise game? I'll take anything tbh.

Rebecca being in Vendetta = Rebecca confirmed for Revelations 3. YAS!

Bl@de

So where's like... that other 20th anniversary surprise game? I'll take anything tbh.

Rebecca being in Vendetta = Rebecca confirmed for Revelations 3. YAS!

Did somebody say anything? Well, here is your long awaited sequel...

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City 2 - Operate Harder EX

Did somebody say anything? Well, here is your long awaited sequel...

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City 2 - Operate Harder EX

I will fucking take it. Can't get worse than Umbrella Crop. ORC was actually fun in co-op tbh even though the multiplayer was utter trash and broken, but the campaign was aiight. Wanted Nemesis mode for PS3.

Jawmuncher

I will fucking take it. Can't get worse than Umbrella Crop. ORC was actually fun in co-op tbh even though the multiplayer was utter trash and broken, but the campaign was aiight. Wanted Nemesis mode for PS3.

ORC with the gameplay of Umbrella Corps and none of the jank could actually be good.

Biggest issue with ORC to me, besides the weird power ups. Was everything was a bullet sponge in that game, and the melee was bad.

Okay, I see the confusion. It's not 16 hours BEHIND you, it's 16 hours AHEAD of you. But for me, it's easier to picture at -8 hours plus a day. The first conference starts at 12:25 JST, which translates to 4:25 AM PST.

Im sorry but I still don't see what you are talking about. The conference will be on Friday night at 11:25pm EST and 8:25pm PST.

Bl@de

What else can I expect from someone who has a RE6 avatar *duckandrun*

TreIII

Keeping my expectations in check. But I'm hoping that since RE7 is still going to be the flagship game (and any
classic characters
that show up will still likely be cameos, there will be at least one good Mercenaries/Rev type game where the "superheroes" of the cast can be celebrated in full.

Simo

This apparently starts in about six hours, thought I'd give a heads-up.

Hm? I thought someone said 9pm EST so that'd be in less than 4 hours?

EDIT: Never mind, I guess Capcom's whole TGS thing kicks off at 9pm EST but the RE stuff is at 11:25pm EST.

Spoo

Excited for this. Love the direction the new game is taking, and hoping to see some classic RE gameplay so people can see how well it can translate to FP.

Dusk Golem

I'm here for the Vendetta trailer.

The Vendetta trailer being here is basically a shoe-in.

RE7 I am wondering what they'll do. I wouldn't be surprised if they show the recent trailer again for TGS attendees, but as the RE7 part of the stage event is 45 minutes long, I wonder what they'll be doing for the rest of the time. I'm not sure there'd be gameplay, but maybe they'll talk about some things. Bet they'll talk about the different editions in Japan and maybe mention the new demo, but curious.

Are we even going to get anymore new footage?

No idea, maybe, maybe not. There is almost 100% going to be the Vendetta reveal trailer at this event, but if any new RE7 footage? -shrugs- Since the conference is in Japanese, there is certain to be new information, but unless someone who speaks Japanese spills the juicy bits, we wouldn't be able to understand it. But they do have 45 minutes dedicated to RE7, so I guess we'll see.

Kalentan

I gotta say, I'm super hyped for RE7 and probably will check the stream out. But I will make a huge confession- HUGE. I've... never actually beaten a Resident Evil game or even owned one. Technically. Which is kind of crazy considering I've posted so much in the other RE7 threads. I just watched some videos and read a bunch of articles (and watched an entire Revelations playthrough.)

Seriously considering buying a bunch of the games on the Humble Store... See if I can get some done before RE7 comes around. I was thinking of getting REMake, RE0, RE5, and RE6 and maybe get RE4 for full price. (How is the PC port by the way?)

Jawmuncher

The Japanese capcom page says something stars in 2 hours and a half. Is that the RE show?

I gotta say, I'm super hyped for RE7 and probably will check the stream out. But I will make a huge confession- HUGE. I've... never actually beaten a Resident Evil game or even owned one. Technically. Which is kind of crazy considering I've posted so much in the other RE7 threads. I just watched some videos and read a bunch of articles (and watched an entire Revelations playthrough.)

Seriously considering buying a bunch of the games on the Humble Store... See if I can get some done before RE7 comes around. I was thinking of getting REMake, RE0, RE5, and RE6 and maybe get RE4 for full price. (How is the PC port by the way?)

All of the PC ports are good, so you don't have any worries there.

Neff

Seriously considering buying a bunch of the games on the Humble Store... See if I can get some done before RE7 comes around. I was thinking of getting REMake

If you play any RE game, this is the one.

The Japanese capcom page says something stars in 2 hours and a half. Is that the RE show?

They're clearly getting Dragon's Dogma 2, DMC5, God Hand 2 and Dino Crisis 4 out of the way first so that the RE2 Remake doesn't upstage them.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
My hopes
Resident Evil 7 gameplay that proves it's still Resident Evil and not a Outlast knockoff
Resident Evil 2 Remastered trailer + details
Resident Evil Revelations 3
Dumping the partner thing and returning to the old style with the RE4 style camera
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis Remastered announcement.
All running on the RE engine demonstrating how good the engine is in a 3Rd person environment not limited by VR.

My hopes
Resident Evil 7 gameplay that proves it's still Resident Evil and not a Outlast knockoff
Dumping the partner thing and returning to the old style with the RE4 style camera
All running on the RE engine demonstrating how good the engine is in a 3Rd person environment not limited by VR.

Prepare to be disappointed!

My hopes

lmao this dude is so hurt about RE7 that he drops in every topic to tell everyone.

Neff

I know you're thinking big, but Revelations 3 won't happen for a couple of years or so, and it's incredibly unlikely that it'll be announced before RE2make is released.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Prepare to be disappointed!
I know, I still have hopes for RE7.
Must be something they're hiding.
lmao this dude is so hurt about RE7 that he drops in every topic to tell everyone.
Nope there is 2 threads I haven't replied in, cuz whats the point?
this is about what I hope to see, I'm sure I ain't alone.
Both Resident Evil and REOutlast fans probably wanna see something familiar that'll make them smile and go.
Lcn0yF1RcLANG.gif

Thats what I want, and you blame people after that demo update?
unless you actually thought it was awesome.

I know you're thinking big, but Revelations 3 won't happen for a couple of years or so, and it's incredibly unlikely that it'll be announced before RE2make is released.

Especially since the Revelations 2 director/RE5 director is working on the RE2 Remake...

I know, I still have hopes for RE7.
Must be something they're hiding.

Nope there is 2 threads I haven't replied in, cuz whats the point?
this is about what I hope to see, I'm sure I ain't alone.
Both Resident Evil and Outlast fans probably wanna see something familiar that'll make them smile and go.
Lcn0yF1RcLANG.gif

Thats what I want, and you blame people after that demo update?
unless you actually thought it was awesome.

What about if I tell you that I LOVE the way RE7 is and I have every RE game released! I feel bad for you! U will prob miss one of the greatest games next year!

My hopes

Your first is what we all hope. All rumors point to it being RE.

The rest probably not happening

Top Bottom